Oh Kez!!!

John Lambies Doos

23 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Aye cos Alex salmond has been useless for Scottish independence 
Even if he's found guilty, he'll have arguably done more than anyone to promote Scottish independence over the years.

I like the wings guy. I don't agree with everything he's said, but I hate the modern trend of writing someone off entirely due to one or two statements.

Can't say I like him but he's certainly far better at what he does than anyone else, even more folk would believe the bullshit fed to us by our imperial masters if he wasn't around.

Can't see 'em.
You can't see past the end of your nose sometimes.

Campbell has undoubtedly been positive for the Independence cause but there are times his other views are damaging.

The way some champion him no matter what is disturbing.

You just wonder what some people are prepared to ignore because someone is seen to be on the "independence side".

I have to admit that I'm not up on the transphobia accusations, but I also know that I've read about Germaine Greer and Mary Beard being described as transphobic - so I'm not convinced the debate is cut and dried.

There is a clear split between more militant transgender campaigners and traditional feminists. That isn't what is going on with Campbell.

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
14 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
I have to admit that I'm not up on the transphobia accusations, but I also know that I've read about Germaine Greer and Mary Beard being described as transphobic - so I'm not convinced the debate is cut and dried.

There is a clear split between more militant transgender campaigners and traditional feminists. That isn't what is going on with Campbell.

In what way do his views vary from the "traditional feminists" who are pretty much asking the same questions he is?

Btw, if anyone is wondering, this line that Baxter Parp is taking is 100% predictable. Exactly the sort of person who will defend the indefensible because of the side he's on. Once tried to create an anti-SNP conspiracy on a photo that had Mark Carney in it which went wonderfully badly for him.

Tool.

There's no denying that he was massively important both pre and post September 2014. He opened a lot of people's eyes and probably influenced thousands to join the movement and vote yes. Most of his stuff around that time was fucking excellent.

He's now just preaching to the converted.

Ask yourself this, are those who are still on the fence going to be persuaded to vote yes after reading some of the shite he posts and knowing that the absolute zoomers on the fringes of the movement flock to him like a moth to a flame ? 

47 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

He's stirring up an online and manufactured controversy. Have you ever heard of man pretending to be a woman to get into a women's toilets or shower room? It's back to Clause 28 and having to stop all these teachers turning their pupils gay. Anyway he should keep it separate from the indy thing, he's using the Scotland brand to sell his own shitty prejudices. Wings over Labeling maybe, he called himself Wings over Sealand I think when he was blaming scousers for Hillsborough.

Edited by welshbairn

Is he wrong?  Are men who declare they're woman biologically women? What are the implications for society if it's so?

I think any women, who identify as women, are women. Yes.

Do you think women who identify as such but are assigned male at birth to be delusional men?

Edited to take out even the sliver of indulgence for this trans panic nonsense. welshbairn is right, it’s Section 28 nonsense all over again.

Just now, welshbairn said:

He's stirring up an online and manufactured controversy. Have you ever heard of man pretending to be a woman to get into a women's toilets or shower room? It's back to Clause 28 and having to stop all these teachers turning their pupils gay.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/female-spaces-need-better-protection-after-trans-woman-sex-assault-on-girl-say-campaigners-1-4868945

https://www.kxii.com/content/news/Transgender-woman-allegedly-sexually-assaults-teen-in-walmart-505820451.html

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/oct/11/transgender-prisoner-who-sexually-assaulted-inmates-jailed-for-life

There's no doubt that transgender people are vulnerable members of society but to assume that they're all saints is just barmy.

Nobody’s claiming they’re saints. You’re suggesting they are men who are invading women’s spaces. Cis women assault women as well. What’s your solution?

Kezia Dugdale is a pretty nondescript, career politician and not a very good one at that, however Stuart Campbell aka 'Wings' is a fucking cretin, a nasty troll and a shit stirring arsehole, the SNP and the independence movement in general would do well to distance themselves from him and his rather confrontational and aggressive form of politics, some of his musings and tweets have been nothing short of disgraceful, Google his quite disgusting comments on Hillsborough for a prime example. No great fan of Dugdale but hope she trounces him in court, utter fucking c**t of a guy.

Edited by Flybhoy

4 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Nobody’s claiming they’re saints. You’re suggesting they are men who are invading women’s spaces. Cis women assault women as well. What’s your solution?

I'm not suggesting that, I'm providing instances of that. Also Cis women do not sexually assault women (unless they're really pissed, I suppose)

Edited by Baxter Parp

1 minute ago, Flybhoy said:

Kezia Dugdale is a pretty nondescript, career politician and not a very good one at that, however Stuart Campbell aka 'Wings' is a fucking cretin, a nasty troll and a shit stirring arsehole, the SNP and the independence movement in general would do well to distance themselves from him and his rather confrontational and aggressive form of politics, some of musings and tweets have been nothing short of disgraceful, Google his quite disgusting comments on Hillsborough for a prime example. No great fan of Dugdale but hope she trounces him in court, utter fucking c**t of a guy.

In all honesty, I hold Dugdale in a similar lowly regard, I'll take a draw.