Oh Kez!!!

John Lambies Doos

The good news is that we've clearly solved all of the pressing social and political problems by now, hence why we can afford to fight such bizarrely fanatical culture wars over identity politics. 

Yea I can’t imagine why trans people and those who know them really care about their ability to be recognised as the gender they identify as. The LGBT community in general is definitely known for its lack of engagement in wider pressing social and political problems.

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

Yea I can’t imagine why trans people and those who know them really care about their ability to be recognised as the gender they identify as. The LGBT community in general is definitely known for its lack of engagement in wider pressing social and political problems.

Don't think he was suggesting that the fanaticism is coming from the LGBT community.

I'm sure there are loads of folk who go through years of mental (and sometimes physical) anguish over their gender just so they can sneak in to a woman's locker room or toilet

Edited by DA Baracus

12 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Trans people and people who know trans people are an absolutely tiny fraction of those who have decided that their cause is the hill that everyone should die on. This is a case of left liberals rapidly disappearing up their own arseholes rather than the great civil rights cause of our time. 

I'm sure there are loads of folk who go through years of mental (and sometimes physical) anguish over their gender just so they can sneak in to a woman's locker room or toilet
You're assuming that every transgender person is a trustworthy soul with an anguished history. A stereotype.

49 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:
1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

You're assuming that every transgender person is a trustworthy soul with an anguished history. A stereotype.

No. 

No I'm not.

If you consider yourself even slightly on 'the left' or 'left wing, then surely you should be showing solidarity with the most vulnerable and marginalised people in our society. 

If you're not willing to do that, then you're not a part of the left.

Standing with trans people isn't identity politics or a hill to die on, it's just the right fucking thing to do.

2 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

If you consider yourself even slightly on 'the left' or 'left wing, then surely you should be showing solidarity with the most vulnerable and marginalised people in our society. 

If you're not willing to do that, then you're not a part of the left.

Erm yes, because the likes of the Jacobins, the Paris Commune, the Bolsheviks and other standout left movements throughout history were notoriously woke and put identity politics irrelevant to the vast majority of their given society at the top of their political agenda. Leftist liberals do not actually get to define what the entire political left stands for. Not least given that your selection of transpeople as 'the most vulnerable and marginalised' group in society would be rejected by a class-centred analysis of society i.e. the form used by the vast majority of movements on the political left. 

Edited by vikingTON