Oh Kez!!!

John Lambies Doos

3 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

What makes a biological woman? Is this a sufficient method of deciding who should be considered a woman?

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

I’m trying to work out whether you think trans women are women and what you consider makes someone a woman.

2 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Didn't you do biology at school?

14 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

I was talking about where you live, not culled news stories. I've heard of countless women being attacked, harassed or perved at round here, not once by a man pretending to be a woman. It's a manufactured online crisis with little bearing to the real world. Although if people like Wings keep banging on about it , it might catch on.

Edited by welshbairn

I was talking about where you live, not culled news stories. I've heard of countless women being attacked, harassed or perved at round here, not once by a man pretending to be a woman.

Bear in mind your argument is that men don’t pretend to be women to access women’s spaces and his literal response is articles about sexual assaults committed by trans women. So, he’s arguing that trans women are delusional or malicious men.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

I was talking about where you live, not culled news stories. I've heard of countless women being attacked, harassed or perved at round here, not once by a man pretending to be a woman.

Oh, you want anecdotes, how silly of me. Because it hasn't happened down your local doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Just now, NotThePars said:

Bear in mind your argument is that men don’t pretend to be women to access women’s spaces and his literal response is articles about sexual assaults committed by trans women. So, he’s arguing that trans women are delusional or malicious men.

No, I'm not and this still isn't about me. But my stance is with (some) feminists on this one, blind acceptance of self-declaration could lead to a diminuation of women's rights.

https://www.economist.com/open-future/2018/07/05/trans-rights-should-not-come-at-the-cost-of-womens-fragile-gains

2 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Oh, you want anecdotes, how silly of me. Because it hasn't happened down your local doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Absolutely every possible bad thing has probably taken place at least once in the world. It's not a reason to refuse to call Chelsea Manning by her preferred gender.

Just now, welshbairn said:

Absolutely every possible bad thing has probably taken place at least once in the world. It's not a reason to refuse to call Chelsea Manning by her preferred gender.

Campbell's point is that she has the perfect right to live any way she wants but she didn't suddenly grow fallopian tubes because she said so.

No, I'm not and this still isn't about me. But my stance is with (some) feminists on this one, blind acceptance of self-declaration could lead to a diminuation of women's rights.

https://www.economist.com/open-future/2018/07/05/trans-rights-should-not-come-at-the-cost-of-womens-fragile-gains

You responded to my post screenshotting Wings repeatedly saying “trans women ARE men” by suggesting he didn’t say anything wrong so you think that trans women are delusional or malicious men. You then responded to welshbairn’s argument that men don’t pretend to be women to enter women’s spaces and you responded with three articles about trans women (from what I can see legally recognised) assaulting women suggesting that you think trans women are delusional or malicious men.

Just now, Baxter Parp said:

Campbell's point is that she has the perfect right to live any way she wants but she didn't suddenly grow fallopian tubes because she said so.

So if a woman's had a hysterectomy she isn't a woman anymore? 

5 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

You responded to my post screenshotting Wings repeatedly saying “trans women ARE men” by suggesting he didn’t say anything wrong so you think that trans women or delusional or malicious men. You then responded to welshbairn’s argument that men don’t pretend to be women to enter women’s spaces and you responded with three articles about trans women (from what I can see legally recognised) assaulting women suggesting that you think trans women are delusional or malicious men.

If you'll recall I put forward the view that not all transpeople are saints at no point did I say all transpeople are anything.  Sorry to bust your balloon.

You didn't bother to read the article.  Too uninflammatory, I guess.

Edited by Baxter Parp

If you'll recall I put forward the view that not all transpeople are saints at no point did I say all transpeople are anything.  Sorry to bust your balloon.
You didn't bother to read the article.  Too uninflammatory, I guess.

welshbairn didn’t say they were saints. You responded to a post where he specifically made the point that men generally don’t pretend to be women to access women’s spaces and you replied specifically with three articles about trans women.

Like I get its boring as f**k to go over the same point over and over but I don’t think you should be allowed to slip out of your manky insinuation.

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

welshbairn didn’t say they were saints. You responded to a post where he specifically made the point that men generally don’t pretend to be women to access women’s spaces and you replied specifically with three articles about trans women.

Like I get its boring as f**k to go over the same point over and over but I don’t think you should be allowed to slip out of your manky insinuation.

I am not insinuating anything you dull wit. I haven't made any blanket statements about transpeople whatsoever. I'm making the point that there can be issues with predatory behaviour in women's spaces.

The good news is that we've clearly solved all of the pressing social and political problems by now, hence why we can afford to fight such bizarrely fanatical culture wars over identity politics.