Hunted

The Minertaur

On 12/01/2018 at 19:14, Bert Raccoon said:

They'll still somehow escape.

They were captured within 3 minutes of the start of the episode sitting in the back of the car.

The daft old lady's plan was incredibly stupid. You shouldn't go on long journeys on public transport, but if determined buy tickets for multiple journeys and take your pick. Don't get on a bus and hope they haven't twigged you might be on it.

This has the potential to be a great show but seems so scripted it's unreal. They suddenly go from having no info on someone to knowing the exact location by figuring out 1 close family friend spoke to them 6 months ago so must be helping them. You do wonder what they have been told to do, the guy going home to his wife, understandable but stupid as f**k. The woman on public transport. The girls phoning a phone they know will be tapped. All idiots. I do think they have been told to give lists of all friends and family to the hunters and extensive background checks done before the show starts to make it look like the hunters are genius.

I reckon I could do it, f**k off somewhere remote then hitch a ride to the extraction point. With no social media though and not being a complete moron probably rules me out.

• 3 weeks later...

The two singers - the live stream aside - kept their heads down for 25 days and pretty much strolled to victory. Bob and Alex made a few mistakes along the way and got out of quite a few tough spots. Fair play to both of them for getting to the final extraction point. Alex would've taken it very badly if he'd been caught as it clearly meant a lot to him.

Agree some bits are scripted and a bit daft but it's a great show.

Edited by Kyle

On 10/02/2018 at 02:13, Gaz FFC said:

Haven't really bothered with this series of Hunted after really enjoying the 1st 2.

It's clearly rigged so someone wins (seems always 2 couples)  you can't very well have all the couples caught within the 1st week and no show can you.

This. I don't believe a bit of what happened this series. They have a drone overhead and are within feet of them and then they manage to disappear in a place that likely has one road in and out.

I watched the whole of the last series on catch-up and I still don't understand how it works. How do the contestants stay hidden when there's a sodding cameraman with them at every moment?

Also, the people in the control room fall into the same category as the Eggheads and the Chaser - actively trying to stop the contestants winning the money.  They go home with their wages no matter what happens but do they feel good at the end of the day having deprived some poor sod of a nice little bonus?

"Good day at work, dear?"
"Oh, wonderful! There was this lad with Asperger's  Syndrome in it with his dad. Was doing really well until we snaffled them half a mile from the pickup point. Might have traumatised him for life but it'll make great viewing."

(Yes, I know the Asperger's boy and his dad won it, and I was delighted for them, but if they had been caught I can just imagine the team leader going home and saying that to his wife.)

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

I watched the whole of the last series on catch-up and I still don't understand how it works. How do the contestants stay hidden when there's a sodding cameraman with them at every moment?

Also, the people in the control room fall into the same category as the Eggheads and the Chaser - actively trying to stop the contestants winning the money.  They go home with their wages no matter what happens but do they feel good at the end of the day having deprived some poor sod of a nice little bonus?

"Oh, wonderful! There was this lad with Asperger's  Syndrome in it with his dad. Was doing really well until we snaffled them half a mile from the pickup point. Might have traumatised him for life but it'll make great viewing."

(Yes, I know the Asperger's boy and his dad won it, and I was delighted for them, but if they had been caught I can just imagine the team leader going home and saying that to his wife.)

I've read the "chief's" autobiography. He's got an extremely high opinion of himself and came across as an arrogant c**t in it. Some good yarns though.

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

It would be a bit of a boring TV show, as would the Chase, if they just let the contestants win.

Having just started watching the first series of this they explained that the cameraman is "on the run" as well. Even though his picture isn't on the wall in HQ, he has no contact with anyone and doesn't tip off the hunters (allegedly).

I like the premise of the show but I can't help but think the "hunted" are told to make a call or try and contact someone, just to give the hunters a chance. For example, the GP in series one, goes rural then for some unexplained reason uses a f*cking phone box to contact his family on a number he well knows will be monitored, giving away his location!!!!