Hunted

The Minertaur

Just now, TheScarf said:

That was the the doctor wasn't it?  He was trolling the Hunters to f**k then just lost his mind and went on a train straight to Euston in the view of god knows how many CCTV camera.  Fair enough get on a train, but don't get off at the terminus you fucking imbecile.  Problem is, was the pick up site not down south somewhere? Some old airstrip or that? Or am I making that up?

Yeah, they had to go to an old airstrip at the end of the 28 days. A difference from the last series is that they all started from the same location rather than their own homes.  

If I was on the show I'd make sure any device used for planning was hidden/disposed of and I'd be deleting any social media profiles. I would have zero contact with family and friends and head up to the Highlands. I'd go around farms and offer to work there in exchange for food and shelter (moving on every 4 of 5 days). I would avoid using the money until it was time to go to the meeting point. I'd ask a stranger to withdraw the money and get them to buy a train ticket on my behalf then hitchhike to the meeting point. 

I remember they stuck a ransom on the Doctors head and had radio announcements out, still think he shat himself tho. If on a train don't go to the main terminal right in the heart of London, get off a few stops earlier and find a route thru.

Easiest way is piss off up the Highlands, find a few of the dodgy newsagents which are open alll hours to get any messages, and if you want do want company work off your meals etc with some farmer and his sheep. Buy a couple of different train and bus tickets  from different stations to make their job harder in tracking you down and then jump in a lorry. Far easier thinking it thru now tho than when you're shitting yourself thinking they are across the street watching you.

3 hours ago, Sooky said:

Yeah, in Surrey I think? So he would have had to have gone south at some point anyway.

Yep.  Which IMO makes a bit of a mockery of the show.  The real test for the Hunters would be if the contestants all had different extraction points all over the country.  Having everyone eventually converging on the one point surely makes it easier for the Hunters?

I recall last season people getting caught out for using ATM transactions. Surely the only sensible option is to take out all of your money right away? Then it's one less way they can find you in the next 28 days.

11 minutes ago, Sooky said:

I recall last season people getting caught out for using ATM transactions. Surely the only sensible option is to take out all of your money right away? Then it's one less way they can find you in the next 28 days.

You can only lift £500 per day, so depending on what your planning to do it may not be enough.

Did a guy not go for a pub lunch in the last series even though there were wanted posters up everywhere with his face on it?:lol:

15 minutes ago, GordonD said:

I haven't seen the show so maybe I'm misunderstanding something basic, but...

How can somebody keep a low profile when there's a camera crew following them around?

As far as I know, there's only one camera person for each 'fugitive' and they have to just follow them about without providing any assistance to either the hunters or the hunted. 

Longest I have done out in the highlands is 12 nights which involved nipping into Wee villages every third night or so for supplies. It really would be an absolute piece of piss.

If I could get to Crianlarich I could be anywhere from Oban to Fort William to Pitlochry on foot in 24 hours and from there Braemar to Knoydart in another 24.

Edited by invergowrie arab

15 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Longest I have done out in the highlands is 12 nights which involved nipping into Wee villages every third night or so for supplies. It really would be an absolute piece of piss.

If I could get to Crianlarich I could be anywhere from Oban to Fort William to Pitlochry on foot in 24 hours and from there Braemar to Knoydart in another 24.

i actually thought of crianlarich as well the other day when i posted about this, lots of hills and wooded areas, wee out the way place, no internet signal or anything (love staying up there in the Ben More lodges) and as you say by foot you can go in near enough any direction and lose all forms of civilisation no bother

The soldiers and the daft old couple were both far too confident and it was ultimately their downfall. The two girls are incredibly naive to think they could tell people what they're up to without anyone doing a Lee Wallace on them. Don't know what I'd do if two people came chipping my door asking for a lift because they're on the run. :lol:

Harrowing to see that Tayside is absolutely chock full of Lee Wallaces.

That ex-marine and his mate were just shite.  The 2 lassies could actually get quite far, they just have to trust that there's no more Lee Wallace types on their journey.

The part where they catch them seems a bit OTT.

The soldier told them to f**k off :lol:

Then the hunters actually had to let down the tyres on a car that didn't belong to a person taking part.

Can't it just be in the rules that if they find you and stand near you, then the game is up. Pretty pathetic you have to all but arrest them.

I assumed the whole point in the show was to prove that it's difficult to go on the run from the state and stay off the radar.

Also whilst I'm on my high horse you have to admire how they caught the old couple. All that technology at their disposal and in the end a simple phonecall from the public did the job.

37 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

What pisses me off is its all in UK so why does it say Perth, Scotland and not Blackpool, England. p***ks.

Also grassing for 250 is shite chat. i would do it for 2k though.

I'd have happily have handed over their two dead bodies for £2k to be honest.