Motherwell v Heart of Midlothian

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Mr Romanov said:

Will be disappointed if we don't finish second and have a good go in the cup.

Aberdeen and Rangers are poor.

Aberdeen will come good yet but I agree, Hearts should finish 2nd.

Thought we were fairly comfortable, Sammon was stinking and Chris Sutton may have noticed! Thought we were too pedestrian first half and despite our possession created little. Great save from Hamilton and a couple good goals from CP and Djoum. Thought the ref had a good game! Motherwell defended well at times and Mcfonald always looks a threat. Good win at a tough ground for us.

as for cream hibs :lol:

17 hours ago, Cream Cheese said:

Hearts will finish around the same position as St Johnstone this season.

Still miles above your tinpot wee outfit, in any case.

greggy.png

On 10/1/2016 at 08:47, capt_oats said:

Signed him on deadline day. Overall looked quite awkward and definitely still finding his feet at this level but has done bits and pieces quite well, won headers and put himself about but seems to be trying a bit too hard in front of goal, snatching at shots.

He had a decent game against Accies. Was his flick on for Moult's first, held the ball up well for the 2nd, was his shot saved that Moult volleyed in for the 3rd and he won the penalty for the 4th. Other games he's been largely ineffectual beyond winning a few headers but again we barely turned up against Thistle and really only got into the game now and again last night.

Always looked like he could step up a level or two when he played for Hereford in the conference. Talented guy. Hope he does well for you. 

Always looked like he could step up a level or two when he played for Hereford in the conference. Talented guy. Hope he does well for you. 

Yeah, it's a bit of a cliche but I think he could use a goal to settle him. I can see why we've gone for him as we haven't really had that sort of option up front for ages. Moult has been fantastic for us and will put in a shift but with the best will in the world he's not the sort of player whose game is holding the ball up and McDonald is much more effective playing as a second striker.

I don't really think he's being helped by us trying to work out a way to play him, Moult and McDonald either. Against Thistle both he and Moult seemed to be getting in each other's way a bit.

Having said that once it clicks he could be very useful, quite a few people have been commenting about how much we'll miss Marvin Johnson but it looks like in terms of creating chances we're switching our focus from the left hand side where Johnson played and are making more of the fact that Richard Tait seems to have an excellent delivery and have been looking to exploit the diagonal ball from deep on the right to the back post.

Given Bowman's 'presence' I could see him getting a bit of joy there. It took Moult 6 or 7 games to find his feet at this level so hopefully Bowman can also adapt.

Archived