Motherwell v Heart of Midlothian

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Utter, uninspiring guff and a thoroughly deserved defeat. Ridiculous tactics with Moult, our main goalscorer on the fucking LEFT wing??? And more awful, shoddy defending resulting in conceding goals, sadly this to,e against a side who were capable of punishing us.

Not even a beautiful strike from McFadden in stoppage time - which really was like the Faddy of old - can detract from how awful we were tonight, though no doubt the 'Faddy 1st, Motherwell 2nd MSC' will be going home happy tonight, but I won't be.

Poor performance from a poor side.

1 minute ago, MJC said:

Utter, uninspiring guff and a thoroughly deserved defeat. Ridiculous tactics with Moult, our main goalscorer on the fucking LEFT wing??? And more awful, shoddy defending resulting in conceding goals, sadly this to,e against a side who were capable of punishing us.

Not even a beautiful strike from McFadden in stoppage time - which really was like the Faddy of old - can detract from how awful we were tonight, though no doubt the 'Faddy 1st, Motherwell 2nd MSC' will be going home happy tonight, but I won't be.

Cheer up, Rangers might win tomorrow. :)

2 minutes ago, MJC said:

Get it (right) up you, you Sevco-loving snake. greggy.png

^^Superfan

^^Posts snidey comments but can't really find fault in anything I've said...cos he knows it's all true.

The bit where you tediously have a pop at other Motherwell fans is utter shite.
You are a cowardly wee troll who sets up accounts to act the c**t on the internet. I'll keep an eye out for your other alter ego on the Rangers thread tomorrow, have a good one.

Anyway.
We need to see Samson dropped ,for his own good as much ad anything. You can't have your own fans sarcastically cheering when you pick the ball up.
Cadden going off lost us our engine and out ball and his replacement wasn't fit so bizarre again from McGhee.

Fully expect knicker wetting par excellence for the usual suspects after tonight but this is my take.

Tonight we were playing a team that was bigger, stronger, taller and faster than us all over the park.  We weren't at our best tonight but for the most part we competed reasonably well, although losing our best and most important player this season, early in the match made things hard for us.  To go in at the break 0-1 down was hard on us.  We'd had most of the best chances in the match and although Hearts had a lot of ball I was never very concerned by their possession except when they were counter attacking with us high up the pitch.  With us behind the ball I felt we looked comfortable and just as, if not more, likely to score ourselves.  The deflected goal was a big blow at a bad time.

Second half Hearts took two chances very well.  Samson was poor tonight but if anyone thinks Brill or anyone else would have got close to any of Hearts three goals they are kidding themselves.  In the end that little bit of extra quality Hearts have over us proved the difference.

Overall if a few things in the game had gone differently we might well have won that game and peoples perspectives of the game would be completely different but I think up to 2-0 we were in the game.  After that we are chasing it and we have to play open and that plays into Hearts hands to a certain extent. 

We didn't play brilliantly by any means but for me the result was worse than the performance.

Cadden going off was huge for us, and I felt that Ainsworth should've came on at that point. Letting Moult have a free role didn't really work, Bowman looks like a donkey. Was impressed again by Clay, who was probably our best player tbh. I also felt that we looked horrendously disorganised when Lasley went off.

Cracking goal from Faddy.

First half was pretty even with Motherwell having the best chance and forcing a phenomenal save from Hamilton. If that goes in its a different game so we were lucky to go in 1 up in that sense.  

Motherwell had a good start to the second too but we rode it out pretty comfortably then Paterson comes up with an absolute worldy.  Genuinely a fucking great strike. After that it was easy street. Watt was phenomenal and deserved a goal. Hats off to Djoum for a lovely caressed strike too. 

Great win going into the international break. 

A frustrating night.

In the 1st half, Motherwell seemed to be in control of the game and if we go in at half time 0-0, the game was for the taking. I think it was Lasley who tried to play the ball out rather than hoof it up the park, which led to the goal. But Chrissy Cadden going off was a big loss. I'll reserve judgement on Lucas atm but he was miles off the pace.

Paterson's goal was a great hit and the third sealed it. Hearts are a big, strong team who just plug away. Although Tony Watt impressed me. He works that hard tracking back that he is never in a goal scoring position.

And McFadden's free kick was a peach. Shame it was too late.

Lucas for Cadden was the wrong sub, IMO. It left us with absolutely no pace in the side and the front three just didnt work.

Samson, of course had no chances with the goals, but his overall "presence" causes alarm in the defence and the stands. Needs replaced pronto.

The first goal was very fortunate for Hearts and for me they were a bit lucky to go in one up.

Motherwell got themselves back into the game early in the second half and had a few half chances. However, the second goal killed it. Fair play to Paterson, it was a beauty. I was in the Cooper and seen it in all the way. Great finish by Djoum for the third as well.

Very professional, and thoroughly deserved, victory for Hearts in the end. I was very impressed with Tony Watt's performance tonight. He's had a lot of stick over the last couple of years, particularly regarding his attitude, but I thought he was excellent. If he continues like that, he'll be a big player for Hearts this season.

Thought we were reasonably in the game. Gave away another cheap goal for Hearts first. In fact their 3 goals were off the back of us not being able to clear our lines effectively.

Created a fair number of chances, Hamilton makes a massive save at 0-0. Always felt Hearts looked dangerous on the break but we seem desperate to hand teams the first goal in games, which is annoying. If Lasley puts his laces through that ball and gets us up the park then chances are we go in 0-0.

Outrageous strike from Paterson tbf.

What I'd like to add is Paterson will get plaudits,  and rightly so as it was a fucking ridiculous strike but Hamilton's save was just as big a turning point in that game.  He's been excellent this season.

The fact it took a nick off the defender on the way through made it all the more impressive. I thought he looked very good in general tonight.

Archived