Wasps Vs Diamonds

Thought it was a clear as day foul before Airdrie's second goal but still some finish from the boy. We lacked that killer instinct upfront today just didn't seem to be quick or lethal enough when we got into the positions. Airdrie defended very well. Thought Taggart played very well today after a hard few weeks. I agree with the previous post about Jammer. Just doesn't seem to suit Alloa & it clearly isn't working for him. He needs to be the main man - he doesn't do well coming into a face paced game. He can never get to grips with it. Also a shame that this looks like it could be JR's last game after all, bonkers.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Evil Jim Fenner said:

As an aside to the football, very impressed with the set up at Alloa. Nice wee stadium, club shop and bar in ground, decent and excellent priced snack bar, every single advertising board used up etc. Seems a well run wee outfit.

They'll never have Elton John at the Recs though.

Just watched the highlights. Have to say that ball from Brown is better the second time I watched it, played right in between the keeper and the defence.

Conroys goal too, Boateng with a brilliant header to start the move. Hopefully that gives him the confidence to do that in his own box.

We've looked a bit dodgy defending against crosses lately; hope whoever's in charge can get that sorted out quickly. Lovely strike for the second goal, though, and I'd imagine the Airdrie fans were a bit upset by the manner of Greig's goal, looking at it again. It doesn't get much more straightforward to defend against than that.

Despite knowing what was going to happen, I still caught myself muttering "for f**k's sake" again when watching the opener  :lol:

I'd imagine the Airdrie fans were a bit upset by the manner of Greig's goal, looking at it again. It doesn't get much more straightforward to defend against than that.

Despite knowing what was going to happen, I still caught myself muttering "for f**k's sake" again when watching the opener [emoji38]

A clean sheet would have been excellent but to lose a goal like that was really annoying. That's the kind of goals we've been losing all season, simple mistakes. We were just lucky that there was only one on Saturday.

Browns ball in reminded me of Bales cross Vs NI, just far enough from both defence and keeper so no one knew what to do.

No I am not comparing Brown to Bale, just as to where the cross ended up.

Archived