Apprentice 2016

Karpaty

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

This is so, so difficult - design a game in a day!  They spend years developing these games.

Right. It's like the advertising thing. Really difficult, really specialized, which makes it all the more ludicrous when Sugar blows his tits when they inevitably f**k it up.

(Go Lions)

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I was in their position I'd push for a shooter or a horror. In one day it's an almost impossible task but I'd be pushing for a Wild West Shoot 'em Up. Going into saloons and shooting everything in sight.

Either that or something along the lines of Heroin Hero:-

584094c611667_ImageUploadedByPieBovril14

They've obviously thought that computer games are for under 10s, when they are for adults.  I was into computer games 20 years ago and this would've been a backward view then.  Now it's prehistoric and really patronising to the people they are trying ot sell to.

Magic Shells has a smidgen of potential as a game for bairns but the Badger game, what a load of utter fucking shite.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Karren being needlessly rude there.

So what's new. It's what she does. I can just about cope with Claude but he's no Nick Hewer and was better as an interviewer. Karren is dreadful though. They should just offer Margaret whatever it takes to get her back and bin the Brady.

On 24/11/2016 at 23:16, Skyline Drifter said:

No they haven't. There's at least two this series stormed off without a goodbye already. Karthik last week went straight out the door. There was one earlier in the series too though I can't remember who. I do remember the wife and I commenting on the fact they hadn't waited though.

And there's Dylan tonight beatles straight out the door without waiting either. At least Sofian waited.

On 24/11/2016 at 23:14, Skyline Drifter said:

Personally I thought the Aquarium was a much better venue.

Trishna did ok, certainly the best of her team which was otherwise completely car crash. I think Alannah had another quietly effective week though and Grainne did as ok as Trishna did. It's ironic actually that though all the early indications are that the boys team was much better than the girls team we've got to this stage with only three boys left and none of them look remotely like a winner. Sofian is a lucky boy to still be in it whilst Dylan has done nothing at all yet to suggest he's anything other than a decent team player who focuses on his artistic side. He hasn't remotely got any leadership in him. Neither does Courtney. Paul was the best of the boys left in business terms but he's also a simmering boiling pot just waiting to explode at any minute and his management tonight and bullying tactics were an hour long suicide note. Actually trying to shout down Sugar in the Boardroom was hilarious but also an act akin to the Japanese rite of hari-kiri!

Jessica is sailing very close to the wind too. Not only has she in past weeks more than once just blatantly lied in tasks plus she bursts into tears any time something goes wrong but as unclear as Paul was about the hot food, she DID completely cock up the sales and pretty much everything else she touched this week.

Frances isn't remotely as bad as her win - loss record implies but her sucking up to Paul on Day one this week had me worried she was actually going to kiss him in the taxi! I think the criticism of her in trying to dress mutton as lamb for the food was harsh though. As much an error as it was, she was trying to dig them out of a hole created by others (Edited to add - that was posted before I saw Claude say the same on You're Fired)

I'm enjoying the series for entertainment but it's a laughably bad gene pool for candidates. There have been other series where none of this lot would have reached the last eight. Probably almost every other series actually. The fact that quietly effective people like Alannah and Trishna are the best they have to offer underlines that. I'm astonished he hasn't sacked more than one in more weeks.

Apologies for quoting myself but that's another week that just reinforces everything I said there. Sofian did what he's done the whole series. He had to go and it's little short of a miracle he got this far. Dylan was a little harshly treated tonight (as bad as he was he has generally contributed well) but he was never ever a winner and was just coasting as a "helper" not leader. Courtney is exactly the same and there's little doubt he'd have been away if his team had lost. As I said above, considering the boys were the better team comfortably early on it is ironic they are now down to 1 and even he's just hiding.

Grainne went backwards a little tonight. Jessica went forwards a bit but Trishna probably still looks the best candidate ahead of Alana and Frances. Still, it will all depend on what the actual plans are once they reach the semi final.

This is so poor.

Hopefully they actually put smart folk in it next time. I'd take a whole load of ugly boring squares with zero personality but good ideas/brains over the up themselves numpties that the show now has everytime.

The show would be good regardless of a candidates personality. The set up is there, it's a decent one with some good tasks.

Get some younger smarter folk on who are needing a big break. The idea of that sounds incredibly appealing.

Those two pitches were toe-curlingly bad. I'm glad Sofian was finally punted, Alanna has has a really tough job in the last couple of weeks trying to reign in Dylan's nonsense.

I like that Courtney moping about looking suicidal in a daft costume is becoming a weekly feature. :lol:

Frances is the irritating, smug,two faced, over enthusiastic about everyone's idea, backstabbing little sh*t that annoys the life out of me.

Judging by the people Ive worked with over the years, she'll go a long way.

Lets hope not.

Jessica on the other hand.........

I'm a bit worried about Courtney.  He reminds me of teenage poet suicide Thomas Chatterton.

Courtney's business plan may well be as follows....

"A dreary stillness broods o’er all the vale,

The clouded Moon emits a feeble glare;

Joyless I seek the darkling hill and dale,

Where’er I wander Sorrow still is there."

Archived