Queens vs. Morton; 15th October (1st v 6th)

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, KingQuerrey said:

Parallels of 2011 when we were top of the league and unbeaten and were pumped 5-0 off Thistle.

edit: just checked and we weren't unbeaten actually. 

Didn't QOS hump us 5-0 that season as well?

No great surprise today scoreline morr then I predicted but we were missing far to many experienced players and any we had left of the pitch had an off day.

Never mind move on and pray some of he injured are back next week at Ayr.

Still sitting well level top.

Just now, SUPERSOUTH said:

No great surprise today scoreline morr then I predicted but we were missing far to many experienced players and any we had left of the pitch had an off day.

Morton were missing a good number of players as well.

1 minute ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

They were at least as depleted as us, probably moreso.

No excuse for a result like that.

28 minutes ago, Parkgatequeens said:

I've waited all my life to see Queens play in the top division. When Dobbie signed and the promise of another two big signings, I really believed we might get to the play-offs. With the injuries mounting and the addition of another injury prone player added to the squad, it's no wonder a lot of us are scunnered at today's result. I can't understand why we haven't attempted to get some players in on emergency loan, it's madness we are sitting top of the League. I'm sick as a flipping parrot!

Correction...you WERE sitting top of the league.

I've waited all my life to see Queens play in the top division. When Dobbie signed and the promise of another two big signings, I really believed we might get to the play-offs. With the injuries mounting and the addition of another injury prone player added to the squad, it's no wonder a lot of us are scunnered at today's result. I can't understand why we haven't attempted to get some players in on emergency loan, it's madness we are sitting top of the League. I'm sick as a flipping parrot!

You'll never play in the top flight, because the likes of The Famous will always be there to put you back in your box.

You're welcome.

1476548237203.jpg.6d3e8a37420c657e7bae76

As I said earlier, this 'missing players' line isn't washing with me at all. Lyle has clearly been a miss for us but today he wouldn't have changed the outcome. Would he really have done anything spectacular before 6 minutes? Because after that goal it was all Morton and Lyle wouldn't have had a sniff.

The biggest loss today was Jacobs by an absolute mile. That is one I'm willing to concede but I don't think the outcome would have varied today even with him here unless he was in in place of Millar. Pickard may only be "good cover" but he has been far better than Millar. The only time Millar put a foot in today was to boot a boy and be rightly booked.

I don't care what anyone says, we had more than enough in that starting 11 to win today or at the very least avoid an absolute trouncing. We were beaten because Morton were far hungrier and played some excellent football. I can't recall the last time we were so easily turned over at Palmerston by a team in our division (maybe The Rangers game, but we were down to 10 men for the majority of the game). Well played Morton.

As for us, yet another game without a goal. Starting Dobbie up front would probably give us a fighting chance of a goal and my team next week would feature Hamill replacing the waste of a wage in the middle and have Hooper in at RB. Doubtful though.

On another note, I'd like to see the highlights if the Morton RB's challenge on Marshall. Thought it was an horrendous challenge at the time and a red card all day. Having said that I thought Brownlie punched Quitongo in the first half when they were on the deck so it'd be swings and roundabouts if it was a red card challenge.

8 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Morton were missing a good number of players as well.

Yes not denying that, but just shows we havnt got a great squad a very good 11-14 but after that we are struggling.

Hopefully some of the injured players get back for next week, it won't be Del or Carmichael but hope Jacobs and Higgy reappear need a couple of leaders on the park. When we lost the first goal today we were the team in top but after that we collapsed the rest of first half and game was lost instead of trying to go in at halftime 1-0 down.

Never mind the run was due to go as long as the manager and staff can lift the team for next week and we get a reaction.

18 minutes ago, FlyerTon said:

They won 0-4 at Cappielow in Feb 2011.  The next two games, Morton won 1-4 at Queens then Queens won 1-4 at Cappielow.

The game I have in mind was @ Palmerston..the commentator on Open all Mics was one Sandra Brown..'The Shrieker'.....maybe she just loves Dumfries!

Im struggling to think of a worse performance from a Queens team than today. No pass marks for anyone out there. 

We made a bang average Morton side look like world beaters. Far too many basic mistakes, far too slow on and off the ball - to lose two goals from short corners when only one player went out to the ball is totally unacceptable.  The back four were awful but the problems started in midfield. Millar and Pickard were never in the game and playing a centre forward on the left wing finally caught up with us - the first 3 goals all come from the exact same area down the left.

As dissapointing as this result is, though, we've finished the first quarter second in the league and with Lyle, Jacobs and Carmichael all to come into the team at some point we'll be stronger for the rest of the season. Also, you'd have to think (pray!) that we cant play that badly again for a long time

Im struggling to think of a worse performance from a Queens team than today. No pass marks for anyone out there. 

We made a bang average Morton side look like world beaters. Far too many basic mistakes, far too slow on and off the ball - to lose two goals from short corners when only one player went out to the ball is totally unacceptable.  The back four were awful but the problems started in midfield. Millar and Pickard were never in the game and playing a centre forward on the left wing finally caught up with us - the first 3 goals all come from the exact same area down the left.

As dissapointing as this result is, though, we've finished the first quarter second in the league and with Lyle, Jacobs and Carmichael all to come into the team at some point we'll be stronger for the rest of the season. Also, you'd have to think (pray!) that we cant play that badly again for a long time

"Bang average Morton side" :lol:

As if you'd know - your rabble didn't get a kick of the ball today. Enjoying those salty, salty tears of yours though.

site_1_rand_351667782_alex_salmond_porridge_aap_101013_b.jpg?itok=qR1e8Ckl&mtime=1378023376

Archived