I need a new watch

Fullerene

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Fullerene said:

I seem to have misplaced my old watch and need to get a new one.

Here are some that I saw.  Any advice?

Watch 112.jpg

Watch 131.jpg

You need one of these and then you will have a better selection to pick from at a far better price

brick.png

36 minutes ago, Wren Road said:

100k watch, fucking hell.

2kg of gold 60k
30k in a santander 123 account
10k in a high risk stocks and shares isa.

Or something that will get scratched that you don't have the worry with of my casio posted earlier. Maybe It's just me but jewellery of that price is obscene

A top quality Rolex is a good investment, as they hold their value.

Watches are the only item of jewelry that I would wear (hippy leather wrist thong thing apart).

I own about seven or eight watches but these three are my favourites.

Tag Huer 2000 series, a wee present to myself many years ago after landing a job that I really wanted.

Seiko Kinetic pepsi bezel divers, gorgeous watch for everyday wear.

Zeppelin Chronograph LZ127, Christmas present from wife great vintage styling.

index.jpg

seiko.jpg

99940647_v_1423926572.jpg

A top quality Rolex is a good investment, as they hold their value.

This bad boy certainly was. Cost me 20eu from a cool looking dude on the beach on holiday this summer. Definitely holding its value. And it hasn't missed a beat yet.

IMG_1475594784.817189.jpg.e33d13d82cdcd3

2 hours ago, alta-pete said:

This bad boy certainly was. Cost me 20eu from a cool looking dude on the beach on holiday this summer. Definitely holding its value. And it hasn't missed a beat yet.

IMG_1475594784.817189.jpg

That's an embarrassment.

7 hours ago, Wren Road said:

Or something that will get scratched that you don't have the worry with of my casio posted earlier. Maybe It's just me but jewellery of that price is obscene

I think you're missing the point. If you can spunk 100 bags on a watch, you're not really likely to worry too much about scratching it.

The best VFM watches come from Yorkshire.  FACT! http://www.timefactors.com/  He buys Swiss movements and gets cases made for him in Germany then gets someone else to assemble them.

I've had two of the chap's timepieces for about a decade and they are brilliant, unless you're a label whore.  My first was a battery-powered divers watch which I bought when we lived in Aberdeenshire and I've just had the battery replaced, new seals installed and had it pressure-tested.  I cleaned it and gave it to my son who loves it:

pr1.JPG

The second is a hand-wound 'dress' watch which I wear most days.  OK it can be a pain sometimes if I forget to wind it but it does have a display back so if I am bored on the train I can watch the wheels go round:

pr2.JPG

Archived