Nicola Sturgeon

Airdrieonian

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Cream Cheese said:

Some hardline Unionists? At least 52% of the British electorate.

If that's a reference to the people who voted to leave the EU, then it's wrong. It was 52% of those who actually voted. The percentage of the total electorate who voted to leave was only around 37%. Not even the 40% minimum that they demanded in the 1979 Devolution referendum.

If that's a reference to the people who voted to leave the EU, then it's wrong. It was 52% of those who actually voted. The percentage of the total electorate who voted to leave was only around 37%. Not even the 40% minimum that they demanded in the 1979 Devolution referendum.

Not to mention that some Scottish nationalists also voted to leave.

I can think of at least a couple here and there were a few others who swithered before voting Remain.

50 minutes ago, GordonD said:

And that referendum wasn't rigged at all...

aaa.png

5 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Not to mention that some Scottish nationalists also voted to leave.

I can think of at least a couple here and there were a few others who swithered before voting Remain.

Some Scottish Nationalists voted to leave the EU. Plenty of nawbags voted to remain within the EU.

Some Scottish Nationalists voted to leave the EU. Plenty of nawbags voted to remain within the EU.

A vote to remain within the U.K. & the EU at least seems consistent.
Yes voters criticising EU leave voters (for wanting to 'take back control') doesn't so much.

1 minute ago, RedRob72 said:

Yes voters criticising EU leave voters (for wanting to 'take back control') doesn't so much.

It's that fact that every argument made by a NO voting EU leaving supporter in Scotland is completely redundant. They completely contradict themselves. Using the same arguments to back up their support for leaving the EU as they argued against during the Scottish referendum. Complete muppets.

Which suggests that at the very least all the Yes voters on PnB are rabid and bitter, if not being representative of a large portion of those elsewhere.

Nice twist but I didn't suggest that all P&B Yes voters are rabid, bitter Nationalists at all. I think I added many topics on here make for an interesting read. I wouldn't bother if it was all one way traffic.

It's that fact that every argument made by a NO voting EU leaving supporter in Scotland is completely redundant. They completely contradict themselves. Using the same arguments to back up their support for leaving the EU as they argued against during the Scottish referendum. Complete muppets.

That's my point, isn't it more or less the the same in reverse?

Just now, RedRob72 said:

Nice twist but I didn't suggest that all P&B Yes voters are rabid, bitter Nationalists at all. I think I added many topics on here make for an interesting read. I wouldn't bother if it was all one way traffic.

Twist? You suggested that if people read PnB then they would think that Scots were "rabid, bitter nationalists", and that you felt the need to post here to counter that.

So if by the above you didn't mean that PnB Yes voters were rabid and bitter, can you please explain why you wrote what you did?

12 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Considering the EU has nothing the control over member nations that the UK does, it's not quite so surprising as UK nationalists who cannot even stomach a parliament outside the UK having *any* influence on the UK demanding that Westminster comprehensively rules all the nations of the UK from London.

10 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

That's my point, isn't it more or less the the same in reverse?

Well no. Because the vast majority of YES voters in Scotland will argue that they knew brexit was coming and that Scotland would have no clear route back into the EU as a member state of the UK.

In fact, it was stated many times during the Scottish Referendum, but fell on deaf ears.

Twist? You suggested that if people read PnB then they would think that Scots were "rabid, bitter nationalists", and that you felt the need to post here to counter that.

So if by the above you didn't mean that PnB Yes voters were rabid and bitter, can you please explain why you wrote what you did?

There's numerous contributions on here that someone looking in from the outside would consider most bitter I believe. That's not to say it applies to all P&B Yes voters by any means.

Well no. Because the vast majority of YES voters in Scotland will argue that they knew brexit was coming and that Scotland would have no clear route back into the EU as a member state of the UK.

In fact, it was stated many times during the Scottish Referendum, but fell on deaf ears.

Perhaps because (despite what you claim) most people never believed in a month of Sunday's that the Brexit campaign would prevail.

2 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Perhaps because (despite what you claim) most people never believed in a month of Sunday's that the Brexit campaign would prevail.

Because unlike Indy, there really are no good arguments for leaving the EU. It really is the stupidest fucking thing ever and light years away from Independence, but it serves yoons to make the comparison, as unjustifiable as it may be.

40 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

There's numerous contributions on here that someone looking in from the outside would consider most bitter I believe. That's not to say it applies to all P&B Yes voters by any means.

Contributions that would lead an observer to think that all Scots were rabid and bitter?

That was, after all, your earlier contention, which you now seem to be trying to retreat from.

21 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Because unlike Indy, there really are no good arguments for leaving the EU. It really is the stupidest fucking thing ever and light years away from Independence, but it serves yoons to make the comparison, as unjustifiable as it may be.

That is just patently nonsense.

Contributions that would lead an observer to think that all Scots were rabid and bitter?

That was, after all, your earlier contention, which you now seem to be trying to retreat from.

Despite what you read on P&B and Everything you read on P&B are two very different things.

I'm not trying to retreat from anything, there is plenty of bile posted on here, but it's usually the same posters, i.e not everyone. Your interpretation of my contention is incorrect.

Archived