Nintendo Switch

bunglebonce

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Metroid Prime Remastered comes out tomorrow for those of us who held off. I very nearly bought it on the eshop a few times but I wanted a physical copy, which I pre-ordered.

The original game was unbelievably class and this seems to be too. Wish they'd released all Prime games 3 together, but they know dafties like me will buy them all separately anyway.

On 02/03/2023 at 16:50, Zanetti said:

Metroid Prime Remastered comes out tomorrow for those of us who held off. I very nearly bought it on the eshop a few times but I wanted a physical copy, which I pre-ordered.

The original game was unbelievably class and this seems to be too. Wish they'd released all Prime games 3 together, but they know dafties like me will buy them all separately anyway.

Would normally have snapped this up but played all the original Primes in last year or 2. Would rather they got Prime 4 out, well overdue.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 08/04/2023 at 12:20, Venti said:

Anyone playing through BOTW before the game drops?

I'm pretty much always playing through a Zelda game at any given time, at the minute it's Wind Waker.

Cannot wait for TOTK though. 

4 joy cons with drift. All different colours so avoiding sending to nintendo as they are known to ship back greys to get back log down, so I bought a kit and 4 thumbsticks. 

Left joycon takes 15 mins max. Right joycon took an hour (have only done two) the connection ribbon for the ZR button on the right stick is hilariously short. 

Anyone else attempted self repair? 

Work like magic now but the fear of the right joycon is putting me off doing the other pair at the moment. 

Now to wait on the new screen for the wiiu and that can be my next fiddly repair 

On 08/04/2023 at 21:20, Venti said:

Anyone playing through BOTW before the game drops?

My son (8) and I (49) have been counting down the days to TOTK. Seriously considering taking the Friday off work and school to play it. 

18 minutes ago, Swarley said:

My son (8) and I (49) have been counting down the days to TOTK. Seriously considering taking the Friday off work and school to play it. 

I was in my wife's office on St Enoch Square yesterday.  It looks out onto the back of the St Enoch Center and the huge electronic billboard they have.  Every few adverts it changed to one for Zelda, proclaiming in big letters "4 DAYS TO GO!"

I was buzzing for it before.......

On 06/05/2023 at 16:25, weirdcal said:

4 joy cons with drift. All different colours so avoiding sending to nintendo as they are known to ship back greys to get back log down, so I bought a kit and 4 thumbsticks. 

Left joycon takes 15 mins max. Right joycon took an hour (have only done two) the connection ribbon for the ZR button on the right stick is hilariously short. 

Anyone else attempted self repair? 

Work like magic now but the fear of the right joycon is putting me off doing the other pair at the moment. 

Now to wait on the new screen for the wiiu and that can be my next fiddly repair 

My left one had drift so I bought a kit off Amazon for about £10 and it worked a treat. There are a few YouTube videos that walk you through it. 

I was nervous the whole time incase i ruined it, though. 

2 hours ago, Internet Citizen said:

My left one had drift so I bought a kit off Amazon for about £10 and it worked a treat. There are a few YouTube videos that walk you through it. 

I was nervous the whole time incase i ruined it, though. 

Aye it was an amazon kit I got, 2/4 replacements don't work. 

Be glad it's not the right joycon as that's woeful, the shoulder button ribbon is about a quarter of the length of the left joy con (space for the IR and NFC bits) 

I have also damaged the plastic surround where the battery cables connect to the motherboard on one. That took a wee while to get back together and connected. 

Ordered another two sticks and am looking at aliexpress and the likes for the battery as apparently amazon doesn't ship batteries to my location. 

Special edition console looks cool AF.

https://store.nintendo.co.uk/en/nintendo-switch-oled-model-the-legend-of-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom-edition-000000000010009867

Think I'll finish my BOTW playthrough before starting TOTK.

Finding loads that I missed in BOTW 1st time around.

Managed to get to that shrine near the Forgotten Temple that's at the end of a gauntlet with loads of guardians.

1 minute ago, Venti said:

Special edition console looks cool AF.

https://store.nintendo.co.uk/en/nintendo-switch-oled-model-the-legend-of-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom-edition-000000000010009867

Think I'll finish my BOTW playthrough before starting TOTK.

Finding loads that I missed in BOTW 1st time around.

Managed to get to that shrine near the Forgotten Temple that's at the end of a gauntlet with loads of guardians.

They've confirmed that TOTK is going to have proper dungeons, which was my biggest gripe with BOTW.

Unbelievably excited about this news especially.

7 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

They've confirmed that TOTK is going to have proper dungeons, which was my biggest gripe with BOTW.

Unbelievably excited about this news especially.

Aye. Fair play they tried something different with shrines, but can't beat the dungeons.

Water Temple from OOT was a personal favourite.

13 minutes ago, Venti said:

Aye. Fair play they tried something different with shrines, but can't beat the dungeons.

Water Temple from OOT was a personal favourite.

OoT has some classics, I love the Shadow Temple as well but Skyward Sword has some phenomenal ones too - Ancient Cistern might be my favourite they've made so far.

3 hours ago, Zanetti said:

OoT has some classics, I love the Shadow Temple as well but Skyward Sword has some phenomenal ones too - Ancient Cistern might be my favourite they've made so far.

A link to the past is still my fav zelda game lol, even on the snes mini its a joy to play