Steve Bruce, literary giant

Cheers KB... That was a hoot. I never knew Steve Bruce was such a literary heavyweight. 

“An Englishman’s home is his castle. That applies to other nations too”

Although I'd actually heard that quote before bizarrely. Can't wait to get to work to read reviews of the other two boxes in the trilogy. 

8 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Football Weekly have been featuring this over the past couple of weeks now.

There was a vague suggestion from James Richardson on it this week that all may not be as it seems in terms of the identity of the author, but legal issues prevented further discussion.  My interest has very much been piqued by that.

"Yes, Steve, the world is full of foreigners. I’d go out on a limb and say it’s one of planet’s defining characteristics. Well, watch out Earth, because Barnes is coming to you! That’s right, the cover was not entirely misleading, we do eventually get to see our hero touch down in what he calls “the South American country of Brazil”.

Read more: http://thesetpieces.com/features/defender-steve-bruce-review/#ixzz4NjiICm6E

I've been giggling at this all afternoon.

5 hours ago, ArabGaz said:

Yeah, heard that as well. The passage they read when 'Steve Barnes' was describing his watch was very, very funny.

My favourite bit about the whole thing so far has been Bruce Barnes sussing out the terrorists were not Irish but were in fact Israeli, by asking one of them who their favourite footballer was and getting "Eyal Berkovic" as a response.

Edited by Gaz

8 hours ago, Forfinn said:

There was a vague suggestion from James Richardson on it this week that all may not be as it seems in terms of the identity of the author, but legal issues prevented further discussion.  My interest has very much been piqued by that.

Alex Bruce has just been on Radio 5 essentially confirming it was all penned by a ghostwriter and that, to paraphrase "dad never wrote a word of it".  So it would appear Steve just took the 'credit' for some anonymous author's toils.  That or he did write it and he's now trying to pretend it was nothing to do with him.

Aye I was just going to post that as well. The game's a bogey.

Don't think I've been so gutted about anything since I found out that Isla Fisher used a body double for The Wedding Crashers.

14 hours ago, Gaz said:

Aye I was just going to post that as well. The game's a bogey.

Don't think I've been so gutted about anything since I found out that Isla Fisher used a body double for The Wedding Crashers.

Why in the name of all that's good and holy would you want to put your name to that?

Never seen the Wedding Crashers but might have to watch it now. 

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Why in the name of all that's good and holy would you want to put your name to that?

Never seen the Wedding Crashers but might have to watch it now. 

It's pretty crap in all honesty, but there's a scene in which Isla Fisher gets her kit off. I've always had a thing for her, but then I found out that she used a body double so it wasn't really her :(

On ‎22‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 12:19, Gaz said:

It's pretty crap in all honesty, but there's a scene in which Isla Fisher gets her kit off. I've always had a thing for her, but then I found out that she used a body double so it wasn't really her :(

Who did they use? Hugh Grant?