Petty Things You Do To Get On People's Nerves

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hate adverts and whenever they come on I will flick over to Sky Sports News or BBC News, or anything but watch an advert.

I often forget to change the channel back and end up missing parts of programs the other half is watching,

I am threatened with violence on a regular basis when I move towards the sky remote,

and possibly rightly so.

6 minutes ago, throbber said:

I'm good at not letting on when annoyed.

Women staring at you from a window, people who block a lift with their feet and don't speak to you in the lift, your in laws staying.

Three things off the top of my head.

Women staring at you from a window, people who block a lift with their feet and don't speak to you in the lift, your in laws staying.

Three things off the top of my head.

The woman staring at me isn't something that gets on my nerves it is genuinely unsettling, I had another nightmare about it last night.

I was having the in laws round and also my parents and sister for my birthday last month and this sister knows completely how to annoy me and what gets on my nerves more than anyone else. When I have people round I like having the tv on, especially if it's sport as i like being able to talk about it if the conversation ever runs dry. It was during the Murray v Del Potro Davis cup match which was exciting viewing and we were all aware of what was going on in the tennis but still enjoying each other's company and the conversation was flowing and the sound was off. After the match finished, as disappointing as it was there was still another match to follow and it was still pleasant having the spectacle and highlights on the tv she decided as she is closest to the remote control that she will take it upon herself to put the fucking tv off. I was so furious by this as it was my house and my birthday yet she knew how annoyed I would be by this but did it regardless knowing I couldn't really say anything. Still raging about it tbh.

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

The woman staring at me isn't something that gets on my nerves it is genuinely unsettling, I had another nightmare about it last night.

I can fully understand that to be honest, she looks a right weirdo.

I can fully understand that to be honest, she looks a right weirdo.

Blinds were due last week but not arrived yet so I just sit in darkness. I have a reoccurring nightmare I open up the curtains and she's right at my window.

I was so furious by this as it was my house and my birthday yet she knew how annoyed I would be by this but did it regardless knowing I couldn't really say anything. Still raging about it tbh.

Genuine question, why couldn't you say anything to someone annoying you in your own house?

Genuine question, why couldn't you say anything to someone annoying you in your own house?

My girlfriends dad and his wife were there as were my parents so I didn't want to go falling out with anyone. She knew I wouldn't bite and that's why she put it off which greatly annoyed me.

Me and my girlfriend are 25-odd episodes into the Wire, and every single time I've asked her if she wants to watch another episode of it - when she agrees I say "Okay, let's get wired into it". She didn't even laugh the first time I said it, so now that I've said it 20+ times, it's really starting to piss her off. (She got me back during every single episode of Season 2 by pointing out that Frank Sobotka wasn't a Polish name). 

2 minutes ago, MikeandSheila said:

I call Weetabix "Wheetabix".

Seething emoji23.png

I add & drop me "aitches" all over the place, she goes daft & refuses to answer me nowadays. Anyone else watch "Omes Hunder the Ammer"? Worth the TV licence just for that!

Ghrimbo

Archived