Survivor Series 2016

JamieStevenson

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

:lol:

Should have been expected TBH. Goldberg couldn't hold a match for 5 minites 15 years ago. He was never going to be able to do it all this tine later.

Yeah, no one thought it would be a 45 minute epic. I would have bet my mortgage on the man being squashed being Goldberg though. 

It's great to be honest as it probably signifies the end of Lesnar as the force he was and could lead to a new angle where the beast is suffering a crisis of confidence, but by f**k how weak does it make the likes of Orton, Reigns, Rollins, Ambrose etc look when they all get their arses handed to them by the guy and a 50 year old who hasn't wrestled in a dozen years pumps him in under 90 seconds?! :lol:

I don't get why people are getting upset about this. Fair enough it shits on Lesnar beating the streak slightly, but it was either this or the same old, same old. I think it's refreshing that they've went down something other than the boring laboured route that happens in every Lesnar match.

It's made me want to tune into Raw tonight to see the fallout from this - Something I'd not normally be interested in.

Just now, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Looking back, that spear out of mid air was quality, just a shame it killed Shane. Reigns impressed the sooner he can turn heel the better.

I'm just catching up atm (been watching all the PPVs since 2000 since I stopped watching in 06 lol) and the biggest pop I've saw Reigns get in the past year so far is when he goes fucking mental after losing TLC to Sheamus and destroys Sheamus, Triple H and everything else in sight. Contrast when he's obviously raging and smashing everything in sight with earlier on when he's grinning at the crowd and shouting "TLC, baby!!" and it's night and day.

See how you get the over the hill legends who look like they aren't legitimate anymore yet are still booked to be? Clearly only there for one last pay packet and don't give a f**k about their appearance?

Goldberg is the antithesis of this. 50 years old or not, he still looks every inch the megastar he was. Apart from the grey beard he barely looks like he's aged a year since his heyday.

42 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Here's the bump.

Hide contents

Horrible.  It happened quite quickly live, and the camera switches right when he hits so it wasn't immediately clear that it was so bad.  But was clear there was something really wrong.  Shoulder was never really down as far as I can tell - another camera cut - and the look on his face as he's lieing there is pretty scary.  Props to Randy Orton though - there's screenshots showing him whilst "recovering" over talking to a very upset looking Shane's son.  Good move from him.  Hopefully he's alright - have they said anything at all about it?

46 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

See how you get the over the hill legends who look like they aren't legitimate anymore yet are still booked to be? Clearly only there for one last pay packet and don't give a f**k about their appearance?

Goldberg is the antithesis of this. 50 years old or not, he still looks every inch the megastar he was. Apart from the grey beard he barely looks like he's aged a year since his heyday.

That's a good point.  I wasn't really watching when he was in his peak, but have obviously seen bits and pieces on the network.  There's not really the same decline you see in some.  Just goes to show that they can get these guys back, and as long as they don't push them into doing things they're not capable of doing, they'll get great results.  If they'd gone the usual formula and had Lesnar toss him around the ring for ten minutes, he'd probably have looked his age.  As it was, he still looks like he can go.

7 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Yeah, no one thought it would be a 45 minute epic. I would have bet my mortgage on the man being squashed being Goldberg though. 

It's great to be honest as it probably signifies the end of Lesnar as the force he was and could lead to a new angle where the beast is suffering a crisis of confidence, but by f**k how weak does it make the likes of Orton, Reigns, Rollins, Ambrose etc look when they all get their arses handed to them by the guy and a 50 year old who hasn't wrestled in a dozen years pumps him in under 90 seconds?! :lol:

Its another of their moments where they could either knock it out the park or completely f**k up everything.  If Goldberg now leaves and they act like it didn't really happen, then they've shat on the streak mainly, but also everyone who Lesnar has absolutely dominated.  But for me it could mean the most interesting Brock Lesnar we've seen in a long, long time. 

I'd read an interview with Goldberg a few months back where he'd said he was still doing the same training regime he was as a full-time wrestler, probably the difference maker compared to other guys. 

I'm sure there was an interview with Goldberg where he said if he could start over he'd have got into MMA instead as he fancied his chances at something like that. He was realistic enough to know that he was too old to start but did get involved in some of the training for it and done bits and pieces of commentary.

He's a legit bad ass. He gets a bit of a bad rep just because he's not the best wrestler in the world but like Brock he's a powerful fucker. Just need to look at other people his age - Taker for instance - can't imagine him having the strength to lift someone the size of Brock into a jackhammer.

52 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I'd read an interview with Goldberg a few months back where he'd said he was still doing the same training regime he was as a full-time wrestler, probably the difference maker compared to other guys. 

Think another part of his look still being so good is the fact that he's almost certainly always been naturally built rather than juicing.

Most of the big name wrestlers in their 50's (some not even as old as that) characteristically have the droopy old 'roid pecs that have almost become tits and the abs that have morphed into a muscly yet protruding fat belly. Look at guys like Steiner, Angle, Lesnar, even HHH. They all have it.

Then look at Goldberg last night, almost completely lean muscle rather than old man still trying to look pumped up. Chest and torso muscle still where they should be. This is a guy who has clearly not abused his body in the same way as many of these other older guys and it really did show.

Think another part of his look still being so good is the fact that he's almost certainly always been naturally built rather than juicing.

Most of the big name wrestlers in their 50's (some not even as old as that) characteristically have the droopy old 'roid pecs that have almost become tits and the abs that have morphed into a muscly yet protruding fat belly. Look at guys like Steiner, Angle, Lesnar, even HHH. They all have it.

Then look at Goldberg last night, almost completely lean muscle rather than old man still trying to look pumped up. Chest and torso muscle still where they should be. This is a guy who has clearly not abused his body in the same way as many of these other older guys and it really did show.

Kane strikes me as having that massive belly. I wonder if it's just a case of him letting himself go as his body shape has taken a slow protruding decline and despite the stomach his arms are probably bigger than they have been in the past 7-8 year.

I for one am disgusted that the main event was so short. I mean, it was a guy who is just about to turn 50, hasn't wrestled an actual match in 12 years, and could barely go 5 minutes at his peak - how can he not give us a 60 minute 5 star performance!!!!!!!!11111111!!!!

is the type of seething pish I've been laughing at all day. When you look at it, I actually think it's been booked brilliantly. Everyone expected a squash, but not that way. Even the way it was delivered, with Lesnar turning his back before the first spear allows for the "Not taking it seriously, caught by surprise"-type excuse from Brock/Heyman - it's not like Goldberg destroyed him in a Lesnar-type decimation, he hit him with 2 spears and a Jackhammer out of nowhere. I don't think it actually hurts the credibility of the guys Lesnar destroyed - it can be filed under the "puncher's chance" style win, while allowing Lesnar to go down a different route as mentioned by a few others.

Actually really enjoyed the rest of the show too - if you take the Raw/Smackdown significance out and look at the matches on their own, they were pretty much all really enjoyable. The only one I couldn't really get into was the Cruiserweights, and as I've mentioned before, I'm not a fan of Baron Corbin. The Tag Teams match was surprisingly good considering just how much better the Raw team was on paper. 

The Shane bump was horrendous - looked like he was just KTFO rather than hurting a shoulder. Hopefully he's OK.

Archived