Albion Rovers vs Queen of the South; Scottish Cup 3rd Round; 26th November

RUSTY1111

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How will Queens prepare for their game with Celtic? That's what they should be considering, ignoring the inconvenience of a preliminary visit to Coatbridge.

That's a good question. We're so confident we don't even need a manager. I think we might drop our keeper too and play an attacking 3-3-5 formation.

I think we'll progress into the next round to face Celtic but won't be too surprised if it goes to a replay. Irrespective of events behind the scenes at Palmerston the players themselves should be taking some responsibility for poor performances of late. Several of them have dropped their standards considerably during the past few weeks and it's time they took a long hard look at themselves and restored some pride to themselves and the team.

Totally agree with above players have failed to perform for several weeks with very very few exceptions. They had loads to play for - protecting their top 4 status for one thing - and frankly to capitulate the way that they have is pretty pathetic.

It is natural that we are talking about the potential Celtic game but it is no more than a potential tie - most Queens fans are under no illusions about how tough tonight's game will be. I think we are no better than 50:50 to progress.

I think I get what you mean but I'm going to presume you've phrased that really badly. For avoidance of doubt none of the Board are paid out of the club, quite the opposite in fact. If what you meant is that a bigger bank balance saves them worrying about maybe having to put their hands in their pockets to fund continuing operations at the same level then yes that's probably true. That's still a good thing for fans though and the extra money is bound to filter into the playing budget.

Personally I'd rather have made some progress through the tournament before running into Celtic but if we are fortunate enough to get to the next round then it's an attractive tie, albeit one that will create a great deal of work for me and others at the club.

A multi quote indeed....

Very surprised by Cammy's comments - there are so many drab ties that we could get - any game against another Championship team for starters and you throw in horrors like Inverness, Ross County, St Johnstone Dundee, away.

Surely Celtic at home has to be a great draw?

I think it is hard enough for BOD to keep a club like us running on FT basis and getting unexpected potential bonuses like this surely has to be a positive?

Definitely. Let's hope Queens progress.

22 minutes ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

Is there an alternative route avoiding the M74 nearer the road works?

I suppose you could exit at Motherwell. Perhaps someone who lives locally could help Mustafa? You ought to be on your way, though.

Archived