Albion Rovers vs Queen of the South; Scottish Cup 3rd Round; 26th November

RUSTY1111

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As with us last week you must have injuries and Darren Youngs been watering pitch ..... See all the cheek dealt out last week has come back and bit you in the ass boy :whistle:whistle

There is a difference when it's the only game in Scotland called off and at the same time you have 6 first team players missing opposed to alot of games get called off and you arnt missing 6 players

A strange part of me wouldn't be too fussed about losing this now.

We've already been unceremoniously pumped out of one of the cups by one half of the bigot brothers so the prospect of the other half doing the same doesn't really feel like a reward for progressing.

People will talk about the financial rewards, but it's not like the fans benefit from it, just the already considerably wealthy board members. It's certainly not why I'm into football.

If the winners played Elgin at home then progressing would be much more important.

12 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

We've already been unceremoniously pumped out of one of the cups by one half of the bigot brothers so the prospect of the other half doing the same doesn't really feel like a reward for progressing.

People will talk about the financial rewards, but it's not like the fans benefit from it, just the already considerably wealthy board members. It's certainly not why I'm into football.

If the winners played Elgin at home then progressing would be much more important.

Are you saying that your directors take money out of the club?

47 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

A slightly strange reference to "already considerably wealthy board members", but I get where you're coming from.

The draw does mean certain elimination if we get that far.  I also agree that although a financial boost is healthy in the longer term, it's not an end in itself and some fans treat it that way.

I'm quite looking forward to the tie, should it materialise though.  Any novelty once attached to playing Rangers, is now well and truly gone.  There is some involved in playing Celtic, although we'll no doubt get treated to some similar rubbish to that brought by their sister club.

1 hour ago, palmy_cammy said:

I get your point about no doubt getting pumped and I would prefer a game against a lower league team at this stage, but surely the money generated from games like these with a likely full house and tv appearance make a big difference when it comes to signing a Dobbie as opposed to a Tam Brighton..... this must be seen as slightly beneficial for the fans!

I am in no way overly confident that we'll progress now btw - going out tomorrow would be a very Queens thing to do!

Wonder if the Players will be on a bonus to progress thru tomorow nights tie, maybe a nice wee extra with Xmas round the corner.

If the players need financial incentive to win the tie tomorrow then I'd rather they were nowhere near the club.

Would be surprised if there was a pitch inspection needed let alone the game be off. Hasn't been frosty In coatbridge since Thursday and has been a lot more mild all weekend

At the moment it is a relativly mild 5 degrees and that's a hell of alot warmer than the -5 the same time last week

Very surprised by Cammy's comments - there are so many drab ties that we could get - any game against another Championship team for starters and you throw in horrors like Inverness, Ross County, St Johnstone Dundee, away.

Surely Celtic at home has to be a great draw?

I think it is hard enough for BOD to keep a club like us running on FT basis and getting unexpected potential bonuses like this surely has to be a positive?

Well I'm nightshift tonight so I won't able to make it unfortunately. From a motivational point of view I'm guessing Darren's team talk was taken care of with last nights draw, hopefully our tactics on the night will be spot on and we'll get through.

Hope there's a good turn out and everyone enjoys the match

2 hours ago, RUSTY1111 said:

Should be. They cannot change the prices. A tenner for adults and two quid for concessions.

Of course they could change prices if they wanted to (subject to our agreement). Cannot see why they would, but they could.

Look Rusty, a multiquote:

11 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

I think I get what you mean but I'm going to presume you've phrased that really badly. For avoidance of doubt none of the Board are paid out of the club, quite the opposite in fact. If what you meant is that a bigger bank balance saves them worrying about maybe having to put their hands in their pockets to fund continuing operations at the same level then yes that's probably true. That's still a good thing for fans though and the extra money is bound to filter into the playing budget.

Personally I'd rather have made some progress through the tournament before running into Celtic but if we are fortunate enough to get to the next round then it's an attractive tie, albeit one that will create a great deal of work for me and others at the club.

Archived