Albion Rovers vs Queen of the South; Scottish Cup 3rd Round; 26th November

RUSTY1111

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm probably equidistant from Cliftonhill on the other side of Glasgow and the ground has been brick hard all day.

The frost has never lifted and freezing fog is descending again 

Fair enough I suppose. I'm certainly not having a pop at the decision, just shocked that it's been decided so early.

52 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Wow!

How bad a state is Cliftonhill that it's called off this early?! It's obviously going to freeze overnight but I thought an inspection would have been done late morning tomorrow.

It has been pretty much freezing constantly since Sunday to be fair. There is only one day this week I havent had to defrost the car for ages in the morning. They dont have their own covers and there is no chance Palmerston would have been playable tomorrow with grass and no covers either. They have borrowed covers but it needs to actually thaw first for them to put them down. 

St Mirren is off already too and its one of the best pitches in the country.

4 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

If it's called off again on Tues night when is the next available date?

I think that it would be next Saturday and the Dumbarton game would be bumped. But thats only based on the fact that thats whats happened with the Beith v Morton game - Beith, I believe dont have floodlights

16 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

If it's called off again on Tues night when is the next available date?

10 minutes ago, Mr X said:

I think that it would be next Saturday and the Dumbarton game would be bumped. But thats only based on the fact that thats whats happened with the Beith v Morton game - Beith, I believe dont have floodlights

We will cross that bridge on Tuesday if it proves necessary in consultation with Rovers and the SFA. You are allowed two Saturdays in 3rd round but I am not sure you still get the chance for Saturday if you already had two gos. If Dumbarton's game is off tomorrow (& it has a 9:30 inspection) then they go again next Saturday so our game next week would be off anyway. 

Scottish Cup takes priority over rearranged league games though so St Mirren game may end up getting bumped. It may also do of course if St Mirren have their cup tie with Spartans still hanging.

3 hours ago, Mr X said:

Having gone midweek you can't then go back to the subsequent Saturday.

If it's off on Tuesday it'd be the following Monday (rules allow for Tuesday if mutually agreed but that'd be unlikely as any replay would be Wednesday). That said presumably sense would prevail if you were both otherwise free i.e. Livingston + Dumbarton suffer postponements or draw tomorrow. EDIT: Assuming Airdrie-Livi wouldn't replay midweek.

7 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

If it's off on Tuesday it would be the following Monday (rules allow for Tuesday if mutually agreed but that'd be unlikely as any replay would be Wednesday). That said presumably sense would prevail if you were both otherwise free i.e. Livingston and Dumbarton suffer postponements or draw tomorrow.

That first rule just seems daft

Wouldnt Livingstons replay or re-arrangement be for midweek rather than next Saturday?

Only if Airdrie and Livi have mutually agreed to decline their right to a second attempt on the subsequent Saturday.

EDIT: I see your point about not being allowed to try on the intervening midweek then on Saturday being daft. However if you think about it (1) you might try on the Wednesday, suffer a postponement or draw, then someone else has a league game cancelled at only 3 days notice; plus (2) you could be like Clyde and Arbroath, not make the second attempt till the following midweek, suffer a postponement or draw, then you're on a different Saturday entirely. 

Rules are pretty simply... up to and including R3 second attempts at a tie (i.e. after 1 postponement; or a draw) are the subsequent Saturday. However, clubs can mutually agree to decline that and go straight to either of the two midweeks immediately following the first attempt (i.e. either side of the subsequent Saturday).

If the tie is still unresolved after the second attempt (i.e. after 2 postponements; or a draw & 1 postponement) then all further attempts must be made midweek, twice per midweek, on Mondays+Wednesdays. However, clubs can mutually agree on Tuesday instead of Monday.

From R4 onward the subsequent Saturday is removed - second attempts must be midweek.

There are no variations/exemptions for non-leaguers, venues without floodlights or ties involving long distances.

Put another way - we've already seen the 3 options available occur:

Beith v Morton
Attempt #1 - Saturday 26th November
Attempt #2 - Saturday 3rd December
Attempt #3 - Monday 5th December
Attempt #4 - Wednesday 7th December
etc.

Albion Rovers v QotS
Attempt #2 - Tuesday 29th November
Attempt #3 - Monday 5th December
Attempt #4 - Wednesday 7th December
etc.

Clyde v Arbroath
Attempt #2 - Tuesday 6th December
Attempt #3 - Monday 12th December
Attempt #4 - Wednesday 14th December
etc.

Incidentally, who can tell what happens with Queen's Park v Montrose, given SFA permitted the first attempt to be made midweek.

11 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

If it's off on Tuesday it'd be the following Monday (rules allow for Tuesday if mutually agreed but that'd be unlikely as any replay would be Wednesday). That said presumably sense would prevail if you were both otherwise free i.e. Livingston + Dumbarton suffer postponements or draw tomorrow. EDIT: Assuming Airdrie-Livi wouldn't replay midweek.

Airdrie v Livi replay date is midweek. Tuesday 6th.

At least the Bonnyrigg Rose vs Dumbarton game is ON this afternoon. So unless this ends in a draw, the Queens vs. Dumbarton league game will be ON next weekend, just as long as the Albion Rovers vs Queens match is concluded on Tuesday night.

At least the Bonnyrigg Rose vs Dumbarton game is ON. So unless this ends in a draw, the Queens vs. Dumbarton league game will be ON next weekend, as long as the Albion Rovers vs Queens match is concluded on Tuesday night.

According to HJ post just above yours, any further attempts at this game will be midweek.

Archived