Albion Rovers vs Queen of the South; Scottish Cup 3rd Round; 26th November

RUSTY1111

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's due to be a development league game played at Cliftonhill tomorrow night. If that goes ahead then Tuesday will be fine unless there is an almighty overnight freeze.

God knows what state the pitch will be in though, two games in two days

Could Rovers give up home advantage for the development match?

Not sure of the rules. They are playing Ayr United whose first team are away on Tuesday night at Brechin so Somerset Park should be lying empty.

Alternatively I don't see why it couldn't be played at Airdrie. There is never any policing or stewarding at the games so from that point of view there wouldn't need to be any arrangements.

But as I say I'm not sure how the rules work. Plus it's a bit short notice.

I get the feeling the U20's could postponed

Not sure of the rules. They are playing Ayr United whose first team are away on Tuesday night at Brechin so Somerset Park should be lying empty.

Alternatively I don't see why it couldn't be played at Airdrie. There is never any policing or stewarding at the games so from that point of view there wouldn't need to be any arrangements.

You can't use Airdrie on Monday as St Johnstone play their home development league games there, and have a fixture on Monday.

ETA: and Partick Thistle have it on Tuesday at 2, with Motherwell there at 6.

You can't use Airdrie on Monday as St Johnstone play their home development league games there, and have a fixture on Monday.

ETA: and Partick Thistle have it on Tuesday at 2, with Motherwell there at 6.

Ach well, looks like Coronation Street and Eastenders then

Totally off-topic, but why do St Johnstone play their home U20 games at Airdrie?!

Most players will be based centrally, and most teams are from that way as well, so it makes sense. It's also because they want to protect the pitch at mcdiarmid (they still tend to play their early season and again towards the summer).

They also use Forfar on occasion.

Most players will be based centrally, and most teams are from that way as well, so it makes sense. It's also because they want to protect the pitch at mcdiarmid (they still tend to play their early season and again towards the summer).

They also use Forfar on occasion.

Makes sense, I suppose. The Excelsior stadium OC must be making a nice wee wedge given that four senior teams are using it regularly.

Back on to the OP, I'm very interested to see how AR get on here. They look a very well-organised unit when we played them a few weeks back, and they deservedly came away with 3 points. If Queens were to go through, it'd be a decent test for us to measure how well our side would do in the Championship.

2 hours ago, sam2304 said:

Imagine it will also be because of cost of hiring excelsior, even Airdrie 20's don't play there. 

13 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Not according to BBC forecast it`s not. Above zero all night Monday into Tuesday plus dizzy heights of 6C Tuesday daytime. Surely the game will be on.

Tropical Coatbridge.

There can still be a ground frost when the air temperature is above zero. 

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/learning/frost/types-of-frost

Probably will still be ok, though. Might be better for us if it is off.

16 hours ago, sam2304 said:

Do you know where from?

Motherwell. The club are doing everything they can to get the game ahead tomorrow. Development match tonight has been called off... fingers crossed but the ground is still quite hard oot my back - which is less than a mile from CH. 

Tee. 

Archived