The Pars vs The Rovers part Deux: The quickening

Is it just me, or did we lose the original thread that was started yesyterday?

Anyway, the Pars have been on a horrendous run of late, while the Rovers have picked up 7 points from 9 in the last three despite two shocking performances in there. Add to that we are missing Bobby Barr - consistently our best player since the season started, as well as a recognised right back. Perhaps more seriously, the clocks have gone back which, as hardened watchers fo the championship will be aware, is the starting flag for the Rovers annual winter collapse.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, P.C said:

Kudos for referencing one of the worst sequels ever made. I predict a shit fest and a minky goal to settle it.

You look like a woman, you stupid haggis. 

Locke could play himself in goals, put Roary in midfield and Val McDermid with Gordon Brown up front and still win comfortably. 

A repeat of the earlier 2-0 win for us. Dunfermline with a lot of possession, probably the more threatening team then capitulate as we get a goal out of nothing and we run out comfortable winners. On the other hand, clocks have went back and all that, we might do our usual and shite ourselves at EEP. 

Looking forward to this one. Expecting the Rovers to go through there and win for a change. Would like to see someone else up front alongside Stewart as McManus has been shite recently. 

I predict Stewart to score first and 1-3

'Mon the Rovers

1 hour ago, renton said:

Add to that we are missing Bobby Barr - consistently our best player since the season started, as well as a recognised right back.

Will swap unrecognised right back for our recognised right back. 

I just can't see our Keystone Cops defence not making a couple of horrendous blunders. 

2-1 or 3-1 to Rovers.  

4 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

We will have to play a shit ton better than last weekend to get a result here.  We were utterly shit going forward, albeit we are looking relatively decent at the back these days.

Being good at the back and stopping the opposition from scoring is only one part of a defender's game. Against Queens we were utterly hopeless at building from the back and involving the midfield. That's the main reason why McManus had his worst game for us, chasing hopeless high balls from Bene and co. Hope to god we've learned from that.

Said the same on the last thread but surely anything but a win here would be disappointing, 12 points behind us and pars have won twice in the league against the teams lower than them and conceded 3 in both those games.

Can see this being an eye-bleeding game of football. I kind of expect to lose but it's based on performances rather than results of late. We also often seem to bottle it at East End. 

Will we be given a cash gate closer to the day or do I have to get a ticket?

Just went to buy tickets for this, and apparently the office closes at 4pm. What good is that if you work, fairly standard working hours.
As for the match itself, I agree that I think the Pars will have more possession etc. but I think we'll win relatively comfortable, 2-0 away win.

5 minutes ago, Paco said:

Can see this being an eye-bleeding game of football. I kind of expect to lose but it's based on performances rather than results of late. We also often seem to bottle it at East End. 

Will we be given a cash gate closer to the day or do I have to get a ticket?

As far as I know you'll be able to get tickets on the day at the wee kiosk but no doubt PC Plod will claim that's not the case at all and you must buy your ticket three weeks in advance from a one-armed Hungarian on Lewis with a passport and three other photo IDs.

Fearing the worst - which is Raith to he absolutely bobbins and play like a bunch of guys struggling in the juniors but still run out comfortable winners followed by Johnson doing his usual cut and paste job in his post match interview.

Hopefully there will be a big improvement on Saturday's Horror Show at Stark's, worst game I have seen in decades.       Having got that out of our system would hope for a Rovers 2 goal victory. Dunfermline are hitting a sticky patch, just hope it continues until BEYOND Saturday.............;)

Hopefully there will be a big improvement on Saturday's Horror Show at Stark's, worst game I have seen in decades.       Having got that out of our system would hope for a Rovers 2 goal victory. Dunfermline are hitting a sticky patch, just hope it continues until Saturday.............[emoji6]

Until Sunday would be preferable to be honest..

Archived