The Pars vs The Rovers part Deux: The quickening

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, CALDERON said:

There certainly aren't any photos of us drawing at east end park up at the Novar. Fail.

Mmm, it's been a while but I'm 99% sure I saw a photo of the Raith player in amongst the fans at East End after the late equaliser (was it Walker? He always liked to play against us) with the caption underneath saying it was from Dunfermline 2, The Rovers 2. 

12 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Mmm, it's been a while but I'm 99% sure I saw a photo of the Raith player in amongst the fans at East End after the late equaliser (was it Walker? He always liked to play against us) with the caption underneath saying it was from Dunfermline 2, The Rovers 2. 

I'm pretty certain that is a photo of Damien Casalinuovo celebrating his winner against Dunfermline.

The 2-2 draw was a good game much better than a lot of wins we have had against you in recent years for a couple of reasons. The best reason being that the townies keep banging on about how big they are because we rather enjoyed getting a draw that game. Aye lads, yer massive, we understand. 

37 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Best part of that draw was actually bongo drum man. 

He was sitting a couple of rows behind me up the back at the left hand side.

Didn't someone say later on that he was actually a Hibbi who was at a loose end that day?

Not sure, he was at the Scottish Cup tie vs Alloa the following week too. 

Absolutely bizarre scenes.  Weirdest thing I've seen at the football.  Wasnt as if he was playing them all day, just started at about 70 minutes. 

To be honest the 2-2 is probably my favourite derby, ahead of the many victories. You can get a standard 2-0 win any time. Coming from 2-0 down to nab a draw in injury time doesn't happen often in any match, let alone a top-of-the-table derby. I happened to be out in Dunfermline that night and the place was a war zone. The locals certainly did not enjoy it.

I remember being vaguely relieved when we spurned a very late half chance to win the game as I was still exhausted from celebrating the equaliser.

PS another favourite memory is wildly celebrating Casalinuovo's injury-time equaliser against Ayr. Maybe we are a wee team.

9 minutes ago, Paco said:

PS another favourite memory is wildly celebrating Casalinuovo's injury-time equaliser against Ayr. Maybe we are a wee team.

This. 

It's all about circumstance isn't it? Before the Ayr game, we wouldn't have been particularly happy with a draw, but the celebrations after Casa's goal was unbelievable.  

Walker's equaliser was one of the best bounce abouts I've had at a football game only surpassed by the opening goal against Dundee in the Scottish Cup. There's a cracking video of that on Youtube from someone up the back of the stand and it was just bedlam. Still one of the best away supports to be in amongst that day, 3000 of us I believe.

Anyhoo, back to this game. Stewart out is a blow especially as he was finding a bit of form. Barr as well is a pity but we knew he'd be out anyway. Vaughan and McManus up top then? Think we've still got enough about us to get a win. We'll probably need to rely on Dunfermline continuing to be pish mind you and not do anything stupid like raise their game with the wee team being in town.

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

How many points behind us are they?

In all seriousness, Pars fans, did you think you'd be this bad?

Just as well for you that we are handicapped with injuries.

Despite him bagging us 30 goals from open play, I don't think folk realised how reliant we were on El Bakhtaoui (if that's how you spell it, I'm out of practice). We didn't need to worry too much about having a midfield as all it would take would be for a defender or midfielder to slip a simple pass to him from a loose ball and he'd rip though teams. We re-signed a lot of players who should have been thanked for their services and let go. We should still be able to field a decent 11 but there seems to be a lack of ideas on how to come up with a formation to suit the available players, so with that in mind I'm not banking on us miraculously improving. 

We've not even beaten the part timers (Ayr and Dumbarton) in recent games. Anyway, I tipped us for 9th so anything higher would be very welcome. 

What was the game when Rovers went haywire at half time? Dougie Hill? grabbing Falkingham by the neck.

Did Simmons get sent off in that game too?

Allan Walker got sent off right at half time then it came over the tannoy just before the end of half time that Dougie Hill had been shown the red in the tunnel as well. The photo of him with falkingham is hilarious :lol:

If I remember right, you won that game 2-0, 0-0 at H/T

Oh aye, and Crawford fucking Allan was the ref!

Archived