The Pars vs The Rovers part Deux: The quickening

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heard to see how the wee team are in the position they are as they are pretty grim based on what I saw yeaterday and the QOS TV game a good defence I suppose the big no5 plays a no nonsense solid game. Pars were really unlucky and results will turn for us soon 

Heard to see how the wee team are in the position they are as they are pretty grim based on what I saw yeaterday and the QOS TV game a good defence I suppose the big no5 plays a no nonsense solid game. Pars were really unlucky and results will turn for us soon 

We've been hit quite significantly by the fact Bobby Barr got injured and we persist in playing Ross Matthews on the other wing. The week before when we had Barr we went to Falkirk and put four past them. Johnston unfortunately didn't look as convincing on Saturday. On the right I feel we need to try alternatives. Given we've got Roberts, Coustrain and, from the looks of things, Robbie Crawford available surely we can try them instead.

Said to my mate at the game, I'd have loved it had we kept the likes of Connolly and Hardie during the summer for games like that. Their creativity, awareness and finishing was different class. With the latter, I think we should make enquiries in January as he's absolutely wasted at St Mirren (incidentally, you could say the same of Craigen who appears to be struggling at Falkirk).

27 minutes ago, fly boy said:

Pars were not in the slightest bit unlucky.  There's no luck involved in great defending and awful finishing. 

Results may well turn for Dunfermline, but based on Saturday then its easy to see why they are where they are.

I would imagine will be comfortable mid table at worst this season, and if we get Barr and Thomson back soon ish and have a bit more luck with injuries then a play off spot is certainly achievable, maybe even likely. 

Big M'Voto always makes me feel uneasy - but I dont know why, as he isnt putting a foot wrong at all now.  Very impressed with him and Benedictus. 

Thats 3 clean sheets from 4 now, which is to be applauded. 

Saturday was very frustrating as although they were improved, I still feel Dunfermline were there to be got at.  There are obvious problems in their defense, that we really could have done more to exploit.  On the few occasions that we did get the ball down I thought we looked good.  Certainly agree with those that say the Matthews out wide right thing doesent really work, certainly not when Davidson is having to play right back.  Means a total lack of attacking threat from that side.  No coincidence that we looked much more threatening once Johnston moved to the right hand side.  Certainly think Vaughn was worth a shot with 30 mins to go.  Not been that impressed by Mcmanus of late.  I would have thrown Coustrain on for Johnston to keep it more like for like, but doesent look like he is in the managers immediate plans right now.  Hope to see him in action at some point, as he looked sharp pre season and has done well by all accounts in the development league.

Still, its a good point in context and keeps a wee unbeaten run going now.  After Morton away was quite concerned about the 4 games approaching, so to take 8 from 12 from then is good going.  Big chance now really with Dumbarton, Ayr and Morton our next 3 games.  7 from 9 from that and we would be looking pretty good doing into some tough games at the festive time.

49 minutes ago, fly boy said:

More excuses from the Dunfermline Debt Dodgers for why they are where they are. 

He's seen Raith no more than twice but comes up with this, "hard to see....";)

:lol:  Cute!!

Think it's more to do with a fairly poor standard of league outwith the top two, Falkirk have tailed of drastically, makes it all the more frustrating that we are where we are, what a dreadful season. Morton and Falkirk will get the playoffs most likely.

We should've really been 10 points or so better off and even in the last two games we probably should've won both.

Unlucky with injuries, terrible team selection and tactics/subs have cost us big time.

If we had started the season with the side that played on sat we would be mid table. Hopefully it's not too late.

At the end of the season, you always look back at specific games and think "what if..", especially when you're just a few points off the title/survival/playoff spots etc.

We've had 10 of 'those' games already.

Archived