What is the most obscure derby you know

In a recent thread, a St Johnstone supporter indicated that for him the big rivalry was not St Johnstone versus Dundee or Dundee United (i.e. a Tayside Derby) but St Johnstone versus Kilmarnock.
I suggested this was the "Whisky Derby" - even if Johnny Walker has not been in Kilmarnock for ages.
Everybody knows about the Old Firm Derby, the Edinburgh Derby, the Dundee Derby and even the Highland Derby - but these are too obvious.

For Inverness Caledonian Thistle, as well as the Highland Derby, there is the Inverness Derby ICT vs Clachnacuddin, the A9 Derby (ICT vs St Johnstone), the A82 Derby (ICT versus Partick Thistle ), the City of the North Derby (ICT vs Aberdeen) and the Roman Derby (Caledonian versus Hibernian - even if this has not happened much recently).

However I imagine these are all pretty tame compared to some other derbies you might think of.

Is Wick Academy versus Stranraer a derby?
.. or Brora Rangers versus Annan Athletic?

Any suggestions?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the A-League there is the Distance Derby when Perth Glory and Wellington Phoenix meet. Apart from the distance (5,255 km/3,265 miles) there is also a 5 hour time difference at this time of year.

In a recent thread, a St Johnstone supporter indicated that for him the big rivalry was not St Johnstone versus Dundee or Dundee United (i.e. a Tayside Derby) but St Johnstone versus Kilmarnock.

1 minute ago, Eednud said:

In the A-League there is the Distance Derby when Perth Glory and Wellington Phoenix meet. Apart from the distance (5,255 km/3,265 miles) there is also a 5 hour time difference at this time of year.

I went to this fixture in Christchurch a few years ago. The standard was awful. 

9 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

:thumsup2

:lol:

38 minutes ago, Dr Watson said:

If we're going by clubs joined by the same road, Morton v PSG, Morton v Real Madrid or Morton v Seville. Take your pick. :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_route_E05

If you are going start to end it would be Morton vs Algeciras CF who are in the fourth tier of Spanish Football

Also this might be the daftest thing I've ever seen

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_route_E16

3 hours ago, Dr Watson said:

If we're going by clubs joined by the same road, Morton v PSG, Morton v Real Madrid or Morton v Seville. Take your pick. :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_route_E05

That's mad. My mum's best mate moved from Greenock to Conil de la Frontera, in the province of Cadiz.

Archived