The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

8 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

He'll chuck it after a month when he runs out of presidential decrees and has to answer questions like where are the money trees growing.

I see Mexico are telling him to do one, wonder if he'll notice in between rimming sessions from May.

A civil servant pissed off at his pay being frozen will leak his tax records showing how much he's in debt to foreign banks.

Not sure how much good a trade war and building a wall will do for US manufacturing jobs. Output's been booming while jobs have been declining, 85% due to automation. Costs $25 an hour for a welder, $8 for a robot. The USA exports $212 billion of goods to Mexico, $246 billion to Canada. I expect a serious domestic backlash, also from consumers when prices start rising in Walmart.

b11be0ce-b7ed-11e6-ba85-95d1533d9a62?sou

https://www.ft.com/content/dec677c0-b7e6-11e6-ba85-95d1533d9a62

That's incredible. The State Department is one of the great achievements of the Obama administration. All of the Executive Orders so far have impinged on its remit, and now Trump is setting them in open revolt against Homeland Security.

Impeachment by July, I reckon.

26 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

That's incredible. The State Department is one of the great achievements of the Obama administration. All of the Executive Orders so far have impinged on its remit, and now Trump is setting them in open revolt against Homeland Security.

Impeachment by July, I reckon.

Department of the Interior staff have been rebelling too, and the new Secretary of Defence has already told him he's wrong on torture and reopening black sites. He'll be opposed by Republican congressmen over free trade, paying for the wall, massive infrastructure spending and many other things. And if he gets impeached and sacked, the Republicans will have Mike Pence, a loyal Republican and willing to do what he's told. I'll go for March 2018. Time for a horrendous foreign fuckup.

Edited by welshbairn

44 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Not sure how much good a trade war and building a wall will do for US manufacturing jobs. Output's been booming while jobs have been declining, 85% due to automation. Costs $25 an hour for a welder, $8 for a robot. The USA exports $212 billion of goods to Mexico, $246 billion to Canada. I expect a serious domestic backlash, also from consumers when prices start rising in Walmart.

b11be0ce-b7ed-11e6-ba85-95d1533d9a62?sou

https://www.ft.com/content/dec677c0-b7e6-11e6-ba85-95d1533d9a62

I posted something similar previously.  The issue isn't employment but the type of employment, the wage levels of the new jobs and the complete decimation of areas and communities where traditional labour intensive industries were previously located.  It's not dissimilar to the deindustrialisation in the UK but on a far greater scale.

Even if some companies are prepared to play along with the Liar in order to get subsidies and try to stay onside it will have no real affect.  What is needed is massive retraining in new technologies but that will need a workforce willing to accept and embrace change.  Not folk wanting to return to the (White) 1950s.

18 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Department of the Interior staff have been rebelling too, and the new Secretary of Defence has already told him he's wrong on torture and reopening black sites. He'll be opposed by Republican congressmen over free trade, paying for the wall, massive infrastructure spending and many other things. And if he gets impeached and sacked, the Republicans will have Mike Pence, a loyal Republican and willing to do what he's told. I'll go for March 2018. Time for a horrendous foreign fuckup.

Mike Pence is a malicious, nefarious sack of bigoted shit, but at the very least he's steady and consistent.  He's like a beacon of respectability in Trump's sea of downright lunacy.

Mike Pence is a malicious, nefarious sack of bigoted shit, but at the very least he's steady and consistent.  He's like a beacon of respectability in Trump's sea of downright lunacy.

Is enacting bigoted policy you don't believe in to appease your supporters better or worse than enacting bigoted policy because you genuinely believe in it?

6 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Pence would have lost to Clinton.  The whole thing makes sense now...

3 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

Is enacting bigoted policy you don't believe in to appease your supporters better or worse than enacting bigoted policy because you genuinely believe in it?

Pence is, at some rate, a politician.  He realises that the 50% of the US government is the state department, and that losing the entire managerial staff is tantamount to chaos.  Tact, diplomacy and dignity counts for something.

5 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Another day of the United States owning itself. If we hadn't shat it on independence we could've been laughing at the shambles that is the UK and the USA right now.

We can absolutely be laughing at their shambles regardless.

4 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

well thank f**k for that. saves having to sack them. fell right into the trap:lol:

Edited by hehawhehaw

30 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

The choice is between an insane toddler with muscles and a deluded teenager who does what mummy tells him.

5 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Dunno, didn't read that far back.

Have we done the Mexican president yet?

Trump slams Mexico as leader cancels trip

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38760671

This is all going very well, isn't it?

Yeah i covered them both :lol: