The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

1 minute ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

True, although I essentially admitting everything is a novel tactic for dealing with the problem.

Certainly new for the Trump camp. Hopefully Trump's tax records will be next.

Is this the beginning of the end ?

I would hazard a guess that if they've tried to pre-empt the NYT by publishing first, there's a whole lot more in those emails we've yet to see.

3 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I would hazard a guess that if they've tried to pre-empt the NYT by publishing first, there's a whole lot more in those emails we've yet to see.

Even Fox TV isn't trying to defend it, who would normally say if Trump shot somebody that the victim vandalised the bullet.

The non Fox American channels are calling it treason. Think that's a bit hysterical, it's just rich boys used to walking over people, doing what they want because they can afford expensive lawyers. They didn't understand that scrutiny changes a bit when you're in Government. Hopefully the FBI will find out how much the Trump business is in debt to Russian oligarchs. Apparently Trump's taking sides with the Saudis against Qatar is because the Qataris refused him a big loan a few years ago, never mind that Qatar is America's biggest base in the Middle East.

Edited by welshbairn

13 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The non Fox American channels are calling it treason. Think that's a bit hysterical, it's just rich boys used to walking over people, doing what they want because they can afford expensive lawyers. They didn't understand that scrutiny changes a bit when you're in Government. Hopefully the FBI will find out how much the Trump business is in debt to Russian oligarchs.

I probably wouldn't use 'treason' either, however, it's now beyond any doubt that Trump's campaign colluded with agents of a hostile foreign power in order to influence an election.

It's as close to treason as you could get.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Trump having dinner in Vegas with the people who set up the meeting with his son, but definitely wasn't told about it.

goldstone-3.gif

Do people still think Trump's campaign manager, son, and son-in-law kept it all a secret from Donnie?  I guess the Hannity style morons might believe that, but its unconscionable to pretty much anyone with the capacity for abstract thought.  

2 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I don't understand what the f**k Junior has just done.   I really don't.  

2 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

He's completely fucked.

November 2018 seems a very long way away at this point.  If he avoids being impeached, the Democrats, no matter how incompetently run, will surely wipe the floor with the mid-terms, making impeachment an inevitability at that point.  Yep, he's completely fucked.  This is one of the most  incompetent and corrupt administrations in Presidential history.  There's not a day goes past I don't wake up and spend half an hour on Twitter.  

Even if you "delete" your email it will still be there on the host server.

Unless we're talking about a TV programme/film then all it takes is someone opening a command prompt and typing "Del emails".

Has Trump Jr actually broken a law here? Did the meeting produce anything of 'value' that was then used to influence the election?

I would imagine those questions need to be answered before we can talk impeachment. Unless intent is enough? I genuinely don't know.

Could you make a case for a British intelligence officer compiling a 'dossier' on Trump as being the same crime? There's surely no way someone from the Clinton campaign didn't have a meeting with someone about that.

Maybe I'm missing something but sadly I'm not seeing the silver bullet as of yet. I seem to recall a false dawn a few months back where everyone said his time was up and nothing ever really happened. It was so huge I don't even remember what it was. Comey maybe.

16 minutes ago, Paco said:

Has Trump Jr actually broken a law here? Did the meeting produce anything of 'value' that was then used to influence the election?

I would imagine those questions need to be answered before we can talk impeachment. Unless intent is enough? I genuinely don't know.

Could you make a case for a British intelligence officer compiling a 'dossier' on Trump as being the same crime? There's surely no way someone from the Clinton campaign didn't have a meeting with someone about that.

Maybe I'm missing something but sadly I'm not seeing the silver bullet as of yet. I seem to recall a false dawn a few months back where everyone said his time was up and nothing ever really happened. It was so huge I don't even remember what it was. Comey maybe.

Jared Kushner is probably in more legal jeopardy, repeatedly lying about contacts with Russians in the process of getting security clearance. We know that the meeting involved discussion of Russian sanctions. 3 days later Wikileaks announced they had emails concerning the Clinton campaign, and around the same time Trump campaign persuaded the Republican party to drop support for Ukraine at the Convention. If the dots are ever joined, and it is proven that Trump knew about it, he's fucked.

Edited by welshbairn