The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

3 hours ago, Paco said:

Has Trump Jr actually broken a law here? Did the meeting produce anything of 'value' that was then used to influence the election?

I would imagine those questions need to be answered before we can talk impeachment. Unless intent is enough? I genuinely don't know.

Could you make a case for a British intelligence officer compiling a 'dossier' on Trump as being the same crime? There's surely no way someone from the Clinton campaign didn't have a meeting with someone about that.

Maybe I'm missing something but sadly I'm not seeing the silver bullet as of yet. I seem to recall a false dawn a few months back where everyone said his time was up and nothing ever really happened. It was so huge I don't even remember what it was. Comey maybe.

I've also been questioning what it is I'm missing about this. Basically Trump Jr was tricked into a meeting with the lure of juicy info from 'the Russian government', so that a lobbyist for an unrelated matter could get access. It looks to me that probably the worst thing about it is Jr's 'I love it' remark, which doesn't look great now given how the Russian meddling narrative became front page news.

This Goldstone chap, a tabloid journalist and pop music agent, seems a bit of a Russophile fantasist too.

robg2.png.eedd6edd265b79f3bad8652defbc446c.png

robg.png.f6dcdd4f9d4a4223c7471bda68ddb9d2.png

1 hour ago, Zetterlund said:

I've also been questioning what it is I'm missing about this. Basically Trump Jr was tricked into a meeting with the lure of juicy info from 'the Russian government', so that a lobbyist for an unrelated matter could get access. It looks to me that probably the worst thing about it is Jr's 'I love it' remark, which doesn't look great now given how the Russian meddling narrative became front page news.

This Goldstone chap, a tabloid journalist and pop music agent, seems a bit of a Russophile fantasist too.

Goldstone worked with the Trumps in Moscow. We have no idea what was offered at the meeting other than that sanctions lifting was the price. The contact had previously worked in the Russian Prosecutor General's office.

Edited by welshbairn

44 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Meant to be more to follow.

This is not going to be a death by one big bomb but death by a thousand cuts.

Unless the big bomb is used  as the distraction.  :(

Has Trump Jr actually broken a law here? Did the meeting produce anything of 'value' that was then used to influence the election?

CNN says maybe.
Fox says what about Obama?

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

No, praying is indeed mental behaviour for psychos 

I don't care about people's faith. That's their business. But they should keep it at home and not use it for a publicly stunt, and certainly don't turn up for work with a dirty heid.

Image result for msp ash forehead

1 hour ago, Cerberus said:

I don't care about people's faith. That's their business. But they should keep it at home and not use it for a publicly stunt, and certainly don't turn up for work with a dirty heid.

Image result for msp ash forehead

That's to ward off vampires like John Rentoul.

I was listening to the pm programme on r4 yesterday and the correspondent was at a rodeo in Texas asking the people there about Trump and the Russia controversy, while this place is about as partisan as Trump support gets it did reveal that there is very little that can really hurt Trump with his core support. They don't care about this story and see it as a fabrication by the left wing#fake news media. They have picked their guy and see any criticism of him and his perpetual stupidity as the bitterness of sore losers. He would have to shit on the US flag, declare himself an atheist and promote abortion to lose their support. 

6 minutes ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

I was listening to the pm programme on r4 yesterday and the correspondent was at a rodeo in Texas asking the people there about Trump and the Russia controversy, while this place is about as partisan as Trump support gets it did reveal that there is very little that can really hurt Trump with his core support. They don't care about this story and see it as a fabrication by the left wing#fake news media. They have picked their guy and see any criticism of him and his perpetual stupidity as the bitterness of sore losers. He would have to shit on the US flag, declare himself an atheist and promote abortion to lose their support. 

I think there are these people on every side of every question on every subject in every land.

They are, ultimately, not that important and time is wasted engaging with them.  They won't listen, change or even consider the opposite view.  They see any question or accusation to their team or chosen hero as a personal insult and an assault to their "values"....(guffaw, guffaw....chortle...etc.....).

The people with a brain who are secure enough within themselves to consider challenging their own views, and more importantly the reasons why they have them, are far more important and valuable.  

I've actually been a teensy bit heartened that the USA has not become, so far at least, the ultimate Trump apologist of behemoth proportions.  Some quarters are actually questioning their own version of democracy and ideaology and, optimistically, maybe something good can come of that.

It won't be the Democrats that bring down the egotistical moron but his own party.

Given that he was basically an outsider attempting to steal the Republican nomination in the same way that Sanders was on the other side it would be surprising if the Republican machine remained as staunchly loyal to him in foul weather as they have in fair.

6 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Given that he was basically an outsider attempting to steal the Republican nomination in the same way that Sanders was on the other side it would be surprising if the Republican machine remained as staunchly loyal to him in foul weather as they have in fair.

Dunno, Republicans are attracted to power as much as he is. They seem willing to give him and his crew miles and miles of rope so far.  A Democrat president with this record would be in jail by now.