The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

2 hours ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

To be fair, apart from Fox news is there any media group's that would be willing to broadcast news of him doing something right? (assuming he ever does) Love or hate the guy there's no denying the majority of the media out there are full on Trump hating for every minor or major transgression. 

tone of news coverage

Image result for blog harvard study extraordinary media bias

Harvard study of media coverage during Trump's first 100 days.

Edited by TheProgressiveLiberal

1 minute ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

There's some really interesting stuff on there and its pretty comprehensive at that. 

The difference between Trump and the last 3 presidents is really significant

figure-4.png

Trump really is awful by any comparison. Surprised Clinton gets a worse score than Dubya, explodes the liberal bias myth.

Difficult to see where the positive coverage would come from.
Even Fox had to build a conspiracy around a young Democratic staffers murder to try and take some heat of him.
In between firing and suspending half their male staff for being Tedi's.

49 minutes ago, mjw said:

Even Fox had to build a conspiracy around a young Democratic staffers murder to try and take some heat of him.

I was talking in hypotheticals, if he actually did something good that people went "okay fair enough" i just cant see the media begrudge him that because they are so negative about every single thing he does.

I still prefer Trump being in than Clinton tho, because literally anything is a better alternative. But as i said at the time, that's like being told to pick between being kicked or punched in the balls, one of them is gonna hurt less but either way you end up in pain. 

Trump is getting poor press because he's fucking useless.  He promised a whole bunch of stuff and has delivered on none of it.

Wall?  No.

Healthcare?  No.

Massive infrastructure spending?  No.

Tax reform (cuts)?  No.

And this from a Republican President who has a majority in the Senate and the House.  What a fucking loser.

He's also tried to take credit for the job creation that has occurred since he became President when it is obvious that the economic conditions that led to this were set in play long before he took office.

What's laughable is that folk genuinely believed he could deliver better healthcare for less (who knew healthcare was so complicated?), and that he could spends billions more on infrastructure whilst cutting taxes.

There must be really thick as shit people in the USA.

Trump is getting poor press because he's fucking useless.  He promised a whole bunch of stuff and has delivered on none of it.
Wall?  No.
Healthcare?  No.
Massive infrastructure spending?  No.
Tax reform (cuts)?  No.
And this from a Republican President who has a majority in the Senate and the House.  What a fucking loser.
He's also tried to take credit for the job creation that has occurred since he became President when it is obvious that the economic conditions that led to this were set in play long before he took office.
What's laughable is that folk genuinely believed he could deliver better healthcare for less (who knew healthcare was so complicated?), and that he could spends billions more on infrastructure whilst cutting taxes.
There must be really thick as shit people in the USA.

They are.

Just a thought. Are the alt-right trumpets all teenage boys on 4chan, who hate their mums and are scared of girls, being led on by older men like Milo and Bannon? Do either run a Pizza Restaurant? I think we should be told.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, mjw said:

Pick the the vile racist choice.

Are you actually trying to say that believing that Trump was the lesser of two evils because he wouldn't get anything done, vs Clinton who would have gotten everything she wanted, that somehow makes me a racist? As I've said repeatedly, both were terrible choices. Saying both are terrible but one is the lesser is not an endorsement of that candidate. 

This entire situation just proves how broken the voting system is in the US when you are stuck voting for one of two parties for so long that a vote ends up being between two candidates who are different to one another but pretty much both as bad as each other.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Just a thought. Are the alt-right trumpets all teenage boys on 4chan, who hate their mums and are scared of girls, being led on by older men like Milo and Bannon? Do either run a Pizza Restaurant? I think we should be told.

Is Milo even a thing anymore? I haven't heard anything about him since the whole pedophile thing

12 hours ago, mjw said:

Look at the immigration issue. According to Harvard, 96% of the media coverage has a negative tone. Illegal crossings are way down. The vast majority of the country is against illegal immigration. Even his more controversial policies, like the so-called Muslim ban, have solid support. How is it possible that the main media companies have only covered this issue with a positive tone 4% of the time? He's been successful and his policies are broadly popular. The answer of course is that most of the mainstream press views it as their job to oppose Trump. That's fine, but don't claim to be something you're not and don't get on your high horse when he hits back.

Edited by TheProgressiveLiberal