The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

Trump claimed that the leader of the Boy Scouts called him up to say what a fantastic speech he gave. Apparently, the Boy Scouts have never made such a call :lol:

Edited by RiG

"He told me off the record — he thinks he may go $30 billion,” Trump said of Foxconn CEO Terry Gou. "But he told me that off the record, so I promised I wouldn’t tell anyone."

Trump at a televised Whiite House small business event.

Trump claimed that the leader of the Boy Scouts called him up to say what a fantastic speech he gave. Apparently, the Boy Scouts have never made such a call :lol:

I fully believe that Trump received that call but it was from an aide in the White House whose job it is to make up good news and praise for the Donald.

This is worth a read

This bit in particular struck a chord with me.

There are three main takeaways from the interview.
First, Trump has, at best, an extremely thin understanding of every major policy issue, from health care to tax reform. When pressed for any details, Trump retreats to empty platitudes and deflects by saying: "We'll see what happens."

There is more elaboration later but it emphasises the point that a guy who claims to be very intelligent doesn't even have the most basic understanding of policy issues.  I cannot remember a senior US or UK political leader ever being given such an easy ride when it comes to being questioned on detailed policy.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:
This is worth a read

This bit in particular struck a chord with me.

There are three main takeaways from the interview.
First, Trump has, at best, an extremely thin understanding of every major policy issue, from health care to tax reform. When pressed for any details, Trump retreats to empty platitudes and deflects by saying: "We'll see what happens."

There is more elaboration later but it emphasises the point that a guy who claims to be very intelligent doesn't even have the most basic understanding of policy issues.  I cannot remember a senior US or UK political leader ever being given such an easy ride when it comes to being questioned on detailed policy.

Here's the interview. It makes painful reading.

http://www.politico.eu/article/full-transcript-trumps-wall-street-journal-interview/

28 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

You'd suggest a palace coup is imminent if the generals weren't already running things. The only positive about Trump is he's completely destroying the credibility of the presidential office.

Imagine being a ten year old kid and thinking this is how a president behaves.

It's a bit like thinking that the best football supporter in the world is Jeff Stelling, and that's how all football fans should be.

It seems like the Washington Post has (yet again) been leaked a transcript of Trump's calls with Mexico and Australia, and it's car crash stuff.  Unfortunately, the WaPo is behind a paywall.  

16 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

It seems like the Washington Post has (yet again) been leaked a transcript of Trump's calls with Mexico and Australia, and it's car crash stuff.  Unfortunately, the WaPo is behind a paywall.  

Hopefully this will work.

Trump phone.pdf

Went to the Trump rally in Youngstown, Ohio last week. Fun times. First political event I've attended since my grandpa took me to see Vice President Quail during the 92 campaign. All I remember about it was being annoyed when they told me he was going to fly in on Air Force 2, and then seeing a normal looking plane.

IMAG0049.jpg

IMAG0051.jpg

Trump is having a rally in Huntington, WV tonight. He's promoting a big announcement. The rumor is that our Democrat governor is going to join the Republican Party at the rally. 7 pm Eastern US time. Tune in to see the love of the peole.