The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

21 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Mind when evidence of Trump bragging about sexual assault was released months before the election and he got elected. He's not in the shit on anything, and he won't be. Accept it, for your own sake.

If you can’t distinguish between an issue that relates to public opinion and one that relates to the legal system maybe you should desist from commenting.

The meeting with the Russians isn't illegal even if they were getting information directly from the Kremlin. Hillary was doing the exact same thing via Orbis. The only way this can cause him problems is if he does a Flynn and lies to the FBI but that won't happen since he obviously won't answer any questions.

The meeting with the Russians isn't illegal even if they were getting information directly from the Kremlin. Hillary was doing the exact same thing via Orbis. The only way this can cause him problems is if he does a Flynn and lies to the FBI but that won't happen since he obviously won't answer any questions.

He'll just say that he meant wouldn't instead of would . . .

9 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

If you can’t distinguish between an issue that relates to public opinion and one that relates to the legal system maybe you should desist from commenting.

The Russia stuff isn't about actually bringing Trump down it's just meant to create a barrage of noise to delegitimise him. It's a more sophisticated version of the Obama being born in Kenya/Obama shite (with Mensch and co also making it just as dumb for remedials).

The benefit of this for the corporate Dems is that they can avoid talking about policy as much as possible. 

31 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The Russia stuff isn't about actually bringing Trump down it's just meant to create a barrage of noise to delegitimise him. It's a more sophisticated version of the Obama being born in Kenya/Obama shite (with Mensch and co also making it just as dumb for remedials).

The benefit of this for the corporate Dems is that they can avoid talking about policy as much as possible. 

The thing I posted that MS disputed isn’t about Russia.  Try to keep up!

Interesting take, but Trump was delegitimised long before he took office. And Obama wasn’t born in Kenya. A lot of the Russia stuff is verifiably true.

There’s a world of difference between Mueller, who is looking at illegal behaviour by Trump and his team, and Abramson et al who like to bump their gums and hope that something sticks.

Mueller could easily bring Trump down. He’s already brought down a member of his cabinet, his personal lawyer, his campaign manager, his communications officer, and very likely his son and his son-in-law. James Comey has already intimated that there’s a lot more to this than the public discourse. It’s not just a conspiracy.

But before Mueller gets the chance, the American voters can bring Trump down themselves.

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Interesting take, but Trump was delegitimised long before he took office. And Obama wasn’t born in Kenya. A lot of the Russia stuff is verifiably true.

There’s a world of difference between Mueller, who is looking at illegal behaviour by Trump and his team, and Abramson et al who like to bump their gums and hope that something sticks.

Mueller could easily bring Trump down. He’s already brought down a member of his cabinet, his personal lawyer, his campaign manager, his communications officer, and very likely his son and his son-in-law. James Comey has already intimated that there’s a lot more to this than the public discourse. It’s not just a conspiracy.

But before Mueller gets the chance, the American voters can bring Trump down themselves.

I hope you mean figuratively by neutering him in the midterms rather Han us having to wait until 2020.

I agree with the rest of your post, though I’d like to see Mueller take action as soon as is practical.

30 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Flynn was set up and his only charge concerns his FBI interview. No one knows what is going on with Cohen. Manafort is a long time crook and considering his links to the Bushs his trial should be very interesting.

None of this comes close to impeachment and other than some zealots it's not having much impact on voters. How you take all this probably depends on how you view Comey, Brennan and Mueller. If you think they are hard working, honest, publics servants then you will probably believe what they say. If you think Mueller is a war criminal who promoted lies about WMD in Iraq, that Comey repeatedly framed vulnerable people for terror offences while FBI director and that Brennan has been involved in torture then you might not be so willing to believe them.

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

Putin said he wanted Trump to win. It isn't unusual for a state to prefer the candidate who is most friendly/least hostile to them.

I believe the USA might have done it once or twice.

Do you like Trump?

I'm still calling nonsense on Russiagate, although it's pleasing nonetheless to see some swamp creatures like Manafort & Flynn get thrown under the bus for unrelated matters in the process. Indicting the clickfarm employees was a bit of a minter though.

I don't like Trump. I do like the division and chaos in the American ruling class.

The thing to remember about Trump is that the vast majority of his policies are regular GOP/Tory or even Dem policies. On the environment and tax he's just following the regular GOP line. On education, worker's rights and health he's in line with Cameron/Osborne/May/Hammond. His foreign policy is basically the same as Obama and Bush's with extra weapons for Ukraine. His attitude to Israel perfectly matches that of Congress. Borders had walls and children were locked up before 2017. The only major difference between Trump and the pre2017 elite is on trade.

The good thing about Trump is that he has opened the door for the Dems to become a party who represent the interests of ordinary people rather than corporations. The Obama/Clinton axis aren't going to do anything to solve climate change or growing inequality so it's better that they are swept away.

2 hours ago, Detournement said:

Putin said he wanted Trump to win. It isn't unusual for a state to prefer the candidate who is most friendly/least hostile to them.

I believe the USA might have done it once or twice.

True but is it usually airbrushed out of history the way it has been. This question is gone from the WH account and the entire segment has been wiped from the Russian version. 

I hope you mean figuratively by neutering him in the midterms rather Han us having to wait until 2020.
I agree with the rest of your post, though I’d like to see Mueller take action as soon as is practical.

There’s no way Trump will run in 2020 if he’s going to lose. If the Democrats win the mid terms ‘bigly’ then he’ll be impeached.

Bellwether is often overused (and misspelled) in politics, but the midterms really do serve as a guide to Trump’s future.

He’s a one term president if ever there was one.

I find it frightening the way the far right and left are banding together on the Nationalist policies of Putin and Trump. That is Steve Bannon's aim in Europe, bring them together in a new populist anti immigrant and liberal values movement.

Bannon seems to be going through a delayed teenage rebellious phase, smash the system and annoy the grown ups.

I find it frightening the way the far right and left are banding together on the Nationalist policies of Putin and Trump. That is Steve Bannon's aim in Europe, bring them together in a new populist anti immigrant and liberal values movement.

Liberal values is placating fascists and not rocking the boat. Everyone from Lusurdo to MLK has taught us this.