The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

I dunno, Biden seems popular in America, and a lot of people think his standing down in favour of Hilary (although I think it was officially due to his son dying in tragic circumstances?) was a terrible decision since Hilary wasn't popular with a large percentage of the public. Biden would have broad independent support I think and would have the Obamas out campaigning for him; Michelle in particular is incredibly popular.

Joe Biden is as safe a candidate as the Democrats can muster.

3 hours ago, Tony Ferrino said:

The Express saying that the last time it erupted was 663,950 years before Princess Diana was born.

And experts are fearful of the impact on Home Counties property prices.

4 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

If it hapened it would be Fake News or Obamas fault.

Buy a hat.

Alibaba-plain-cotton-twill-red-baseball-cap.png_640x640.png

Trump probably will use either excuse despite the evidence to the contrary as refusal to take responsibility anything is what it seems he's good at.  I don't know how he could get away with it on this though when you look at the size of area affected though and that ignores the global effect.

https://goo.gl/images/sfwZ65

Not Trump but very entertaining.
She comes so close to a massive revelation, but doesn't quite manage it.

All of this has to be parody. People saying they’re scared of people believing that a living wage and free healthcare should be guaranteed to all citizens. The horror.

On 7/23/2018 at 14:40, RiG said:

Trump railing against the Washington Post, Amazon and the USPS again. Trump continues to repeat lies that Amazon costs the USPS money, they don't pay taxes etc. 

Yet Amazon do now pay taxes, well over $900 million in income tax in fact, but no federal taxes. Why? Because of Trumps new tax bill :lol: 

Are you sure it isn't the employees who pat the income tax?

Amazon are tax dodging arseholes.

2 hours ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

Not Trump but very entertaining.

She comes so close to a massive revelation, but doesn't quite manage it.

She claims she was unfairly edited but here she is in her own words. The whole article is in the link.

But then Ocasio-Cortez spoke, followed by Bush, and I saw something truly terrifying. I saw just how easy it would be, were I less involved and less certain of our nation’s founding and its history, to fall for the populist lines they were shouting from that stage.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/07/23/conservative-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-rally/

Tariffs are great claims Trump on Twitter.

In other news American farmers are being bailed out to the tune of $12 million  billion to compensate for losses incurred from Trumps tarrifs.

Edited by RiG

Tariffs are great claims Trump on Twitter.

In other news American farmers are being bailed out to the tune of $12 million to compensate for losses incurred from Trumps tarrifs.

Think it may be $12 billion! Trump at his best. Pay off his mistakes with other people’s money.

8 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

Think it may be $12 billion! Trump at his best. Pay off his mistakes with other people’s money.

NY Times has some decent articles on this and other aspects of the tariffs.  Trump getting it in the neck from otherwise normal allies.

10 hours ago, dee_62 said:

You are quite right! Post edited :) 

On ‎20‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 13:25, Granny Danger said:

There seems to be a partisanship that has developed in politics that is based on prejudice and ignorance rather than rational thought.  I think that is what is fueling Brexit in this country.

Part of the problem is that there appears to be no room for considered debate.  

For me the anti-immigration sentiment driving Brexit is OTT and simply wrong but if we simply write folk off as racist and xenophobic rather than trying to recognise why they feel that way then we will not make progress.

In a similar vein, if the Democrats fail to understand why a large portion of the US electorate bought into the anti-elite argument that got Trump elected they will find it more difficult to oppose him and the other Republicans.

But surely that is exactly what has been happening? Anybody mentioning qualms about immigration has been shouted down as a racist and a xenophobe, with no "considered debate", as far as I can see.

Mind you, it probably doesn't help that quite a few of the people who do raise concerns about immigration are racists and xenophobes...

3 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

But surely that is exactly what has been happening? Anybody mentioning qualms about immigration has been shouted down as a racist and a xenophobe, with no "considered debate", as far as I can see.

Mind you, it probably doesn't help that quite a few of the people who do raise concerns about immigration are racists and xenophobes...

Yeah that’s the nub of it.  It gets in the way of any sort of mature debate.