The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

'I could run the investigation if I want', says Trump.

Nothing that Trump does would surprise me, but any attempt to interfere will play right into the hands of the Democrats.

What happens from this point forward will be determined by a relatively small group including new voters, swing voters, Republicans who won’t switch but will stay at home, Democrats who didn’t vote last time around but will in the midterms.

Even if Trump retains his base (which he will) I reckon he will be fucked come November.

Voters will vote the same way they always do, Trump's coalition was just a regular Republican coalition. For Republicans in the USA it's mainly about tax and immigration. In 2016 there were predictions of Utah and Texas rejecting Trump and he won both easily.

It will be a normal election with minority turnout being key. Given the level of gerrymandering in the House and the seats up for grabs in the Senate it will be very difficult for the Dems to claim both houses.

"Democrats who didn’t vote last time around but will in the midterms". Turnout was 36% in the previous midterms, the number of people who chose not to vote in 2016 but will vote this year will be tiny.

Nothing that Trump does would surprise me, but any attempt to interfere will play right into the hands of the Democrats.
What happens from this point forward will be determined by a relatively small group including new voters, swing voters, Republicans who won’t switch but will stay at home, Democrats who didn’t vote last time around but will in the midterms.
Even if Trump retains his base (which he will) I reckon he will be fucked come November.

I’d say Roy Moore might serve as a bellwether for November. I think it’s easy to overlook quite how much community activism swayed folk away from the Republican Party. It wasn’t just a handful of moderate Republicans who swung that. It was a tap in to latent Democrats and previous abstainers. If a Democrat can win in Birmingham, Alabama at the height of Trump’s popularity, there’s no reason why it can’t happen all over the place in November.

I’m extremely hopeful. And whichever way, I can’t help but feel the Cohen thing’s going to be extremely important in retrospect.

32 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I’d say Roy Moore might serve as a bellwether for November. I think it’s easy to overlook quite how much community activism swayed folk away from the Republican Party. It wasn’t just a handful of moderate Republicans who swung that. It was a tap in to latent Democrats and previous abstainers. If a Democrat can win in Birmingham, Alabama at the height of Trump’s popularity, there’s no reason why it can’t happen all over the place in November.

I’m extremely hopeful. And whichever way, I can’t help but feel the Cohen thing’s going to be extremely important in retrospect.

Roy Moore lost by 22,000 votes (1.5%) of the vote despite being branded a paedo for months in the lead up to the election!

The Dems need to win 6 of the 7 toss up seats to win the Senate and they are all states Trump won in 2016.

Dem strategy therefore should be to uncover credible allegations of noncing in every marginal seat.
Shouldn't take much digging.

Anyone else noticed we've been a man short on this thread for a few days now?

15 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

The world is fucked, I’m glad I live in the Middle East & we are likely the first to go in the nuclear blanket,
I hate humanity right now. We have a 3 year old in the White House, a trembling fuckwit in Downing St, a megalomaniac in Moscow, can things get any worse?

Aye. We could vote No in Indyref2 and Rangers could win their first trophy. There are plenty of dark corners left yet. 

18 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

The world is fucked, I’m glad I live in the Middle East & we are likely the first to go in the nuclear blanket,
I hate humanity right now. We have a 3 year old in the White House, a trembling fuckwit in Downing St, a megalomaniac in Moscow, can things get any worse?

You'll be fine, nobody's going to nuke oil.

51 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Where in the Middle East do you live?

The boss of the National Enquirer who bought and squashed the Playboy model story has just been given immunity by the FBI.  More dirt incoming.

Trump will Tweet something about the reliability or lack thereof of the National Inquirer.

Everyone who turns gets an abusive tweet or thirty. Everyone who keeps his gob shut (Manafort) gets a pardon.

43 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Trump will Tweet something about the reliability or lack thereof of the National Inquirer.

I think Trump would find it difficult to discredit a publication as venerable and credible as the National Enquirer.

His base would be conflicted.

62AFB12A-3DB5-4AE7-AD2E-E05821B25CB9.png.3e9fbfd92c787d7d4d669aeee0454a51.png61A9AB90-E9F9-45E9-84D5-CF81B4FEE926.jpeg.14464f347893c8897fb8a628e1ca129a.jpeg