The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

5 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Interesting analysis following the default judgement against Giuliani in the case brought by Freeman and Moss.  The default judgement was made because Giuliani repeatedly failed to turn over records demanded by the court.

Giuliani has claimed that he no longer has access to the information required however the judge has suggested that he is willing to take the, likely significant, financial hit in the civil case rather than turn over the evidence because such evidence would be damning in the subsequent criminal case.

Better pay a huge amount of money, which of course he will take all steps he can to not pay, than increase the risk of going to jail.

His problem will be that the records in question are, to a great extent, not just his. Others involved via email or other communications may elect to turnover their side of the exact records he seeks to withhold…might get amusing. It’s a nice version of the prisoners dilemma.

African and American politics in sync.

"The plausible explanation is that Bongo  Trump  lost the election but, instead of leaving office with dignity, tried to hang on to power by manipulating the results with the complicity of officials beholden to his family."

The Orange Arsehole suffering yet another legal defeat today.  The second E Jean Carrol defamation case will go to court but not to determine the merits of the claim, which has been ruled by the judge as having been proven, only to determine the amount of damages.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-66733736

Fani Willis responds to Jim Jordan, destroying his arguments over seven pages, and then offers advice over the next two.

https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/23941366/jim-jordan-letter.pdf

4 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

Wonder why Fani Willis didn’t charge Lindsey Graham even tho the grand jury recommended the DA’s office should? Maybe he has a lovely singing voice? 

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/09/08/georgia-panel-urged-criminal-charges-against-lindsey-graham-and-other-trump-allies-00114700

There are several possibilities:

1) She didn’t feel there was enough evidence to convict.

2) She felt their action could mostly or completely fall under some of the protected activities.

3) They are perhaps cooperating with authorities.

4) They may have reached a deal.

5) Adding them now might have significantly lengthened the trial, and they decided to press the stronger cases first.

Regardless, this actually devastates the witch hunt allegations, as not pressing charges on half the named parties is clearly not a witch hunt.

A federal judge has rejected Mark Meadows’ attempt to move his Georgia case to federal court claiming that what he was doing was not in his capacity as a federal employee.  This is bad news for the others arguing g the same position - and good news for accountability.

Noted Trump supporter Boebert asked to leave a show in Denver due to vaping, using a cell phone and causing a disturbance/singing loudly. She looks rather tipsy in the video, and her public statements are, for her, very muted, which suggests she’s playing this one down. She filed for divorce in May of this year, and appears to have moved on quickly.

https://www.cbsnews.com/colorado/news/lauren-boebert-removed-beetlejuice-buell-theatre-denver/

7 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Mitt Romney saying he’s not standing for reelection.  I had no idea he is 76.

Probably be replaced by a MAGA fuckwit.

Doubtful, it’s Utah. MAGA doesn’t play very well in Utah, with Trump pulling a little over 58% in 2020, versus previous Republican candidates always topping 70%. In 2016 he got 45.5%, with an independent Republican getting 21.5%.

I see Jack Smith is looking for a ‘gagging order’ on Trump.  I think Chutkan will be reluctant to grant it but she might not have an option.

If she does grant it she will have to enforce it to the letter or her credibility will be gone.

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

First of his co-accused in Georgia has turned on him..

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/sep/15/trump-lawyer-jenna-ellis

The mental gymnastics involved in supporting Trump are amazing.

'I have a lot of love and respect for Mr Trump, and think he's a great man, but he's a piece of shit who'll lie about anything and everything, doesn't share any of my moral values, and will never admit to doing anything wrong'  :huh:

2 hours ago, BTFD said:

The mental gymnastics involved in supporting Trump are amazing.

'I have a lot of love and respect for Mr Trump, and think he's a great man, but he's a piece of shit who'll lie about anything and everything, doesn't share any of my moral values, and will never admit to doing anything wrong'  :huh:

Translation; ‘fat c**t won’t pay my legal fees and I’ve been reduced to having to do a GoFundMe for them’. 

9 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

I like to try and see the good in people as well, but no. 

:lol:

Although I was meaning more that she understands shame well enough that she's not having a massive public tantrum over it, which she would normally do. If this had been any other Representative, she'd be constantly bringing it up.

7 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Translation; ‘fat c**t won’t pay my legal fees and I’ve been reduced to having to do a GoFundMe for them’. 

It's impressive how many people are still shocked that the man who has financially stiffed everyone over decades - including his own lawyers - isn't willing to give them any money for representation over things they did to benefit him. Made even better when it's one of his own former lawyers, who he presumably hasn't paid for actual work that they did anyway.

18 minutes ago, BTFD said:

:lol:

Although I was meaning more that she understands shame well enough that she's not having a massive public tantrum over it, which she would normally do. If this had been any other Representative, she'd be constantly bringing it up.

Or god forbid, someone LGBTQ+, because them even existing in public is grooming children. 

18 minutes ago, BTFD said:

It's impressive how many people are still shocked that the man who has financially stiffed everyone over decades - including his own lawyers - isn't willing to give them any money for representation over things they did to benefit him. Made even better when it's one of his own former lawyers, who he presumably hasn't paid for actual work that they did

She’s likely made enough from going on Fox et al to dribble bilge from being associated with Trump that it’d have been more lucrative than anything he’d have trusted her to do. She’s not the sharpest. 

Not up to standard then, Donny boy...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/money/11242573/donald-trump-aberdeenshire-hotel-fail-food-certificate/amp/

Manky!  Quote from article

"Despite the kitchen being closed for two days before the announced officials visit, inspectors found dirty cooking equipment, including a chopping board, a raw meat vacuum packer and lids on the floor.

Other chopping boards were badly damaged and scored from knives that they could not be cleaned effectively.

Sausage meat dated 83 days before the inspection was found in the freezer with the label "keep refrigerated" and vacuum food with a shelf life of five days was in circulation for ten."