The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

1 hour ago, dirty dingus said:

The sentence should be 4 round of golf at Turnberry and if he doesn't better Kim Jong iL scorecard by 2 shots then he has to do 10 year. The ghost of Peter Allis on commentary is a must.

31 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Not true. The only approval ratings that are currently being provided show him at -14 (highest since 2015) since April 20th, 2024. New polls will take a few weeks to surface.

I’m not sure -14 is going to do it. 10 years it is.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Yeah, I'm speaking hypothetically.

I think you've swallowed his schtick on this Stormy Daniels case and I'm not sure about your defence

Edited by sophia

5 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

If the plan was to try and destroy him, I think this will have the opposite effect, the yanks love a martyr, looks like his popularity is growing by the day.

Thank you.

I find myself wondering what kind of legal system operates in America.  Did the Donald think that it's up to the defendant to select the venue and the judge and decide when the trial should take place?

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

If the plan was to try and destroy him, I think this will have the opposite effect, the yanks love a martyr, looks like his popularity is growing by the day.

Thank you.

Nobody’s out to get your wee pal and there’s no ‘plan’. It’s a fairly routine crime, which the state prosecutes on a routine and frequent basis. Given his former lawyer’s already been to the pokey for admitting to the crime, committed at another’s behest, why wouldn’t they also prosecute the behester? 

Edited by carpetmonster

6 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Nobody’s out to get your wee pal and there’s no ‘plan’. It’s a fairly routine crime, which the state prosecutes on a routine and frequent basis. Given his former lawyer’s already been to the pokey for admitting to the crime, committed at another’s behest, why wouldn’t they also prosecute the behester? 

Calm down, just calling it as I see it.

52 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I find myself wondering what kind of legal system operates in America.  Did the Donald think that it's up to the defendant to select the venue and the judge and decide when the trial should take place?

Yes. The Donald believes firmly in the money makes right theory of American justice. Unfortunately, there is a tax aspect to many of his entanglements, and that trumps money. In this case, there is the fact he pissed on New York for years, and then gave them a way to make him pay.

As for the voting question, in Florida, felons may not vote until having completed their sentence and restitution (unless violent/sexual conviction, then its never)...but Florida also has a loophole for those convicted in other States. In that case, the rules on voting in Florida defer to convicting State rules. New York only prohibits imprisoned felons from voting.

So, Don Snorleone now is prohibited from both owning and possessing firearms and ammunition. He's boasted having a NY CCL (Concealed Carry License), which the judge is required to revoke now that he's a convicted felon. He's also boasted he always has a gun on him, but most believe it's just a lie to get votes.

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

So, Don Snorleone now is prohibited from both owning and possessing firearms and ammunition. He's boasted having a NY CCL (Concealed Carry License), which the judge is required to revoke now that he's a convicted felon. He's also boasted he always has a gun on him, but most believe it's just a lie to get votes.

Hadn't heard that. I can't think of many people less likely to carry a gun than Donnie. He'd have shot his button mushroom off by now.

Besides, from carrying firearms to wiping his arse, he's the kind of guy who insists on having someone to do everything for him as a sign of power (and not because he doesn't know how to do any of it himself).

14 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Are his hands big enough to hold a gun?

4 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Never underestimate the stupidity of the American electorate.

His ratings have gone up since yesterday.

The only thing stopping him bring re-elected is Biden popping his clogs or an assassin's bullet.

The Americans are such a bunch of fucking idiots when it comes to politics. Some countries must look at its claim of being a great democracy and laugh. Aside from a 2 horse presidential cycle, that they have ended up with 2 candidates that wouldn't look out of place in a nursing home.

Trump is clearly a heads gone bampot who deserves jail and mocking for the rest of his days, but more fool the Democrats for putting up such a poor candidate against him. Sure signs that a) the Republicans have zero depth beyond MAGA and b) the Democrats have no credible alternatives. Given its entirely conceivable that either could die in office, the VP picks are paramount and who trump picks will set the tone for the next decade.

Rest assured folk like Bojo, Farage and Truss will be lookimg at his antics and be thinking of following the tact here. 

5 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Never underestimate the stupidity of the American electorate.

His ratings have gone up since yesterday.

The only thing stopping him bring re-elected is Biden popping his clogs or an assassin's bullet.

Apparently not - this dropped a couple of hours ago - 10% of registered GOP voters less likely to vote for and 25% of independents, vs 18% of independents more likely 

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/one-10-republicans-less-likely-vote-trump-after-guilty-verdict-reutersipsos-poll-2024-05-31/