The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

5 hours ago, TxRover said:

The view that Trump should have been ignored and he'd have withered and disappeared is nuts. Trump himself drove the press with his endless "I won, they cheated" bullshit. Once his followers bought into that line, they were committed to the insane course they've been following. Trump is a circus ringmaster who has jumped onto the tiger's back...and now its ride it or get killed. His ego won't let him back down, I expect some really fun shite to come from the probation meeting today...but it'll all be from Team Trump for a while until the report is made public.

I've tried for the last few years to rationalise this insanity, and I think I've finally found a contributory factor on page 204 of Bill Bryson's book 'A Short History Of Everything'.

Big Oil fought the removal of lead from petrol and other products for so long - 44 years after Europe for paint and food containers as late as 1993 - that the levels of lead in the blood of Americans is reckoned to be 600 times what it was a century ago.  And once it's there it doesn't go away, bad news especially for the elderly who had more exposure.

10 hours ago, Alan Twelve said:

Furthermore, he won't win in November. He's won nothing since the 2016 election (where he substantially lost the popular vote) - his handpicked candidates always lose, senate and house elections have been a disaster for the republicans, Biden fucking trounced him. The idea that being found guilty in an open court of multiple felonies is going to convince non-MAGA-cultists to vote for him is laughable.

Agreed. I could very easily be wrong but at this stage I see Biden winning as the more likely outcome.

In other cheerful news for Trump, there's a risk that his recent conviction might mean that his bevvy licences at some golf courses are at risk.

"The ripple effects of Donald Trump’s felony conviction widened on Monday to encompass one of his most famous business assets: golf courses.

The New Jersey’s attorney general’s office is looking into whether the former president’s recent convictions make him ineligible to hold liquor licenses at his three New Jersey golf courses, according to a spokesperson for the attorney general’s office.

State law prohibits anyone from holding a liquor licenses who has been convicted of a crime “involving moral turpitude”."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/article/2024/jun/10/trump-liquor-licenses-at-golf-courses-felony-conviction

Trebles all round!

Just now, Salt n Vinegar said:

In other cheerful news for Trump, there's a risk that his recent conviction might mean that his bevvy licences at some golf courses are at risk.

"The ripple effects of Donald Trump’s felony conviction widened on Monday to encompass one of his most famous business assets: golf courses.

The New Jersey’s attorney general’s office is looking into whether the former president’s recent convictions make him ineligible to hold liquor licenses at his three New Jersey golf courses, according to a spokesperson for the attorney general’s office.

State law prohibits anyone from holding a liquor licenses who has been convicted of a crime “involving moral turpitude”."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/article/2024/jun/10/trump-liquor-licenses-at-golf-courses-felony-conviction

Trebles all round!

Better be quick!

Many of you think I'm defending Trump which I am not, I have looked at his family history which is littered with illegalities so its in his blood beginning with Friedrich his Bavarian grandfather who ran a brothel in the Yukon then onto Fred his father with buying up and renting out slums in Brooklyn and beyond with mother Mary chauffer driven in her Cadillac to collect rents from the poorest of the poor, the family have always operated on the shady side of the law and Donald only moved the thievery up a gear by buying into Manhattan when the family didn't have the money to back it up, but he sold the Trump brand in the seventies as a franchise which went spectacularly bust in Atlantic City, but the megalomaniac Trump brassed it through and convinced banks and investors he was viable.

So the Donald has sold himself as being part of that fictitious 'American Dream' that they all strive to, so with that he suckered into the age old theme of state against federal government, where they have a system of paying a state tax where you live and then paying a federal tax to the central government, now the redneck in deepest Alabama figures that the federal government is playing with his tax money any way they want and Trump has tapped into that belief and that is where his core support lies, it is difficult living in this country with paye to understand the deep feeling that a lot of Americans have against Federal Government.

I was sitting once in a cafe in SF having a normal conversation with a guy and the conversation came round to tax, I explained our system and then out of the blue he asked me where I thought the US federal taxes belonged to, I mentioned the government but he said 'no sir all US federal taxes go to seven US families living in Switzerland and then they decide who gets what in the US.

Anyway I've rattled on but for me it is easy to see where Trumps appeal lies, an as I have said repeatedly I am well aware of how crooked he is but with all the publicity he's been given just fans his supporters fires, again they should have let sleeping dogs lie.

Anyway anybody want to talk about Clintons oval office blowjob or Kennedy's multiple affairs while in office, inc MM, plus how old Joe got the Chicago mafia to get his son the presidency.

American politics are corrupt and Trump is part of the product.

Plus the mad fucker will start the next world war so get ready to be conscripted.

19 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Is he also on trial for lying about his addictions while trying to buy a gun?

I don't know about that but he's got plenty of unfavourable stuff on him as well.

9 minutes ago, RiG said:

I don't know about that but he's got plenty of unfavourable stuff on him as well.

Maybe so but it’s not comparable at present.

If Hunter Biden is chucked in jail (as he should be) it will be great fun watching the MAGA nutters still trying to claim that the President is weaponising and skewing the justice system.

3 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I've tried for the last few years to rationalise this insanity, and I think I've finally found a contributory factor on page 204 of Bill Bryson's book 'A Short History Of Everything'.

Big Oil fought the removal of lead from petrol and other products for so long - 44 years after Europe for paint and food containers as late as 1993 - that the levels of lead in the blood of Americans is reckoned to be 600 times what it was a century ago.  And once it's there it doesn't go away, bad news especially for the elderly who had more exposure.

Aye, the youngsters appear to be full of the lead theory regarding why the older generations are batshit and bellicose. It gets brought up as a reason why Ancient Rome descended into lunacy too - the wealthy and powerful started using lead pipes and vessels for plumbing and drinking water, then the degeneracy, violence, and irrational decision making kicked in. I don't think it's considered a serious factor by historians, but it's certainly a thought - imagine being an ordinary Roman watching your betters indulge in public torture while shagging their own family and pets.

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

Aye, the youngsters appear to be full of the lead theory regarding why the older generations are batshit and bellicose. It gets brought up as a reason why Ancient Rome descended into lunacy too - the wealthy and powerful started using lead pipes and vessels for plumbing and drinking water, then the degeneracy, violence, and irrational decision making kicked in. I don't think it's considered a serious factor by historians, but it's certainly a thought - imagine being an ordinary Roman watching your betters indulge in public torture while shagging their own family and pets.

As usual the Bryson book is a good read but there's some truly horrendous info and stats particularly concerning the many unfortunate folk who were fatally exposed to lead in their workplace.

22 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Hunter Biden guilty.  Lock him up.

Disgraceful how the Biden Crime Family have corrupted the American justice system, eh?

I wonder if "ha ha, your son's a junkie" is going to play well with the American public. You know he's not going to be able to stop himself.

44 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Hunter Biden guilty.  Lock him up.

Of all the things he was up to on that laptop, he should be thankful they only went after him for the firearm.

24 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Disgraceful how the Biden Crime Family have corrupted the American justice system, eh?

I wonder if "ha ha, your son's a junkie" is going to play well with the American public. You know he's not going to be able to stop himself.

There will be an appeal, ironically as a result of a previous pro-guns ruling about drugs and gun ownership apparently.

Hunter Biden is an entitled arsehole who is also awaiting trial on federal tax evasion of over one million dollars.  I have zero sympathy for him.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

There will be an appeal, ironically as a result of a previous pro-guns ruling about drugs and gun ownership apparently.

Hunter Biden is an entitled arsehole who is also awaiting trial on federal tax evasion of over one million dollars.  I have zero sympathy for him.

Oh, no doubt. I'm just curious if Trump's gleeful "your son's a f**k-up" jibes will play well outside of his rallies, considering an awful lot of people have relatives they're embarrassed by/worried about.

There is difference. 

Jury member already gone to the press to talk about Biden junior.  

Trump jury protected by anonymity and speaking about it from fear of backlash from Trump and his supporters.

I’ve seen Trump peddle the line that ‘the American people might not stand for it’ if he’s jailed.  He’s totally delusional.

If he was sent to prison the would be demonstrations undoubtedly and a couple might get out of hand, but there will be no mass uprising and any unrest will be quelled quickly.  The biggest squealers will be the Congresspeople who are in awe of him but I can’t see them rioting.