The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

Trump might be essentially cleared to run again but I fully believe he's neutered without access to his Twitter account. How does he mobilise his base without access to social media? President MyPillow guy or Marjorie Taylor Greene appear to be trying to pick up the torch but their momentum depends on how well they can manage how utterly mental they are and whether they can get Trump onside.

Trump might be essentially cleared to run again but I fully believe he's neutered without access to his Twitter account. How does he mobilise his base without access to social media? President MyPillow guy or Marjorie Taylor Greene appear to be trying to pick up the torch but their momentum depends on how well they can manage how utterly mental they are and whether they can get Trump onside.
The equation boils down to what it always does in US politics; if Biden (or Harris) can pitch up ahead of the next Presidential election with the economy in decent shape then Trump and his fellow moon-howlers will be fecked.

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

They need to media bury the man.

Today's society has a short memory and by ignoring him he will soon be mostly forgotten.

Continued persecution only fans the flames.

He has built his support on his witch hunt/siege mentality/they are all against me campaigns.

A section of the democrats and the media are just as crazy as he is.

Trump was defeated at the last election by a very uninspiring Democratic candidate.  It might be that 85% or so of Republicans still support him, but I believe that will diminish over the coming few years regardless of how much or how little publicity he gets.

If he were to run again in for four years time I reckon there would be a 10-15% of Republicans who would not vote for him.

Factor in two other things.  One, he might die; according to all sources he has an awful diet and barely exercises.  Two, he could end up in jail for tax fraud or other such charges.  Unlike some I believe that is a reality.  Firstly, it would not surprise me if he had committed such crimes and, secondly, I think the appropriate authorities will go after him with everything they’ve got.

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Trump was defeated at the last election by a very uninspiring Democratic candidate.  It might be that 85% or so of Republicans still support him, but I believe that will diminish over the coming few years regardless of how much or how little publicity he gets.

If he were to run again in for four years time I reckon there would be a 10-15% of Republicans who would not vote for him.

Factor in two other things.  One, he might die; according to all sources he has an awful diet and barely exercises.  Two, he could end up in jail for tax fraud or other such charges.  Unlike some I believe that is a reality.  Firstly, it would not surprise me if he had committed such crimes and, secondly, I think the appropriate authorities will go after him with everything they’ve got.

Again like the media you are not seeing beyond the man, what I am trying to convey that though he is an inarticulate idiot he tapped into discontent in middle America which produced 74 million votes, there is something rotten in the state of Denmark when a fool can motivate a movement against the federal government.

Of those 74 million not all were militant rednecks, put Trump to one side and you have to ask the question what is fundamentally wrong with politics in the United States.

Trump dies which is a real possibility, but that doesn't mean that the discontent with Federal Government is going away, there will be another Trump out there who will 'Drain the Swamp'.

You have to remember that the country's official title is The United States of America all with their Governors and Senates, many with their own set of laws, people in this country tend to look at the US as one collective country which it isn't.

We lived in SF for a while and every year when taxes had to be paid I recall the many arguments against what was seen as wasted federal taxation as opposed to state taxes.

3 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Again like the media you are not seeing beyond the man, what I am trying to convey that though he is an inarticulate idiot he tapped into discontent in middle America which produced 74 million votes, there is something rotten in the state of Denmark when a fool can motivate a movement against the federal government.

Of those 74 million not all were militant rednecks, put Trump to one side and you have to ask the question what is fundamentally wrong with politics in the United States.

Trump dies which is a real possibility, but that doesn't mean that the discontent with Federal Government is going away, there will be another Trump out there who will 'Drain the Swamp'.

You have to remember that the country's official title is The United States of America all with their Governors and Senates, many with their own set of laws, people in this country tend to look at the US as one collective country which it isn't.

We lived in SF for a while and every year when taxes had to be paid I recall the many arguments against what was seen as wasted federal taxation as opposed to state taxes.

Starving Trump of oxygen is not going to stop a new pretender.  As an outsider in his 60s looking in I cannot recall seeing such a partisan split in the USA as exists at present.  It’s not a situation that’s going to change in the foreseeable future imo.

My disdain of religion makes it hard for me to view US society objectively.  I find it bizarre that so many folk are so obsessed by religion and that it plays such a huge part in their lives and that the invoke god at every opportunity.  I am also astounded that there is such an unquestioning support for gun ownership; that people can simultaneously be opposed to abortion but be cheer leaders for executions; and that obvious wide scale racial intolerance is, at best, ignored.

You ask what is fundamentally wrong with US politics, my response is US politics is a reflection of US society and it’s society that’s screwed up.

8 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Starving Trump of oxygen is not going to stop a new pretender.  As an outsider in his 60s looking in I cannot recall seeing such a partisan split in the USA as exists at present.  It’s not a situation that’s going to change in the foreseeable future imo.

My disdain of religion makes it hard for me to view US society objectively.  I find it bizarre that so many folk are so obsessed by religion and that it plays such a huge part in their lives and that the invoke god at every opportunity.  I am also astounded that there is such an unquestioning support for gun ownership; that people can simultaneously be opposed to abortion but be cheer leaders for executions; and that obvious wide scale racial intolerance is, at best, ignored.

You ask what is fundamentally wrong with US politics, my response is US politics is a reflection of US society and it’s society that’s screwed up.

Religion and gun ownership, the right to bear arms in a militia, are enshrined in the 230 year old United States Constitution.

And a lot of Americans live by those rights which some interpret as god given.

From our perspective it all appears archaic.

Have a look around Scotlands cities and towns and you will see areas littered with old Churches many falling into disrepair, so it wasn't that long ago that we Scots were dominated by religion, thankfully that has passed as we grew.

On the subject of the US throwing up right wing  Trumpesque figures in politics you may remember Ross Perot and his Reform party in the 90's where he garnered 20 Million votes in the 92 Presidential election, one of Perot's wild proposals was that if he won he would shut down all American Embassies throughout the world to save money, 20 million voters found that little nugget appealing.

And then there was Steve Forbes grandson of Bertie Forbes, the Aberdeenshire loon, founder of Forbes Magazine and financial empire, luckily Steve didn't make it past the primaries.

18 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Didn't I read somewhere that he had access to Parler?

Just now, Salvo Montalbano said:
17 minutes ago, NotThePars said:
It's cool that these people correctly identify that Gates is a freak and yet tons of liberals don't.

Why exactly is he a freak, other than being a bit if a geek, incredibly rich and wanting to use his vast wealth for some decent causes?

Think this is a good starting point. 

Also he was friends with Epstein and stayed in contact with him after he was initially convicted so he clearly was well aware of what kind of person Epstein which should set alarm bells ringing given what known associates of Epstein have been accused of.

Why exactly is he a freak, other than being a bit if a geek, incredibly rich and wanting to use his vast wealth for some decent causes?

The man’s probably given more cash to charity than anyone else in history, but he’s a hate figure for conspiracy theorists.

11 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

The man’s probably given more cash to charity than anyone else in history, but he’s a hate figure for conspiracy theorists.

He said he was going to give all his money away a decade ago. In ten years his wealth has doubled. 

All of his charitable donations (and this goes for every billionaire) are designed to increase their political influence and thereby increase their wealth further. 

Edited by Detournement