The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

37 minutes ago, Anonapersona said:

There was always some talk about him going on somewhere, whether at work or with friends. Now it's crickets.

Hopefully he'll just fade away and die a lonely man.

That's because he has been cancelled by the media and tech companies. 

Regardless of what happens to Trump the culture war stuff isn't going away. The Republicans have Q and The Steal and the Democrats have Russiagate and sedition. It's going to be a long time if ever before American politics operates on the plane of reality. 

3 minutes ago, Detournement said:

That's because he has been cancelled by the media and tech companies. 

Regardless of what happens to Trump the culture war stuff isn't going away. The Republicans have Q and The Steal and the Democrats have Russiagate and sedition. It's going to be a long time if ever before American politics operates on the plane of reality. 

We'll revisit this in a few years :)

Nothing will surprise me either way.

What the fùck is it with American politicians and their fake tears.  Just seen one of the Dems supposedly crying as he recalls Trump’s words prior to the riot.
If they’re going to do this at least take some acting lessons so it doesn’t look so false.
I think they said that his daughter had died earlier that day

4 hours ago, jakedee said:
5 hours ago, Granny Danger said:
What the fùck is it with American politicians and their fake tears.  Just seen one of the Dems supposedly crying as he recalls Trump’s words prior to the riot.
If they’re going to do this at least take some acting lessons so it doesn’t look so false.

Did not know that, have deleted the post.

4 hours ago, jakedee said:
5 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

If you mean Jamie Raskin, he'd buried his son the day before. Took his own life aged 25. Couple of weeks later he'd co-written the Articles of Impeachment. Fair to say that this one's fairly meaningful to him. He has much more strength than me not to have physically bounced the likes of Paul, Cruz, Rubio and Hawley off every fucking wall of the Chamber. 

8 hours ago, BFTD said:

Wonder what Trumpy boy would've had to say about the suicide of the congressman's son if he still had his social media accounts.

Never mind, I can guess.

Aye, "weak" and "loser". Him being a sociopathic arsehole and all.

Trump's defence is up now and it's absolutely wild.  It's just all whataboutery and weird video montages including Madonna and Johnny Depp!  

Edit - They're now showing a montage of Democrats saying the word 'fight'.  It's gone on for about ten minutes!

Edited by Highland Capital

1 hour ago, Highland Capital said:

Trump's defence is up now and it's absolutely wild.  It's just all whataboutery and weird video montages including Madonna and Johnny Depp!  

Edit - They're now showing a montage of Democrats saying the word 'fight'.  It's gone on for about ten minutes!

I'm amazed they bothered at all TBH.

He must surely have been tempted to submit a video of himself playing the bongos on his buttcheeks while making farty noises. It would make no difference.

2 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

I love the way that they’re ignoring the fact that Trump’s behaviour is completely different to the 44 Presidents who preceded him.  And not in a good way.

11 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Trump's acquittal will give a green light for every future US election, national or state to be aggressively and falsely challenged. The Republicans will call fear over justice here, a decision I hope will result in the rapid splintering of the US political right.

Seven Republicans voting in favour of impeachment is better than I had hoped for.  As you say a splinter in the right would be good.  Given how tight politics is in the US all that is needed is for 5-10% of Republican voters to become disillusioned or hand the Dems a massive advantage.

If ‘moderate’ (never Trump) Republicans are deselected for 2022 then it will spur on such a split imo.

Some absolutely batshit mental stuff from the final few days of the Trump presidency detailed here with Powell and her crew of lunatics trying to convince Trump to seize Dominion voting machines with force.

https://www.axios.com/trump-oval-office-meeting-sidney-powell-a8e1e466-2e42-42d0-9cf1-26eb267f8723.html

It's a long read but worth it to see the kind of mentalists he surrounded himself with.