The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

12 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I doubt anyone will kill anyone based on his blog being reported on a Scottish football forum. Somebody might kill someone based on him creating a blog which a few on here seem to think is great news because "bantz".

So then it is virtue signalling in this instance your honour. Case closed. 

I don't think he's that good a poster though. He's very prolific so will inevitably have some hits but most of it's just whining and bitching about other bouffant wearing US political types. 

If he stays down it will be quite funny through schadenfreude, but if he gets significant influence back it will be less so. 

1 minute ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

You should really leave adult discussion to adults, wee man. You're really not equipped for debate. 

Are you vertically challenged as well as socially? 

Just now, WhiteRoseKillie said:

I'm guessing his empowerment of racist trailer-dwellers was a factor in the death of Heather Heyer, for a start. 

Sorry, guessing is not what I was looking for, but thank you. 

Trump is a despicable piece of shit, obviously. But the failure of many to recognize that he is not:

1 - uniquely so

2 - a symptom of the general state of US culture and politics rather than a cause of it

in spite of the last few years is crazy. 

You could also argue that if he succeeds in what seems to be his current goal of keeping Liz Cheney out (even if it is out of spite) then he could save many lives by keeping a warmonger out of congress, so if we're basing posting quality on outcomes then great job, yes?

16 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Sorry, guessing is not what I was looking for, but thank you. 

Trump is a despicable piece of shit, obviously. But the failure of many to recognize that he is not:

1 - uniquely so

2 - a symptom of the general state of US culture and politics rather than a cause of it

in spite of the last few years is crazy. 

You could also argue that if he succeeds in what seems to be his current goal of keeping Liz Cheney out (even if it is out of spite) then he could save many lives by keeping a warmonger out of congress, so if we're basing posting quality on outcomes then great job, yes?

Apologies, too much subtlety obviously. For "guessing", read, "stating as an absolutely obvious consequence".

Nobody, as far as I know, is saying that Trump is unique - far from it. What is unique is the society that continues to look at him (and our own Poundland version), and thinks, "Oh yes, this sociopathic, narcissist member of the elite (societal or (perceived) financial) is the man who's going to make my life worthwhile*". 

Treating his continuous spouting of (let's be clear) misogynistic, racist, homophobic and downright fucking stupid shite as in anyway relevant, even as a source of amusement**, simply encourages him and in turn empowers his supporters who may not have the same high profile but are just as dangerous. 

*"Or, at the very least, make life absolutely shite for others who, ideally, don't look like me".

**A click's a click, for a' that. 

1 hour ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Who died as a result of his posting?

Did you not watch the news earlier this year? The Great Lie, spread in part by Trump on social media, led to a storming of Congress and some people died. More people will most likely die while he, and revolting acolytes like Cruz and Giuliani, keep up the dangerous pretence.

His blog is dangerous, just as his Tweets were.

3 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Did you not watch the news earlier this year? The Great Lie, spread in part by Trump on social media, led to a storming of Congress and some people died. More people will most likely die while he, and revolting acolytes like Cruz and Giuliani, keep up the dangerous pretence.

His blog is dangerous, just as his Tweets were.

Of course I watched the news earlier this year. I'm glad you've found your big bad and everything but if it's all the same to you I'll continue to find a giant child making his aides set up a blog where he can post ersatz twitter posts making fun of Liz Cheney funny

13 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Can't think of a more virtue signalling stance than trying to argue against Trump's ability as a poster. Was top notch from start to finish on Twitter dot com.

100%. Was the greatest shitposter in the history of social media. No doubt about it.

C4GOp5aXUAI33fV.jpg

5 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Of course I watched the news earlier this year. I'm glad you've found your big bad and everything but if it's all the same to you I'll continue to find a giant child making his aides set up a blog where he can post ersatz twitter posts making fun of Liz Cheney funny

Knock yourself out. Hopefully nobody dies this time.

18 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Only right wing imbeciles accuse people of virtue signalling. Case closed.

The guy that accused you isn't exactly right wing though is he? 

I saw his post, you refuted it on the basis people were impacted by his words but then you also concluded that his words won't have an impact on here so by defintion you were actually virtue signalling. Nothing to do with me or my views, just calling it how I see it. 

Ah man, now I’m going through all the classics again:

EFVWUFiUcAAJdmx?format=jpg&name=medium

Just imagine being President and dunking on someone like Greta Thunberg. It’s incredible commitment to the brand that none of us could match.

12 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

The guy that accused you isn't exactly right wing though is he? 

I saw his post, you refuted it on the basis people were impacted by his words but then you also concluded that his words won't have an impact on here so by defintion you were actually virtue signalling. Nothing to do with me or my views, just calling it how I see it. 

My argument is that Trump's views are inflammatory and led to people being killed.

Him starting a blog spreading the same lies is therefore a Bad Thing as it may result in more people dying. Given that potential, I don't see the creation of the blog as any reason to rejoice as some do on here.

Feel free to dispute either part of the argument, or just hide behind tedious buzz phrases you learned from other right wing idiots on the internet as usual. Go on, throw a "snowflake" at me, you'll feel better.

People do realise that folk think Trumps Twitter is funny in spite of him yeah?

It just so happened that his oafishness manifested itself into incredible content.

People can be solemn about it if they want to be, but f**k living that life lol

17 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

My argument is that Trump's views are inflammatory and led to people being killed.

Him starting a blog spreading the same lies is therefore a Bad Thing as it may result in more people dying. Given that potential, I don't see the creation of the blog as any reason to rejoice as some do on here.

Feel free to dispute either part of the argument, or just hide behind tedious buzz phrases you learned from other right wing idiots on the internet as usual. Go on, throw a "snowflake" at me, you'll feel better.

Nobody's denying any of the above. The idea you think I'm arguing against the idea Trump is an inflammatory idiot is a complete sidestep. I'm merely supporting the point you were virtue signalling. 

A left wing poster said you were virtue signalling over people having a laugh on this football forum, you denied it even though you were doing that. Your rants about right wing stuff and snowflake patter is a bit defensive and completely irrelevant.

Edited by Stormzy