The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

Why is it that the country that bangs on most about equality is the one who openly makes a mockery of it constantly?

What difference does it make to the present investigation that Flynn is a former decorated soldier?  Does that mean he should be treated differently to someone who hasn't served in the military?

11 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Why is it that the country that bangs on most about equality is the one who openly makes a mockery of it constantly?

What difference does it make to the present investigation that Flynn is a former decorated soldier?  Does that mean he should be treated differently to someone who hasn't served in the military?

Considering the partriotic hero unionflagwank over Marine A, then over here yes, that's exactly what that means and we can't judge either.

Edited by williemillersmoustache

3 hours ago, harry94 said:

No. It come from his lawyer who said it in the letter you have quoted (the last line). It isn't an 'unnamed official with knowledge of the matter'.

Seeking immunity means there is a fear of criminal prosecution for which one could be convicted of. He's a disgraced National Security Advisor who was just fired for a legally dubious pledge to Russia and then trying a cover up and officially lying to the VP. In the past, he's been fired from another administration and gained a reputation for constant lies and being untrustworthy. The time between this was spent taking money from foreign governments with particular issues and he has rushed legally to declare himself a 'foreign agent' during part of the transition a few weeks ago. There's a ridiculous amount on him at this stage and it's well beyond the stage of explaining away. It is more the fact that he's a fucking crook than it being some sort of witch hunt that means he needs legal protection.

If you really think that the context makes this seem quite reasonable on his behalf, I have a Nigerian Prince who would like to have a word with you.

The WaPo cited unnamed officials with knowledge of the matter as their source. The lawyer's letter doesn't explicitly state he requested immunity.

I think it's more than reasonable for him to call it a politically-driven witch hunt. That's not to say he hasn't behaved inappropriately or illegally, but you could dig up all the dirt you like on just about anyone on any side - they all get a free pass until it serves an agenda to go after them.

Tbh I tend to tune out of the constant 'revelations' in the Trump/Russia allegations. I believe it's a massive red herring and a monumental waste of time and resources. The ongoing investigations are only trying to find evidence to support conclusions they made at the beginning.

53 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

The WaPo cited unnamed officials with knowledge of the matter as their source. The lawyer's letter doesn't explicitly state he requested immunity.

I think it's more than reasonable for him to call it a politically-driven witch hunt. That's not to say he hasn't behaved inappropriately or illegally, but you could dig up all the dirt you like on just about anyone on any side - they all get a free pass until it serves an agenda to go after them.

Tbh I tend to tune out of the constant 'revelations' in the Trump/Russia allegations. I believe it's a massive red herring and a monumental waste of time and resources. The ongoing investigations are only trying to find evidence to support conclusions they made at the beginning.

'assurances from unfair prosecution' is lawyer talk for immunity. Immunity is the definition of assurances from prosecution.

Why didn't Hillary Clinton ever seek immunity for Benghazi? That was a scenario that was highly politically motivated with a committee formed by the opposition and the knowledge that she was likely a presidential candidate in a few years. Flynn will be testifying to his own party who have tried everything to obstruct things so far and paint the administration as transparent.

I don't know what will turn up but there's a dead body trail and pretty worrying revelations with a substantial amount of the dossier being proven since it's release which prompts further questions. Surely that's worth investigating?

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Probably the worst possible result for him.  The fact that he was seeking immunity will always hang over him, more so given his past comments on the subject.

I have a vision of all these swamp creatures who have been drained out sitting on the edge with confused expressions going "they got rid of us for these kunts?

32 minutes ago, harry94 said:

'assurances from unfair prosecution' is lawyer talk for immunity. Immunity is the definition of assurances from prosecution.

Why didn't Hillary Clinton ever seek immunity for Benghazi? That was a scenario that was highly politically motivated with a committee formed by the opposition and the knowledge that she was likely a presidential candidate in a few years. Flynn will be testifying to his own party who have tried everything to obstruct things so far and paint the administration as transparent.

I don't know what will turn up but there's a dead body trail and pretty worrying revelations with a substantial amount of the dossier being proven since it's release which prompts further questions. Surely that's worth investigating?

I suspect the ongoing investigations will turn up further instances of people talking to "the Russians" without anything of substance being uncovered, but enough for people to proclaim they have 'high confidence' in their findings and perpetuate the delegitimising of Trump (who I'm not trying to defend - he's a disaster).

The whole thing has been a farce from the start. The supposed evidence of Russian hacking of the DNC went from medium confidence to high confidence due to something which has since been proven false (links to Ukrainian military hacks). And the cyber security firm who published the report, Crowdstrike, (after the DNC denied the FBI access for some reason) was founded by a senior fellow of the Atlantic Council which is funded by (among others) the State Department, The Ukrainian World Congress, Latvia, Lithuania, Lockheed Martin, Northropp Grumman, Raytheon, etc. So not exactly a politically-neutral arbiter.

Wasn't that dossier completely unverified and a bit of a minter to the outlets that ran with it?  (Buzzfeed etc)

12 hours ago, mjw said:

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/03/27/us/refugees-jobs-drug-testing/

Rust belt employers having to hire refugees because they can't get enough American workers to pass a drugs test.
#maga

A couple of wee snippets for folk who may not want to read the whole thing.

One oil and trucking company in Colorado did random drug screening at one of their locations last year and found 80 percent of their employees failed, Fay said. (Colorado's Supreme Court has ruled that companies may fire employees who smoke pot, even if legally.)

"In the Sunday newspaper there was a four- or five-page spread for employment advertisements and almost every one of them said, 'Must pass a background check and a drug screen.' So there's a lot of people who are unemployed as a result," said Amanda Milleren, a drug-addiction counselor at Cove Forge Behavioral Health System in Erie.

All together now - USA, USA, USA...