The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

That's an incredible generous take. Either way though it's completely abhorrent. He's the President of the United States.

If I knew how to upload videos I'd find it. He's an absolute cretin but he clearly did a similar arms gesture and fake robotic voice for other people (who were not disabled).

It's like the 'bigly' thing. In videos from years ago he clearly uses the term 'big leagues' (as in the baseball term). Over time the way he said it morphed into 'bigly'. Some folk genuinely think he's so stupid that he thinks 'bigly' is a word. It's partly this underestimation of him that allowed him to fucking win the thing.

No he didn't. That flailing arms motion is what he does whenever he wants to show that an opponent is scrambling.

He's a c**t of the highest order but he wasn't guilty of that charge (imo, obvs).

That's almost word for word how Banana and his wee gang defended it at the time.
I've seen no evidence of Trump apologising to the disabled journalist so I remain unconvinced.(IMO obviously)

On 2017/06/02 at 12:46, Stauner said:

Takes 4 years to leave the Paris accord, Trump will be out by then, fake news

It's been a while since an incumbent president lost re-election, so I would take nothing for granted on that. Most Republicans probably would have pulled out of the Paris Accord, if they had been in Trump's position. This isn't an issue where he is hugely out of synch with either his party or public opinion in the United States.

That's almost word for word how Banana and his wee gang defended it at the time.

I've seen no evidence of Trump apologising to the disabled journalist so I remain unconvinced.(IMO obviously)

Why would he apologise if he didn't think he did anything wrong?

Banana called me a 'mangina' and we argued over almost every topic. I'm a green voting left wing liberal and he hates every inch of my politics.

I can assure you though, that if you do a bit of research into this you'll see that he made that gesture quite a lot.

Edit: if you google 'did trump mock a disabled journalist' there's a video that lasts 3:31 that shows all the other times he used that gesture.

I have less of a issue with her "joke" and a real big issue with her trying to turn this around and make herself the victim of Trump. You cant pose a picture like you are beheading someone then try to play the victim, she is totally full of shit.

"Today its me, tomorrow it could be you" f**k up hen. 

5 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Is this Qatar nonsense going to be a final straw? All seems a bit mental on his part. Surely the military can't be happy with his stance?

Just what I was going to post, endangering 8 thousand US military personnel and the biggest US military asset in the Middle East by a tweet could be a step to far. If this isn't it, sometime soon he's going to do something to make his main Cabinet members resign and finally get the Republicans to get rid, or put him incommunicado on one of his golf courses in a straight jacket while that vile toady Pence runs things.

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Just what I was going to post, endangering 8 thousand US military personnel and the biggest US military asset in the Middle East by a tweet could be a step to far. If this isn't it, sometime soon he's going to do something to make his main Cabinet members resign and finally get the Republicans to get rid, or put him incommunicado on one of his golf courses in a straight jacket while that vile toady Pence runs things.

I know he was already a loose cannon, but is there a single person in the administration that are with him on this? It seems he is incapable of looking at the bigger picture. Diplomacy and leadership you'd expect from a 10 year old.

ETA: There's obviously kickbacks involved so he, personally, doesn't give a f**k about actually doing his job.

Edited by Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo

18 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

I know he was already a loose cannon, but is there a single person in the administration that are with him on this? It seems he is incapable of looking at the bigger picture. Diplomacy and leadership you'd expect from a 10 year old.

Qatar is a weird one. They have definitely being supporting extremists in Syria almost as much as Saudi Arabia, and have had conversations with the likes of Hamas, the Taliban and the Muslim Brotherhood, mainly in the form of mediation but also offering sanctuary and in some cases money. They've also got about the only reasonably objective TV broadcaster in the Middle East. But the reason for the kerfuffle is that they've been talking to Iran, the Sunni/Saudi v Shia/Iran civil war being the root of every conflict in the region, and responsible more than anything for IS. Trump for whatever reason seemed to want to side with the Sunnis against the Shia, blaming Iran for most of the terrorism when it's been almost exclusively Sunni. I don't think there's any logic involved actually, the Saudis let him wave a sword around and plastered his face all over Riyadh, they own him now.

Edited by welshbairn

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Qatar is a weird one. They have definitely being supporting extremists in Syria almost as much as Saudi Arabia, and have had conversations with the likes of Hamas, the Taliban and the Muslim Brotherhood, mainly in the form of mediation but also offering sanctuary and in some cases money. They've also got about the only reasonably objective TV broadcaster in the Middle East. But the reason for the kerfuffle is that they've been talking to Iran, the Sunni/Saudi v Shia/Saudi civil war being the root of every conflict in the region, and responsible more than anything for IS. Trump for whatever reason seemed to want to side with the Sunnis against the Shia, blaming Iran for most of the terrorism when it's been almost exclusively Sunni. I don't think there's any logic involved actually, the Saudis let him wave a sword around and plastered his face all over Riyadh, they own him now.

I'm guessing they've promised him a big wad of cash. Or he's trying to manoeuvre the 2022 World Cup to the States. Possibly.

9 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

I'm guessing they've promised him a big wad of cash. Or he's trying to manoeuvre the 2022 World Cup to the States. Possibly.

He claimed about $300 billion for American arms exports which was a huge exaggeration. No doubt a wee hotel or golf course deal was slipped in, or a bail out of one of his debts.

19 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Qatar is a weird one. They have definitely being supporting extremists in Syria almost as much as Saudi Arabia, and have had conversations with the likes of Hamas, the Taliban and the Muslim Brotherhood, mainly in the form of mediation but also offering sanctuary and in some cases money. They've also got about the only reasonably objective TV broadcaster in the Middle East. But the reason for the kerfuffle is that they've been talking to Iran, the Sunni/Saudi v Shia/Iran civil war being the root of every conflict in the region, and responsible more than anything for IS. Trump for whatever reason seemed to want to side with the Sunnis against the Shia, blaming Iran for most of the terrorism when it's been almost exclusively Sunni. I don't think there's any logic involved actually, the Saudis let him wave a sword around and plastered his face all over Riyadh, they own him now.

This isn't the first time Qatar has been treated like this, it also happened in 2014 which was obviously before Trump was involved.  It appears that they are supporting the wrong terrorists and KSA is not amused.  Rather rich of Bahrain to join this given that they terrorise their own citizens.

3 minutes ago, strichener said:

This isn't the first time Qatar has been treated like this, it also happened in 2014 which was obviously before Trump was involved.  It appears that they are supporting the wrong terrorists and KSA is not amused.  Rather rich of Bahrain to join this given that they terrorise their own citizens.

Protests daily in Bahrain,so my driver told me on a recent visit.Easily spotted by the black smoke and the "road closed" signs with coppers diverting the traffic away from the area