The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

32 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

I've got lots of American relatives, and it's always a bit weird visiting. The warmest, friendliest people I've ever met were the people I met when I was staying in Georgia. I'd go to people's houses, they'd make me feel like one of the family, and then occasionally discussions would get political, and they'd come out with views that most Europeans would find completely insane.

Europeans maybe. 51.9% of British people would probably agree with them.

18 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

On what basis?  Unpopularity, crassness and incompetence are not grounds for impeachment.  They are grounds for voting out, but that's not for another three years.  Short of the investigation turning up something seriously scandalous, he's not going to be impeached, which would be the first step in him leaving office.  

If his Republican support drops significantly the GOP will dump him like a shot, they'd be far happier with Pence, slippery evil toad that he is. They'll wait till he tweets something that puts people, maybe the military, at risk and declare him unfit for office. Either that or the men in white coats will take him away. He's still on 79% support amongst Republicans though, down from 91%. Republicans are incredibly thick. The guy who wrote "The Art of the Deal" for him thinks he'll stand down voluntarily before the end of the year saying he tried to do what he promised but the Washington swamp, both parties, made it impossible, and start a TV station and maybe a new party. Of course he could get done for money laundering for the Russians in the meantime.

Every American person I've ever met has been very pleasant, friendly and polite, but the country as a whole is absolutely bonkers. I'm going there later this year to hire a car for a mini road trip, which going by The Progressive Liberal's warning earlier I'll be lucky to survive.

3 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

Every American person I've ever met has been very pleasant, friendly and polite, but the country as a whole is absolutely bonkers. I'm going there later this year to hire a car for a mini road trip, which going by The Progressive Liberal's warning earlier I'll be lucky to survive.

Don't joke with anyone about anything, especially about politics or religion, they'll almost certainly blow your head off.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Don't joke with anyone about anything, especially about politics or religion, they'll almost certainly blow your head off.

Judging by the last time I was over there, nobody will have a clue what I'm saying anyway.

I'm more worried about the fact that driving a car is apparently more dangerous than being surrounded by lunatics with assault rifles. 

2 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

Judging by the last time I was over there, nobody will have a clue what I'm saying anyway.

I'm more worried about the fact that driving a car is apparently more dangerous than being surrounded by lunatics with assault rifles. 

Heard they don't bother indicating when changing lanes which is a bit of a worry.

14 minutes ago, mjw said:

Bannon out now.

This is unquestionably good news.  One other (presumably Gorka) out as well. Purge of the savage right.

Edited by Savage Henry
Adding extra names to the list of sackings.

9 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

This is unquestionably good news.  One other (presumably Gorka) out as well. Purge of the savage right.

Gorka's a joke. Well rid, but I'd rather Stephen Miller got garroted, he's more dangerous.

12 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Gorka's a joke. Well rid, but I'd rather Stephen Miller got garroted, he's more dangerous.

That's a fair point.  Either way, whichever one of them remains will be increasingly isolated.

34 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

Mini road trip in America?  Need to get my head around that.  Some Americans would say "mini road trip" describes Land's End to John O Groats

Edited by Fullerene

I hesitate to back Bannon or support Trump's Fake News accusation about CNN, but they're saying that the reason he got fired was for saying that Trump and Kim were blundering fools leading us into nuclear war. He didn't say that, it was the journalist he talked to last week.

4 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Mini road trip in America?  Need to get my head around that.  Some Americans would say "mini road trip" describes Land's End to John O Groats

Aye just a mini one on a US scale, San Francisco to Vegas with a few detours in between. Looking forward to the political banter with the locals in the truck stops.

It's beginning to sound like a mini coup by General Kelly. I could see Trump getting locked into the Oval Office and a fake Twitter and cable news world set up for him. 

59972377ce4f2_trumpadvisers.JPG.89592438f20e69fc36718834e0c6f4a6.JPG

trump advisers.JPG

Edited by welshbairn

12 hours ago, Antiochas III said:

The slave owning General won the War.  The commander who bought then educated and released slaves died before the end of the war. 

What next Mount Rushmore? The disbandment of the Democrat Party? The burning of the $ Bills?

I'd just like to state my appreciation of someone with a Washington Redskins logo in their signature making this equivalence.