The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

But wasn't Streep right?

BBC - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-38556030

"Streep told the Golden Globes audience in Beverly Hills on Sunday as she picked up the Cecil B DeMille award: "You and all of us in this room really belong to the most vilified segments in American society right now. "Think about it, Hollywood, foreigners, and the press."

Poor old Hollywood luvvies (in their big mansions) and the media are the most vilified people in American society? Pathetic!

1 minute ago, Bishop Briggs said:

"Streep told the Golden Globes audience in Beverly Hills on Sunday as she picked up the Cecil B DeMille award: "You and all of us in this room really belong to the most vilified segments in American society right now. "Think about it, Hollywood, foreigners, and the press."

Poor old Hollywood luvvies (in their big mansions) and the media are the most vilified people in American society? Pathetic!

I think she was referring to the "Good ole boys" who are Trump's cheerleaders?  No?

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

I think she was referring to the "Good ole boys" who are Trump's cheerleaders?  No?

Can they make the privileged audience, Hollywood and the media the most vilified segments in American society? I don't think so.

As I posted earlier, Streep is a prominent Democrat donor and Clinton supporter. She seems to be obsessed with Trump, even impersonating him on stage. 

Streep has done this before. She used her speech at the 2004 Golden Globes awards to attack George W. Bush. 

18 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

It was meant as humour.

5 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Can they make the privileged audience, Hollywood and the media the most vilified segments in American society? I don't think so.

As I posted earlier, Streep is a prominent Democrat donor and Clinton supporter. She seems to be obsessed with Trump, even impersonating him on stage. 

Streep has done this before. She used her speech at the 2004 Golden Globes awards to attack George W. Bush. 

True, of course, but hasn't she a point?

1 hour ago, Bishop Briggs said:

She has a point on immigration. It's the sanctimonious tone, the over-bearing sense of moral superiority and playing the victim that I can't stand. 

If you feel no sense of moral superiority over Trump you should probably walk naked into the hills when the snow comes, for evolution's sake. I thought it was the angry Trump voting wimps playing the victim card?

Edited by welshbairn

Why wouldn't she be "obsessed" with Trump? She's an American citizen and he's the President-Elect.

8 hours ago, Shades75 said:

I think it's more significant that Trump has allowed himself to be baited, again.

Surely it'd be helpful, to himself as much as everyone else, to grow a thicker skin.

I don't want him to grow a thicker skin.  I want him to continue to rise to the bait, I eventually want him to snap.

FWIW I think he will continue to rise to the bait regardless of what anyone wants.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

I don't want him to grow a thicker skin.  I want him to continue to rise to the bait, I eventually want him to snap.

FWIW I think he will continue to rise to the bait regardless of what anyone wants.

I'm worried what could happen if he snaps.

I sincerely want to be completely and utterly wrong about him on almost every level.

8 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

She has a point on immigration. It's the sanctimonious tone, the over-bearing sense of moral superiority and playing the victim that I can't stand. 

She doesn't really have a point on immigration. Very, very few of Trump voters want all immigration shut down. What we want is low skilled immigration mostly shut down and the percentages of foreigners living here to be less than 15%, instead of moving up to 25% as it's projected under the current rules. Nobody is against foreign actors and media folks. What a ridiculous point she was making.

The problem with Hollywood folks is that they don't actually want to live under the policies they promote. They send their kids to mostly white and Asian elite private schools. They have armed guards. They want to drive up our costs and take away good jobs in the name of green energy, and then they will fly a private jet for two days of partying in Europe. f**k em.

Edited by Deplorable

7 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I am seriously considering putting a wee flutter on Trump not lasting a full presidential term.

a. He gets impeached.

b. He dies of natural causes in office.

c. He gets assassinated by some nutjob.

d. He resigns because he's bored with the job.

My money would be on d.

If he did get bored, he'd probably just delegate everything. I can't imagine him resigning.