The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

10 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

So Meryl Streep, who addressed the 2016 Democratic National Convention and campaigned for Hillary Clinton, attacks President Trump. 

Why is that supposed to be significant? It's just sour grapes from a sore and bad loser looking for cheap headlines. 

Wondering why exactly a multiple Oscar winner is looking for headlines aside, why are you outraged at this? Person who didn't want Trump to win criticises Trump after he won. And?

13 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

That is an Alex Jonesesque conspirational batshit style video.

Trump is now about to be president. The video does nothing to convince that he is not a roaster.

1. It showed several times where he made similar arm motions and used the same voice when imitating people who he was accusing of the exact same thing as the reporter. There are other videos going back decades of Trump making same motions in the same context.

2. It showed how the reporter is not spastic and his disability keeps his arms from moving at all. If Trump truly remembered him and was trying to mock his disability he did not produce anything close to an accurate representation.

3. Trump claimed to not remember the guy. The reporter says he met Trump multiple times. The video notes that it seems like the last meeting was over two decades ago. It's reasonable that Trump did not make the connection.

At the very least you have to grant that Trump may be telling the truth on this. His story fits the available evidence. You can't 100% say that he was mocking the reporter's disability.

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I am seriously considering putting a wee flutter on Trump not lasting a full presidential term.

a. He gets impeached.

b. He dies of natural causes in office.

c. He gets assassinated by some nutjob.

d. He resigns because he's bored with the job.

My money would be on d.

^ Option C is more likely. Reagan survived an assassination attempt.

Trump will love the power and trappings of office but he could have problems with Congress, even with the Republicans in control.

7 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I get that it's internet cool to try and be dismissive, but millions and millions of people have seen videos like the one I posted. If you don't acknowledge evidence that points the other way in order to push a certain narrative, you just ensure that people won't take you seriously. It's a problem for both the mainstream media and Hollywood celebrities as they seek to battle Trump. Hopefully they keep it up.

1 minute ago, Deplorable said:

I get that it's internet cool to try and be dismissive, but millions and millions of people have seen videos like the one I posted. If you don't acknowledge evidence that points the other way in order to push a certain narrative, you just ensure that people won't take you seriously. It's a problem for both the mainstream media and Hollywood celebrities as they seek to battle Trump. Hopefully they keep it up.

Persuading people that he lied about seeing thousands of Muslims in New Jersey cheering 9/11 is not the way to convince them that he didn't try to humiliate a disabled reporter. I honestly don't see why you posted that video.

9 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

If Banana got any further up Trump's arse he'd have a tonsil in each lughole.

Misread, but you seem upset :o

8 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

His whole act is just an exaggeration since he got outed as a sexist dick a while back. I doubt he gives two fucks about Trump.

Closer on the Trump thing than DTED, so congrats.

That's something like the fifth time in a few months some P&B weirdo has said something like your first sentence completely out of the blue in an unrelated topic, without clarification when I've asked. Clarify please, Randy. Thank you.

And also doesn't detract that everyone seen with their own eyes what he was accused of. As much as people want to attack his detractors rather than address the attacks themselves.

I am on the opposite side from deplorable in almost every conceivable topic but am convinced he's right here.

Trump does that very impression anytime he wants to mock an opponent. It's childish and embarrassing - but he has done it many times.

4 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

Where does he get that expression from? The fact that he uses it so much shouldn't be used as a form of defence. If anything, it's even more reason to attack.

Quite. What's the basis of the impression? What is he impersonating? 

Oh that's right, he's mocking the disabled and trying to claim he mocks folk who aren't disabled in this way, does not make it fine. 

9 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I am seriously considering putting a wee flutter on Trump not lasting a full presidential term.

a. He gets impeached.

b. He dies of natural causes in office.

c. He gets assassinated by some nutjob.

d. He resigns because he's bored with the job.

My money would be on d.

I am very unhappy with the term 'nutjob' in option c.

3 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Quite. What's the basis of the impression? What is he impersonating? 

Oh that's right, he's mocking the disabled and trying to claim he mocks folk who aren't disabled in this way, does not make it fine. 

Yeah, here's the guy who will be U.S. President in 10 days time.  The fact that he mocks anyone with gestures like this will disgust all right minded folk.

42 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

In the context of a football forum, Trump supporters are like Old Firm fans. They simply will not hear a word said against the man regardless of how cretinous his behaviour.

It's a fair comparison, though most of us know an old firm fan IRL who is not a complete zoomer.  Can't imagine that would apply to many Trump supporters.