The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

8 hours ago, JamieThomas said:

Voted  in heavy numbers to end support for the Saudis in Yemen today. Wee Lindsay Graham voting against his big orange pal is bound to make tonight's bedtime kiss frosty.

It seems more like a gesture than a genuine attempt to wind down the killing and end arms sales but hopefully it will shame our craven parliamemt into some sort of action.

One of the problems that a lot of people like myself — we have very high levels of intelligence, but we’re not necessarily such believers. You look at our air and our water, and it’s right now at a record clean... and when you’re talking about an atmosphere, oceans are very small. And it blows over and it sails over.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/11/27/president-trumps-full-washington-post-interview-transcript-annotated/?utm_term=.d35be0181c66

Very stable genius.

12 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Politico have a story written by an anonymous CIA agent saying if the Manafort/Assange story is false then it's Russia's fault.

You are now entering the Twilight Zone.

Bullshit story, I'd agree, but she's hardly anonymous.

https://alexzfinley.com/

1 hour ago, killiefan27 said:

Tbf to him it's the first time I've actually made a point of reading a politician's transcripts when they're posted. It's like poetry.

15 minutes ago, Detournement said:

That's a nom de plume.

Well her tradecraft must be getting a bit rusty, she's not shy of putting her picture out there. She's all over Youtube as well.

687.jpg 

Alex Finley is a former officer of the CIA’s Directorate of Operations, where she served in West Africa and Europe. Before becoming a bureaucrat living large off the system, she chased puffy white men around Washington DC as a member of the wild dog pack better known as the Washington media elite. Her writing has appeared in Slate, Reductress, Funny or Die, POLITICO, and other publications. She has spoken to C-SPAN’s Washington Journal, CBC’s The National, Sirius XM’s Yahoo! Politics, The Cipher Brief, the Spy Museum’s SpyCast, and numerous other media outlets. She is the author of Victor in the Rubble, a satire about the CIA and the War on Terror.

Edited by welshbairn

14 minutes ago, Detournement said:

As ever the lesson is actually read the articles rather than just the headlines

That's like saying Michael Caine is anonymous. Anyway that's my ration of pedantry used up for the day.

Edited by welshbairn

All the talk of a witch hunt (sorry, Witch Hunt) just reminds me of my favourite mad Trump cartoon, which is based entirely on a misunderstanding of what a witch hunt was
StupidWitchHunt-thumb-700x501-179464.jpg.d429173a6ce8be6e80948a383f16112d.jpg

Such bad art. Trump is guilty of a lot of things, but the bad art he’s inspired is right up there.