The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

I read that earlier.

It's classic conspiracy theory stuff. Listing loads of details and implying they are connected without actually providing the connections. Apparently a dodgy businessman recommending to Trump's lawyer toc onsider offering Putin a condo in a tower which was never built or even designed is going to be a legal problem for Trump......

Our president steals from poor people: that’s what that lawsuit is about.

Your entire economy is based on stealing from poor people! Your country is literally stolen. Russiagate nutters make the FBPE Meltdom look rational.

5 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Mueller has recommended Michael Flynn receive no jail time, in return for his cooperation in ongoing investigations. They had 19 face to face meetings, in which Flynn has provided valuable information.

It’s popcorn time.

That's a shame. After all his rabid chanting about locking her up it would have been nice to see Flynn behind bars.

5 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Mueller has recommended Michael Flynn receive no jail time, in return for his cooperation in ongoing investigations. They had 19 face to face meetings, in which Flynn has provided valuable information.

It’s popcorn time.

That seems to be the take - outside the insane Fox News/Infowars axis of dumbness.  Flynn's singing like a canary.  You do have to remember that what he's so far been charged with carries a 0-6 month sentence, though.  

3 minutes ago, RiG said:

Piss weak "a source told us" stuff here but still believable given how incredibly dense Trump is.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-on-coming-debt-crisis-i-wont-be-here-when-it-blows-up

I remember him saying in the campaign that America should do the same as he did in business when he had an unsustainable debt, tell the banks to either write off part of his debt or they'd get nothing as he'd declare bankruptcy. Not sure what tanking bond prices would do to the economy. He ended up having to deal with foreign banks like Deutsche Bank as none of the American ones would have anything to do with him.

33 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Ameria can't go bankrupt. It's logically impossible.

He wasn't suggesting that literally, just that they could refuse to honour all their debt and their debtors could do nothing about it. It's the Trump way.

1 minute ago, Suspect Device said:

It's an old saying that if you owe the bank £100 it's your problem but if you owe it £100m it's the banks problem.

This is Trump's philosophy in a nutshell. Always has been. 

You've got to admire the sociopath.

Bet you wish you shared the same philosophy. I know I do.

1 hour ago, BawWatchin said:

Bet you wish you shared the same philosophy. I know I do.

Not in the slightest.

Some b*****d has to pay and it won't be the banks or the rich. It will be the usual poor fuckers who will get screwed. You only need to look at the 2008 crash for proof.

58 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Not in the slightest.

Some b*****d has to pay and it won't be the banks or the rich. It will be the usual poor fuckers who will get screwed. You only need to look at the 2008 crash for proof.

So what would you rather be. The rich who aren't paying for it, or one of the usual poor fuckers who will get screwed? greggy.png

1 minute ago, BawWatchin said:

So what would you rather be. The rich who aren't paying for it, or one of the usual poor fuckers who will get screwed? greggy.png

I'm not paying for it. I've done pretty well since 2008 because I've got a bit of money. That's partly my point. The people with less money got screwed by austerity and the QE just helped the folk with cash to invest in the markets.  Hardly fair is it?

1 minute ago, Suspect Device said:

I'm not paying for it. I've done pretty well since 2008 because I've got a bit of money. That's partly my point. The people with less money got screwed by austerity and the QE just helped the folk with cash to invest in the markets.  Hardly fair is it?

But investing in the markets, expands the economy and improves GDP. If they had gone after the people with money instead, there would have been less investment in the markets, the economy would have shrunk and everybody would have been worse off, including the poorest.

16 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

But investing in the markets, expands the economy and improves GDP. If they had gone after the people with money instead, there would have been less investment in the markets, the economy would have shrunk and everybody would have been worse off, including the poorest.

There is a school of thought that the economy would have been boosted more by simply giving the money spent on QE directly to people for them to spend.

20 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

There is a school of thought that the economy would have been boosted more by simply giving the money spent on QE directly to people for them to spend.

Spending and market investment are not the same thing though. Spending money doesn't generate more wealth in the economy, it just shifts it around. In order to increase the overall wealth of an economy, market investment needs to be prioritized. Having more money in your pocket is meaningless if the economy is collapsing.