Playoff Picture / Number 1 pick thread

lichtie23

With only 1 game left in week 10 I thought it's time to start the playoff picture thread.

NFC East

Cowboys, 8-1

Giants, 6-3

Redskins, 5-3-1

Eagles, 5-4

NFC North

Lions, 5-4

Vikings, 5-4

Packers, 4-5

Bears, 2-7

NFC South

Falcons, 6-4

Buccaneers, 4-5

Saints, 4-5

Panthers, 3-6

NFC West

Seahawks, 6-2-1

Cardinals, 4-4-1

Rams, 4-5

49ers, 1-8

So as it stands the seeds would currently be

1- Cowboys

2-Seahawks

3- Falcons

4- Lions

5-Giants

6- Redskins

---------------------

Edited to update Giants and Bengals standings

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AFC East
Patriots, 7-2
Dolphins, 5-4
Bills, 4-5
Jets, 3-7

AFC North
Ravens, 5-4
Steelers, 4-5
Bengals, 3-5-1
Browns, 0-10

AFC South
Texans, 6-3
Titans, 5-5
Colts, 4-5
Jaguars, 2-7

AFC West
Chiefs, 7-2
Raiders, 7-2
Broncos, 7-3
Chargers, 4-6

As it stands
1- Patriots
2- Chiefs
3- Texans
4- Ravens
5- Raiders
6- Broncos

Looks to be a straight scrap between the 0-10 Browns and 1-8 49ers for the number 1 draft pick. The Bears and Jags (2-7) could still be in that race.

I don't see any games on the schedule that the 49ers or Browns can win tbh. 49ers were much improved last night tbf but I still can't see them beating anyone.

The Lions took the lead in NFC North at the weekend, but the way things are you can't really call anything or predict any momentum.  All the divisional games left for the Lions are at home, which is an advantage, and the non-divisional games include trips to the Giants and the Cowboys, which are going to be tough to say the least.  However, Green Bay and Minnesota both have tough run ins as well and are both tanking the last few weeks.

It's so right it's ridiculous though.  The Lions are a few points away from being either 0-9 or 9-0 and it wouldn't be a huge shock if it's them that takes a turn for the worse.

My predictions for each division

NFC North - Lions

NFC East - Dallas

NFC West - Seattle

NFC South - Atlanta

AFC North - Pittsburgh

AFC East - New England

AFC West - Raiders

AFC South - Houston

Packers will take NFC north, Lions won't last the pace and Vikings have such a large number of starters out that they just can't keep up. 

Cowboys falcons and Seahawks to take the other divisions. 

Broncos Pats Steelers and Texans in the AFC as well. 

Unfortunately I see the browns go 0-16. 

AFC still fairly close. The Texans IMO have the lightest schedule left but not by much, Titans probably have the hardest. The Jags are done already.

Texans: @Raiders (Mexico City), Chargers, @Packers, @Colts, Jags, Bengals, @Titans. - Those next three games may make or break us. Monday's game is the toughest but thankfully it's not actually in Oakland and I think we do still have a shot. Our only defeats have come @Broncos, @Patriots & @Vikings - 3 tough games for anyone.

Titans:  @Colts, @Bears, BYE, Broncos, @Chiefs, @Jags, Texans - This weekends match-up between the Titans and Colts will go a long way to deciding it, if the Titans can pick up the W then they're in with a decent chance of putting some pressure on us. Those two games coming out of their bye-week could see that pressure disappear though if we have a half decent run. They're starting to look the business though and if it's not this year, then I'd expect a post-season from them next year.

Colts: Titans, Steelers, @Jets, Texans, @Vikings, @Raiders, Jags - This doesn't look a ridiculously hard schedule, especially given the Vikings loss of form but I just don't think the Colts have it in them to string together a run of results. It wouldn't be inconceivable looking at that for them to still be looking for their next win when the Jags come calling.

Texans will go from 6-3 to at least 9-7 IMO. We're definitely improving, just very slowly in comparison the Titans. But the Titans are already at 5-5 with the Broncos & Chiefs still to play. Texans currently have the head-to-head too. It's going to be close.

2 hours ago, irvine_buddie said:

My Predictions:

Cowboys

Packers

Falcons

Seahawks

Patriots

Steelers

Titans

Broncos

Wildcard - Raiders and Lions

Browns 0-16

You know there are two wild card spot for each conference.  But heh, I give you a charity bet and say the NFC North does't have two teams in playoffs.  

Can't see the Texans winning their division, they are gash and their record flatters them. Titans are decent and Mariotta is on fire they should overtake them. I think they play in the final regular season game so that could be a decider if it's not done by then.

And I bet Sky still wouldn't show it

4 hours ago, Antiochas III said:

You know there are two wild card spot for each conference.  But heh, I give you a charity bet and say the NFC North does't have two teams in playoffs.  

Good point.

I'll take that bet, I think the Packers will get it sorted and Lions and Vikings both have a decent shedule.

I see they've changed their 9pm game on Sunday to Dolphins and Rams since Goff is starting.

Aye. Was meant to be Eagles vs Seahawks I believe. It gives Neil Reynolds an opportunity to shoot his load over Jay Ajayi as well

7 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Aye. Was meant to be Eagles vs Seahawks I believe. It gives Neil Reynolds an opportunity to shoot his load over Jay Ajayi as well

Eagles v Seahawks will probably be a decent game but Seahawks have been in Primetime a couple of weeks in a row so be good to see different teams. I might beat Neil Reynolds to it, Ajayi has led me to 8-2 in my fantasy league.. only took him late on in the draft because I'd heard he's British.

5 minutes ago, irvine_buddie said:

Eagles v Seahawks will probably be a decent game but Seahawks have been in Primetime a couple of weeks in a row so be good to see different teams. I might beat Neil Reynolds to it, Ajayi has led me to 8-2 in my fantasy league.. only took him late on in the draft because I'd heard he's British.

Maybe I should have worded this differently in response to him shooting his load....

I have no doubt the Ajayi factor was one of the reasons they were so willing to change that game. Lichtie's right though in that regardless of how important that Houston @ Tennessee game is on the last week of regular season, they still won't show it. The other games on at the same time are:

Saints @ Falcons, Giants @ Skins, Panthers @ Buccs, Packers @ Lions, Jags @ Colts, Cheats @ PhinsBears @ Vikes, Bills @ Jets, Cowboys @ Eagles & Browns @ Steelers.

Knowing Sky they'll go for one of the ones I've highlighted.

Archived