Playoff Picture / Number 1 pick thread

lichtie23

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, irvine_buddie said:

Missed opportunity for the Redskins this weekend, they cost me about £150 as well :thumbsdown

Tell me about it.  Skins could be .5 game behind the Giants at the moment with them facing Dallas and Skins facing the Eagles this weekend.  What you need to know is thiugh, this is unknown territory.  Skins are either first or last in the NFCE.  

14 hours ago, Antiochas III said:

Tell me about it.  Skins could be .5 game behind the Giants at the moment with them facing Dallas and Skins facing the Eagles this weekend.  What you need to know is thiugh, this is unknown territory.  Skins are either first or last in the NFCE.  

Thought they were going to get it down driving down the field in the last minute, the offensive line let Cousins down though he was getting no time at all to throw the ball.

Seattle drop from NFC #2 to #3 and considering the 4 losses and tie have come on the road, 2 of the losses are to potential Play-Off opponents, this does not bode well for us Seahawks fans.

Detroit have three HUGE games to close out the season - trips to Dallas and then the Giants before a head-to-head with the Packers on New Years Day.  The Packers face all three divisional opponents in their final three games.  I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibilty that Detroit lose their next two to go 9-6, Packers win their two to hit the same and then the head-to-head is for the NFC North.

A lot of ifs.  

With the Broncos schedule and Tannehill fucked, what are the odds of:

1. Neither winning another game in regular season
  2. The wheels coming off the Ravens or Steelers resulting in both the Texans and Titans making post-season. :ph34r:

48 minutes ago, Spain said:

With the Broncos schedule and Tannehill fucked, what are the odds of:

1. Neither winning another game in regular season
  2. The wheels coming off the Ravens or Steelers resulting in both the Texans and Titans making post-season. :ph34r:

I'm not 100% sure how the tiebreaking procedures will work with them against other AFC teams. Assuming both win their two games not against each other, one will win the division at 10-6 and the other finish 9-7.

Broncos would normally have as tough a three game stretch to end the season as you could really wish for, except that it's likely that either the Patriots in week 16 or the Raiders in week 17 - or both - will already be locked into whatever seed they are going into the game. As a result they should win at least one game and finish 9-7. Likewise the Dolphins should be done with Tannehill gone, but @Jets and home to the probably-already-clinched-HFA Pats gives them two winnable games even without a real QB. 9-7 again?

Ravens and Steelers play each other, both play the Bengals (out of contention), and the Steelers play the Browns at home in the last game. Assuming that Browns game is a given, taking the Steelers to 9 wins, you'd then really want them to beat the Ravens as well so they win the division, and also hope that the Ravens can only win one of their other three games - @Pats, Eagles, @Bengals. If that happens, they'd be 8-8 and out of it. Worst case scenario here is the Ravens beating the Steelers and winning 1 other game, meaning they'd have at least 9 wins as well.

So yeah, basically there's gonna be a bunch of 9+ win teams in the AFC wildcard race and could come down to a big mess of tiebreaking. Meaning the chance of two AFCS teams in the playoffs is almost impossible. So you'll just have to win the division.:thumsup2

8 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Detroit have three HUGE games to close out the season - trips to Dallas and then the Giants before a head-to-head with the Packers on New Years Day.  The Packers face all three divisional opponents in their final three games.  I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibilty that Detroit lose their next two to go 9-6, Packers win their two to hit the same and then the head-to-head is for the NFC North.

A lot of ifs.  

Lions to lose all three with Vikes beating Green Bay on Christmas Eve to win the division 10-6. 

Lions to lose all three with Vikes beating Green Bay on Christmas Eve to win the division 10-6. 

This could very well happen!!!

8 hours ago, King Kebab said:

This could very well happen!!!

Unfortunately I think it's maybe a step to far for us to win at lambeau, especially with Rodgers looking good just now, Bucs and Skins slipping up may be more likely and sneak in the back door. 

Archived