Dumbarton -vs- Bonnyrigg Rose - Part Two

Jan Vojáček

I can't wait for Stevie's post match interview.

We were lucky to get the replay. We didn't deserve a 2nd shot at Bonnyrigg. Well done to them for getting the win.

This isn't supposed to be disrespectful to Bonnyrigg but this is a result that should probably see Aitken's future under serious doubt.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, ham89 said:

Not sure I'll sleep tonight.

I headed for the pub after the home fixture absolutely gutted, we should have won, we had missed our chance.

When the draw was made and Hibs came out, I couldn't believe it. What could have been.

And all that despair and we have actually somehow pulled this one out of the bag.

What a result.

Enjoy your night mate. 

I do feel sorry for Aitken tonight. He didn't send the players out to act like they couldn't be arsed and he also had a very limited squad to work with. Bonnyrigg defo deserved it though and there fans were outstanding.

I don't. That performance was not a surprise, it's been like that all season. I would feel for him if they just didn't turn up for once but, by this is far too common.

I do feel sorry for Aitken tonight. He didn't send the players out to act like they couldn't be arsed and he also had a very limited squad to work with. Bonnyrigg defo deserved it though and there fans were outstanding.

Sorry but that's just more excuses. Aitken is going to get us relegated.

In short, we were astonishingly bad and disgraced ourselves. It should have been a more convincing defeat if anything. We'll doubtless explore these issues on our own thread.

Bonnyrigg played with conviction and absolutely deserved to progress with all the plaudits that come with it. A glamour tie awaits, good on them.

Ooft.

His tactics, his players. Nobody's fault but his.

If he doesn't quit we should be askin Ian Wilson for the funds to sack him.

3 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

This is the squad Aitken built. That its devoid of depth is down to how we signed and who we signed. If we weren't goox enough to beat a junior side with 2 attempts then it says a lot about the team that the manager has put together.

It's the lack of interest as well. The Bonnyrigg players clearly wanted it more tonight, it was so blatantly evident.

A mess of his own making. He will always be remembered for that result.

I am on my way back from this game - I attended as a neutral. At half time I felt sure that Dumbarton would win: Bonnyrigg had had two good chances, and Dumbarton enjoyed a good spell of possession in the second part of the half. Bonnyrigg had started to look tired even then.

However credit to the Rose as they fought their way back into the half, and excellent lead up play by their big centre forward (who was excellent all night) saw them score a lovely goal with about 5 to go.

The Dumbarton fans round about me seemed more resigned to going out and were very fair to Rose, much more fair than I'd expected in a Senior vs Junior game. Maybe because their main target is their manager? Anyway good luck to Bonnyrigg, and credit to both sides for an entertaining game.

Archived