Dumbarton -vs- Bonnyrigg Rose - Part Two

Jan Vojáček

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not wishing to be over critical of what are basically frustration on part of sons fans but I find it a bit difficult to accept some of the individual comments.

i think stevenson is an easy target . Interesting he wasnt messi  but when he left the pitch that's when midfield went tits up.

Not wishing to be over critical of what are basically frustration on part of sons fans but I find it a bit difficult to accept some of the individual comments.

i think stevenson is an easy target . Interesting he wasnt messi  but when he left the pitch that's when midfield went tits up.

Stevenson is a fuckin pretender.

He's one of the laziest, half arsed players I've EVER seen play for us and we're paying him an absolutely ridiculous wage.

I'm happy to see individuals targetted and singled out. They deserve it.

Not disagreeing but why last night do other players in all the posts I've seen escape without mention ?? 

1 or 2 posts mention players names, I don't anyone is deliberately leaving others out for criticism, just highlighting who they felt were our worst performers, which you may think otherwise.

Everyone of them are a disgrace, including the fans favourites but the buck stops with Stevie. Going down a league and offering absolute failures like Stirling more per week than your current player of the year sums him up.

yip as I said I agree with what people say just find it strange when individualising that some players escape. 

Right we were absolute rubbish but until the substitutions I thought we were at least in possession . That changed and in last 10 the goal was coming.

our possession to creating chance ratio is virtually nil . 

yip as I said I agree with what people say just find it strange when individualising that some players escape. 

Right we were absolute rubbish but until the substitutions I thought we were at least in possession . That changed and in last 10 the goal was coming.

our possession to creating chance ratio is virtually nil . 

This is junior team we were playing. No disrespect to Bonnyrigg but we should have been winning that with some to spare. 'Still being in it' after a game in a half is absolutely nowhere near good enough. At all.

9 hours ago, ham89 said:

Not sure I'll sleep tonight.

I headed for the pub after the home fixture absolutely gutted, we should have won, we had missed our chance.

When the draw was made and Hibs came out, I couldn't believe it. What could have been.

And all that despair and we have actually somehow pulled this one out of the bag.

What a result.

Love this; what it's all about!

what can I say, I am immensely proud of the club and everyone connected to it, you can support a team for 20 years to have just one day like this and its all worth it. The biggest game though is still to come and win lose or draw I will be enjoying that as much as I can.

Fair play to the Dumbarton fans who have been very respectful of Bonnyrigg and even complimentary which I thank you for and I have left after these 2 games with a greater appreciation and respect for your club and fans, I know its a low time for you but again the fans will stick by their club and see it through.

Hibs, ya fvcker. I hope that the town comes out in support of this monumental game for us and gives the team the backing they deserve, this really is our champions league final.

Great result for Bonnyrigg but surely everything should be done to get the game on at NDS instead of immediately looking to move it for more cash. Part of the romance of the cup is to see teams like Hibs playing at small grounds they don't normally play at  and yet the first thing clubs look to do these days is move the tie to a big ground for more cash. Thats why the Scottish Cup these days is losing a lot of its appeal. Compare it to the FA cup where you often see teams like Liverpool etc playing at some wee ground in the middle of nowhere. The old police thing shouldnt come into it either as we had Rangers playing every other week at small grounds when they were in the 2nd and 1st divisions and everybody coped just fine. 

As I said earlier in the thread, I wrote the report for the Lennox for this one. Bonnyrigg fans feel free to have an enjoyable read, Sons fans consider how much swearing I had to edit out of my first draft 

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/dumbarton-fc-exit-scottish-cup-9407629

Congratulations to Bonnyrigg. Sore one for Dumbarton.

Quite rare for a non-league team to beat someone from tier 2. Think the last case was Spartans beating Morton.

I hope every effort can me made to have the tie played at New Dundas Park... It's at the core of the cup romance to see the biggest clubs facing a tricky tie on unfamiliar territory with a partisan atmosphere. After almost a decade without a tie being moved (except a Gretna tie when the Fir Park pitch was wrecked) there have been several recently... even including an SPFL club in the shape of Albion Rovers... and it's never quite the same.

5 hours ago, cedrick1 said:

Hope Bonnyrigg get a live tv payday to go with is . You deserve it. 

4 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

They arent. Sky and the BBC chose their games before they knew the result of this game.

Just have to hope Hibs hang on for a replay then.

4 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Great result for Bonnyrigg but surely everything should be done to get the game on at NDS instead of immediately looking to move it for more cash. Part of the romance of the cup is to see teams like Hibs playing at small grounds they don't normally play at  and yet the first thing clubs look to do these days is move the tie to a big ground for more cash. Thats why the Scottish Cup these days is losing a lot of its appeal. Compare it to the FA cup where you often see teams like Liverpool etc playing at some wee ground in the middle of nowhere. The old police thing shouldnt come into it either as we had Rangers playing every other week at small grounds when they were in the 2nd and 1st divisions and everybody coped just fine. 

Are you really trying to have a go at BRR for securing their future for years to come? Falkirk drop their pants and accept peanuts for their players to just keep running every year. 

Archived