Patrick Thistle vs Rangers, 26th November

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Dr Koop said:

The smell of burning Victoria's Secret red, yellow and black frillies is overpowering, HJ.

The only Thistle related knickers I can think of at the minute have shite smeared all over the gusset.

59 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I agree it was a shocking attempt at a save, and not the first time he's been culpable for a goal in his spell so far, but the defence parting in front of him and leaving a huge gap for Dodoo to stroll into was criminal. It seems like with seconds left in the game, our players actually try to run away from the ball - it's fucking disgraceful.

I was angrier with the guy who let Miller nick a ball he wasn't favourite for, then turn him and stroll away despite being in his late thirties.  Dealing with that easy situation would have seen a draw.  Pathetic cowardice.

Any media comment on the blatant sectarian singing?

I think it's unfair to call us cowards considering thistle didn't sit back for a point over the 90 mins we actually went for it. We collapsed in stoppage time as we have too often and believe me I was raging when it went in. But calling us cowards is a step too far as if that goal haven't gone in and we had a 1-1 draw then a lot of people would be singing our praises. But believe me I am as annoyed as every thistle fan.

16 minutes ago, thepundit said:

That was embarrassing. We might have won the game but when you need last minute winners against the bottom two teams it should tell you we're well, well below the standard that should be expected of us.

Absolute disgrace.

And that's even before you consider the disgusting conduct of so many of your team's supporters.

16 minutes ago, thepundit said:

That was embarrassing. We might have won the game but when you need last minute winners against the bottom two teams it should tell you we're well, well below the standard that should be expected of us.

Absolute disgrace.

Keep getting last minute winners and teams will start to get a bit of self doubt when playing us.

A month or so ago we'd have dropped points, the team is improving.

19 minutes ago, RedAndYellow said:

I think it's unfair to call us cowards considering thistle didn't sit back for a point over the 90 mins we actually went for it. We collapsed in stoppage time as we have too often and believe me I was raging when it went in. But calling us cowards is a step too far as if that goal haven't gone in and we had a 1-1 draw then a lot of people would be singing our praises. But believe me I am as annoyed as every thistle fan.

Nope, I stand by the charge.  

From 1-1, Thistle were in trouble.  The winning goal really did result from allowing Rangers to come in close without having to work very hard or employ great trickery.  If you also think that stoppage time collapses are too frequent, then I don't see how you can challenge the charge of cowardice.

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Nope, I stand by the charge.  

From 1-1, Thistle were in trouble.  The winning goal really did result from allowing Rangers to come in close without having to work very hard or employ great trickery.  If you also think that stoppage time collapses are too frequent, then I don't see how you can challenge the charge of cowardice.

It's not cowardice I don't see how they are cowards for conceding a goal. Yes I think thistle are too lacklustre in stoppage time but I would not call them cowards.

I said at 1-0 that it'd be a good point for us, and I still end up disappointed.

Rangers* were garbage first half, keeper had the most touches i reckon of any player at that point. Edwards good when he came on. Barton motm.

Still rolled over to give away a potential huge, historical three points. Next game im at is Celtic...

Just fucking END IT ALL NOW

10 minutes ago, RedAndYellow said:

It's not cowardice I don't see how they are cowards for conceding a goal. Yes I think thistle are too lacklustre in stoppage time but I would not call them cowards.

It's because it came about as a result of retreating and not doing enough to impose themselves at that stage.  I think it does reflect a lack of belief and courage.

Archived